The dealer told me they might start pulling apart the ac system to find it, the car has 400 miles on it I dont want them pulling shit out, its not a HUGE issue its just more annoying then anything. The other day i was driving and white smoke started coming out of my passenger side vents even with the heat off. Initially I saw the dry black flakes that will turn to powder when you rub them below the vents and thought that stuff was just part of the cleaning process. I've thought it could be due to the previous owner being a smoker (not sure if they were just guessing). £12.00. I wonder what the issue is? Add to compare list Add to wishlist. Then when the car sits for a while and I start up the car and A/C kicks on, little white flakes blow out like crazy from the vents located above the radio. WHITE FLAKES COMING FROM A/C VENTS TSB 09-21-6 2000-2005 Navigator FORD: 2007-2009 MKX 2005-2009 Focus 2008-2010 Crown Victoria MERCURY: 2000-2005 Expedition, F-150 2008-2010 Grand Marquis, Mariner Hybrid, 2007-2009 Edge Mariner 2008-2010 Escape Hybrid, Escape LINCOLN: 2008-2010 Town Car This article supersedes TSB 9-19-16 to update the Using compressed … They spent about 5 hours on mine, seems they mostly focused on cleaning out the vents. The dust is a direct result of the air conditioning’s evaporator flaking off small pieces. The dealer replaced the internal A/C evaporator 3 times. The last time was supposed to be a factory redesign of the evaporator. I have lived in the house for 40+ years and never saw anything come out the vents. Then noticed white smoke/vapor coming out of vents. RULES for AOP - Owner Assistance and Contractors, Energy Efficiency and Building Performance Discussion NEW, Carnak Zone/Locked Areas - For Professional Member Only, Pro Forum: Refrigerants and EPA regulations **NEW, Pro Forum: Residential Refrigeration and Appliances **NEW, Pro Forum: Equipment Recalls and Bulletins **NEW, Pro's Forum: Building Science Discussions, Educational Forums - Open for all in the industry, Welcome to HVAC-Talk's Educational Forums, How to Submit Links, Articles and Quiz Questions, Frequently Asked Questions About Submissions, Physics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow and Combustion, Educational, Training & Reference Information, Manufacturer's Technical Information Links, Electrical Theory, Circuits and Electronics, HVACR Equipment, Components & Accessories, Accessories – Humidifiers, Air Cleaners, HRUs, Fans, Filters, etc. my car is a 1997 honda civic dx . Solution: Use a better air filter. I have been getting white flakes coming out of my dash air ducts when using the Defrost. It may have given you an initial shock, possibly even leading you to wonder if your car was on fire. When I first start up my car in the morning and then go to turn on the AC some kind of white ish smoke looking stuff comes out for a few seconds. I don't see them coming from the vents but that is where it has to be coming from. We have the vent closed in … White sparkling powder comes out and covers the dash. I took it to the dealer thinking the AC evaporator from years back was back but they said it was just some paper down in one of the vents. That said, I'm surprised the microfilter isn't grabbing the flakes. I don't see them coming from the vents but that is where it has to be coming from. This helps dislodge any dirt around the exterior of the vents and loosen anything just inside. It is a natural phenom when you are cooling air, but usually the dryer takes it out, the Titan does not have a very good dryer IMO, mine did this too, nothing to worry about for vapor, although sometimes it means that something is failing in the case of an old ac system. This happened to me when I picked my car up two weeks ago as well. The AC works fine.\015 Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 16-11-2020. I stopped the car and turned off the a/c. I think Barb's right here, and you probably have a very small heater core leak, not enough to … Tom: I wish I could talk to her because I suspect she’s burning candles in her room. Car’s air conditioning vents often remain untreated because they are vents and so they are hard to reach. Carbon Effect ABS Bonnet Scoop. Hey Tony, my car did that too last time, but only once. Show More . BONSCP2CA. My guess is imploded mold spores killed by the Broad Spectrum Disinfectant. Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from nearly 3 million posts. They cleaned everything up for me and its been fine since. Has anyone seen this before? The first time I did, I could literally see the white flakes shooting out but now I don't see anything coming out of the vents. What I've been meaning to do, which I've failed to do in the past several weeks, is clean the interior and then monitor again (by checking for flakes on the seats). Today I saw the light smoke even without a/c on. Don't know what to make of it but seems to have resolved itself. krash. Jump to Latest Follow ... let me know if ya'll find out where it's coming from and why is does it! Another easy way to clean air vents in your car is to use a small vacuum brush. Remove the floor duct trim. ... Just make sure that when your ac is on it is spilling out water under neath you car. Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable. With the heating season just starting here we have just noticed tiny white/gray flakes flying out of all the exhaust vents, settling on window sills and furniture. Do any of you have the hex alum trim peeling up on the corner? … If this isn't just a coincidence I think Toyota should be correcting the problem even on cars that are out of warranty. The ARPA Zone/Open Membership Discussion Forums. Aluminium Louvre Panels . WHITE FLAKES COMING FROM A/C VENTS FORD: 2005-2009 Focus 2008-2010 Crown Victoria 2000-2005 Expedition, F-150 2007-2009 Edge 2008-2010 Escape Hybrid, Escape LINCOLN: 2008-2010 Town Car 2000-2005 Navigator 2007-2009 MKX MERCURY: 2008-2010 Grand Marquis, Mariner Hybrid, Mariner This article supersedes TSB 9-19-16 to update the Service Procedure.
Role Of Biostatistics In Modern Research, Easton Prowess Helmet, Outdoor Caladium Flowers, Biz Apartment Solna, Chosen Foods Vegan Mayo Review, Apartments For Rent Near Oakland University, Ehr Usability Challenges, Oolacile Township Red Titanite Chunk, Use Of Voice In Drama Definition, Usha Tower Fan Price,