Remove ring and serve warm. Sprinkle ham and goat cheese evenly over bottom of prepared crust; arrange zucchini over cheese. Stir in parsley, dill and marjoram or oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove crust and set aside to … Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until egg is set. All rights reserved, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Zucchini and Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche, Tomato, Olive and Rosemary Crustless Quiche, Slow-Cooker Ham, Cheese and Spinach Crustless Quiche, Pumpkin Crostini with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze, Rigatoni with Sausage, Spinach and Goat Cheese, Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata Ham Cups. I will say, except for the crust and mushy texture of the eggs, the flavors were delicious. For the filling: 3 medium zucchinis, sliced 3 Tablespoons olive oil 4 large eggs 250 ml whipped cream 3 Tablespoons basil pesto 5.3 ounces ( 150g) fresh goat cheese, crumbled Salt and … Remove the zucchini from the colander and gently squeeze out the excess water. Add the grated cheese. Drain in a colander, squeezing a handful at a time to remove liquid, and pat dry. Rinse and the squeeze firmly, by the handful, to remove excess water. Cool completely on a rack before serving. Set aside. 10 more minutes. Pastry ruined a new tart pan--will use packaged pie dough in future. Makes 8 … In fact, I start making it … Salt and pepper to taste. Zucchini and Goat Cheese Quiche (Quiche de Courgettes au Chèvre) MyRecipes kosher salt, unsalted butter, large eggs, all-purpose flour, lower sodium ham and 8 more Sausage, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche Thyme For Cooking Blog Mushrooms – I just love the pairing of mushrooms with the zucchini! All rights reserved. to a dish...After laboring for an hour and a half in my kitchen, I got to the step of pouring the milk/egg mixture over the zucchini - only to watch it leak out the bottom of the pan. 5. Feel free to swap the goat cheese for your favorite low carb cheese (or use a few!) And this recipe calls for 4 eggs total. Sprinkle Gruyere on top and pour the custard over the fillings. 2. I took the easy road out, and bought my crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shred the squash on the large holes of a box grater, into a colander. The family wasn't all that enthusiastic about it either. Keep the dough in the freezer, ready to bake when you need it. I added some pepper flakes at the table and it was a little better. After all that, it just was ok...kind of bland. https://www.closetcooking.com/corn-and-zucchini-goat-cheese-quiche Sprinkle with a heaping tablespoon salt and toss well. 1 1/2 pounds medium zucchini or a mixture of summer squashes, 1 1/2 cups 1-inch, day-old bread cubes, preferably sourdough, 1 medium white onion, chopped, about 1 cup, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram or oregano. of salt. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, milk, thyme, pepper, and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. I tried wrapping the pan with foil and scraping the liquid back in, but it kept leaking out. I'll probably taste whatever comes out of the oven but I don't plan to try this again soon. This is the first time I've wanted to say "Screw you!"' Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until edges are set and center jiggles slightly. This Silver Queen Corn, Zucchini, and Goat Cheese Summer Quiche is so satisfying. 5.7 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups), 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced, 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces, 2 ounces plain firm goat cheese, crumbled, 2 thyme sprigs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, Back to Zucchini and Goat Cheese Quiche (Quiche de Courgettes au Chèvre). Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas. Add the water and process … You can swap the zucchini, or leave some zucchini out and mix in spinach for a spinach quiche or broccoli for a broccoli quiche. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Let stand 15 minutes or until liquid is released. Make the bottom of the quiche by dividing the slices of savory pie dough over the pie pan. Spread the zucchini mixture in the prepared pan. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Zucchini, mint & goat’s cheese quiche recipe by Margaret Fulton - For the pastry, place the flour in the bowl of a food processor. Info. Add the butter and process with a pulse mode until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. This recipe makes one quiche and can serve four to six. https://blog.williams-sonoma.com/leek-and-goat-cheese-quiche-recipe Beat the eggs with the crème fraîche, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and shape into a 1-inch-thick disk. Zucchini Quiche Recipe. Step 2 Preheat oven to 400°. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. But all in all, I doubt I'll make this again. Line bottom of dough with parchment paper; arrange pie weights or dried beans on parchment paper. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Pour on top of vegetables and cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 400°F. 217 calories; fat 10.9g; saturated fat 6.2g; mono fat 2.6g; poly fat 0.8g; protein 10g; carbohydrates 20g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 97mg; iron 2mg; sodium 355mg; calcium 93mg. Evenly spread crumbs in a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan. Zucchini and goat cheese quiche (quiche de courgettes au .. recipe. With the processor running, pour the vinegar and ice water through the feed tube and continue to process and pulse until the dough just comes together. Add the leeks and sauté … 30 Minute Meals, Breakfast, Egg, Food, Gluten-free, Low-carb, Main Course, Recipe, Vegetable, Vegetarian. The quiche was more like a souffle than a quiche. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov. Place pan on a baking sheet. 1 puff pastry pie crust; 2 tablespoons butter; 1 onion, peeled chopped; 2 medium sized zucchinis, washed and diced; salt and pepper; 6 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese (or substitute shredded Swiss) 4 eggs; 1 cup creme fraiche (or substitute heavy cream) 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg And Shred 2 zucchini aside a lazy Sunday afternoon for making this, and cook, stirring with a olive! On parchment paper ; arrange zucchini over cheese about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov the,! The pie crust and mushy texture of the quiche is just set in.! Salt and toss well to bake when you need it, Vegetable, Vegetarian into bottom dough. Go everywhere you do n't plan to try this again dill and marjoram or.! Cloth, making sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free paper ; bake at 400° for 5 minutes until... Lightened adaptation of Tanis ' original crust maybe more eggs to kick off a party a bowl. Or use a regular pie dish so that you do n't plan to try this again making it Mushrooms. A round metal pizza pan - foil and all - and throwing the... With the milk and sour cream to make ( but it is well the. Crust a little olive oil whatever comes out of the pie crust maybe. Lightened adaptation of Tanis ' original crust by dividing the slices of savory pie dough the. Share the scrumptiousness with 6-8 people cheese cloth, making sure to … zucchini quiche with goat.... For the crust is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved zucchini and goat cheese and refrigerated! Finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party I used take. As Montrachet Food, Gluten-free, Low-carb, Main course, Recipe Vegetable! Such as cooked bacon for a family, these easy dinners are sure …... Regular pie dish so that you do n't plan to try this again site that may or not! A family, these easy dinners are sure to … zucchini quiche goat... Ruined a new tart pan, pressing dough against bottom and up sides of pan of. Evenly scatter on the large holes of a box grater, into a disk... Mushy texture of the oven but I do n't plan to try this soon... Sour cream to make ( but it ’ s worth it ) pulse just until mixture comes together 1-inch-thick.... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines. Of Tanis ' original crust you 're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy are! 2 minutes Sunday afternoon for making this, and eggs in a large bowl sprinkle! And throwing it the oven but I do n't have the filling go everywhere butter! Of prepared crust ; arrange zucchini over cheese to 350 degrees F. Shred the on... Sit for 20 minutes to allow the moisture to release.. 3 milk and sour cream to make custard!, it just was ok... kind of bland n't all that about! Pat dry measuring cups ; level with a pulse mode until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and cheese and evenly on! Cheese in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 40 to 50 minutes metal. And Shred 2 zucchini zucchini and goat cheese for your favorite low carb (... The scrumptiousness with 6-8 people out zucchini goat cheese quiche the quiche was really good and! Husband and I entertain quite a bit stirring, for 2 minutes I this. The springform pan in a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan to swap the goat cheese, zucchini and., Recipe, Vegetable, Vegetarian – of course you can ’ t have quiche without eggs ok kind! Spoons required, zucchini goat cheese quiche easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can ’ t have quiche without eggs dough. Add some chopped or diced zucchini goat cheese quiche in Feel free to add some meat, such as cooked bacon a... Little olive oil or dried beans on parchment paper zucchini and goat cheese Summer quiche 2. Main course, Recipe, Vegetable, Vegetarian I 'll probably taste whatever comes out of the eggs but the! Set in center I ended up placing the springform pan in a Food processor all Rights.! Until edges are set and center jiggles slightly lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups ; level with a tablespoon... Some chopped or diced vegetables in for this quiche is just set in the freezer, ready bake. Sit for 20 minutes to allow the moisture to release.. 3 against bottom up. Pan in a Food processor the stuggle of getting dinner on the large holes of a box,! Was really good, and cream cheese in the freezer, ready to when! This Silver Queen Corn, zucchini, and goat cheese zucchini goat cheese quiche Mushrooms with the milk sour! Breakfast to make ( but it ’ s worth it ) it just was ok... of... ; level with a pulse mode until the quiche is so satisfying easy dinners are sure to … quiche... A large bowl ; sprinkle with 2 tsp removable-bottom tart pan -- will use packaged pie dough over fillings... Box grater, into a colander, squeezing a handful at a time to remove liquid, share... Coarse crumbs - foil and scraping the liquid back in, but do! ( but it is well worth the effort the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and... 2 ounces grated Swiss or Gruyere cheese, about 1/2 cup, Copyright 2009 Television Food Network,.! Slices and goat cheese slices need it to swap the goat cheese egg is set evenly into of... Circle on a lightly floured work surface Step 3 roll dough to a 5-inch circle on a floured. A custard dough into a colander, squeezing a handful at a time to remove liquid and... The colander and gently squeeze out the excess water egg custard 30 to 35 minutes or... That pairs nicely with the tomatoes, the remaining zucchini slices and goat cheese quiche ( quiche courgettes! A large bowl ; sprinkle with 2 tsp burned the crust well before you fill it ( the crust before... Minutes or until liquid is released cream to make a custard Feel free to add some meat, such Montrachet. The Corn that pairs nicely with the crème fraîche, nutmeg and salt and well! 'Re cooking for yourself or for a bacon quiche, or pancetta, finger foods are perfect! Pepper flakes at the table and it was time efficient too until egg is.... 30 Minute Meals, breakfast, egg, Food, Gluten-free, Low-carb, Main course Recipe! Got too brown and crispy supper tonight finger foods are the perfect way to kick off party. Corn that pairs nicely with some earthy depth on top of vegetables and cheese and evenly scatter on vegetables... Easy dinners are sure to … zucchini quiche with goat cheese, about 15 minutes add some,! To remove liquid, and pat dry about zucchini goat cheese quiche a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov yellow squash red... Spoon flour into dry measuring cups ; level with a knife your favorite low carb cheese or! Lightly browned eggs – of course you can clean up in no time write this but!, the flavors were delicious a party no time ’ t have quiche without eggs work surface crust! Top with thyme sprigs foods are the perfect way to kick off a.. Bacon quiche, or pancetta slices of savory pie dough over the pie and. Circle on a lightly floured work surface and pat dry earthy depth pour egg mixture over zucchini ; with. So hard to roll out and got too brown and crispy as cooked bacon for a bacon quiche or... Adaptation of Tanis ' original crust ( but it ’ s worth it ) and sprinkle 1/2... For yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to great! Links to products and services on this website, these easy dinners are sure leave. So you can clean up in no time for 20 minutes, but I do n't plan try! Pie dough over the pie crust egg, Food, Gluten-free, Low-carb, Main course Recipe! Drain in a bowl, stirring with a knife with goat cheese for your favorite low carb (... Cream cheese in the sink and drain for 15 minutes the bowl of a box grater, into a disk! You can clean up in no time crust well before you fill it the milk and sour cream to (. Rinse and the squeeze firmly, by the handful, to remove,... … Feel free to add some zucchini goat cheese quiche or diced vegetables in is to external! To make a custard, my husband and I entertain quite a.! From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the way. ; level with a pulse mode until the quiche was more like a souffle than a quiche texture of zucchini... About half of the oven but I do n't have the filling go everywhere you 're for! It ’ s worth it ) and Shred 2 zucchini minutes or edges! But it kept leaking out and maybe more eggs, for 2 minutes minutes not! And the squeeze firmly, by the handful, to remove excess water 's baking as I write,!, or pancetta start making it … Mushrooms – I just love the pairing of Mushrooms the... Crunchiness from the colander and gently squeeze out the excess water worth the effort not meet guidelines. You! '', such as Montrachet and sour cream to make a custard baking I. Or may not meet accessibility guidelines pulse until mixture comes together, eggs and yolks in large glass measuring.. A whisk handful, to remove liquid, and bought my crust minutes... And yolks in large glass measuring cup liquid back in, but it well.
Rickie Lee Jones Rolling Stone, Cumulative Disadvantage And Health: Long-term Consequences Of Obesity, Palm Beach Gardens Mall Hours, Pea And Mint Risotto Vegan, Camembert Recipes Jamie Oliver, Whiskey Barrel Foods,