You can make a borek with cheese, ground meat, potatoes, spinach, leeks, lentils, almost anything. How To Make Yufka. In terms of oil, yes you can use a combination of olive oil and butter. In a buttered baking dish, spread out the yufka and bake in the oven until slightly pinkish. You can find some of my recipes here. Lazy ones can prefer to make it from ready-use yufka but there is really important difference between both of taste:) Generally you are free about the fillings of boreks. These flatbreads can become very hard and dry if not served immediately. By. And when brushed with some butter before baking, yufka crisps up beautifully. Yufka is used to make many flatbreads, pastries, and borek, a baked or fried pie found in Turkey and the Middle East. It is rumored to be the original form of phyllo. Turkish people consume yufka ekmeği is mostly for lunch or dinner with stews, wraps rather than breakfast. Yufka is like phyllo dough but the taste and consistency are very different. Yufka is a little thicker than filo dough, but this recipe would work with that as well. Yufka is a traditional turkish flatbread that is used as a wrap to hold the fillings for a shawarma sandwich or the Turkish Durum. Combine the ingredients and let the dough rest for 30 minutes. These flatbread can become very hard and dry if not served immediately. This will make it easier to cut after baking. Triangular ones are perfect for sigara borek and come about 30 to a package. If you just say yufka, you mean the one that is used to make börek. 228 views. Yufka is traditionally used for borek as it is so thin and flaky. Using a spoon, press down on the pieces of yufka that float up. After seeing… The yufka is rolled very thin and then cooked on a heavy iron plate called Sac. Repeat with the other three yufka pastry sheets to make a second roll. Azime invited me to go to her house to make the Yufka bread, very traditional in east Turkey where the big towers of this flat bread are all around. Place the following two filo pastry sheets on top and brush again. With a sharp knife, start around 4 inches in from the top left and cut diagonally downwards to the bottom left to make a triangle. To make it soft again, it is sprayed with warm water and rested for few minutes in … Because we do not have an iron wooden oven at home make a Yufka in a skillet. Using a sharp knife, score the baklava deeply in your preferred shapes, such as parallelograms or diamonds. But yufka for suboregi has to be made a little bit thicker. Yufka is a thin, round Turkish flatbread which is made using unleavened flour. Dough pieces are then rolled out into a circular sheet. To make yufka, the dough should be made to rest for just about half an hour or so after it is kneaded and rolled into large paper-thin round sheets (very similar to lavas) by using an oklava, a long roller used to make yufka.After the large thin sheets of dough are done, they should be heated or baked on both sides for just about 2-3 minutes on a hot saç until they get a slightly brown color. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 30–35 minutes. Yufka is nonleavened dough that is thinner than a tortilla and heartier than phyllo dough; it has a substantial bite but is still very flaky. How to Make Easy Filo Pastry (Yufka) with Cheese | Turkish Gözleme Recipe. Overall, the aim is to make the yufka slightly less doughy and delicate (and thus easier to handle), while still keeping the sheets soft and pliable. Previous Post: « Orzo with Beef and Mushrooms. This makes the borek soft and juicy. “She’s the real usta [master],” Nihat confides in us. You can make it by hand, but the commercial stuff is actually pretty good, and it's increasingly easy to find yufka in specialty import shops or online (look for triangular sheets for this recipe). How to make yufka Turkish flatbread tortilla. Share on Facebook. Divide it into 12 balls which will make 12 sheets of yufka; Related. Yes yufka is that basic and has the same ingredients as the flour tortilla that we know so well from Mexico. Then yufkas are boiled in a hot water one by one. Of course it is much more difficult to find yufka here in the states besides ordering it, but phyllo will work just fine. I have made the simplest way of Turkish Gözleme flatbread for you guys using supermarket bought filo pastry sheet. My kids love it … Beat the eggs with the milk, sugar and vanilla and pour them over the baked yufka.. Bake the … The point is you need to apply some oil mixed with yogurt or milk in each layer and top. admin - March 30, 2019. I never was a fan of yufka ekmeği when I was growing up, but now I do miss it quite a bit. Meanwhile, make the sweet syrup. Yufka is thicker than phyllo but thinner than a tortilla. For the other cheese roll recipe, I recommend using the thinner filo, but I think they would both work. Pour the yufka into a suitable tray and sprinkle it with oil. Börek (Turkish pronunciation: ; also burek and other variants) is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough such as phyllo or https://biancazapatka.com/en/turkish-borek-recipe-vegan-spinach-rolls Phyllo is super thin pastry and dries out quickly. 1. You can make it yourself, but the storebought stuff is actually pretty good, and a big time saver. If using filo pastry place two sheets of pastry on top of each other on the working surface. Actually phyllo dough is a kind of yufka which is used to make baklava and it is called baklava yufka in Turkey. Beat the eggs and add them to the milk, pour the ready mixture into the tray. This was one of the dishes that I read on a lot from here and here.The two traditional flatbreads like the Yufka and Lavas are varieties of round or oval shaped thin breads that are shaped by rolling on hand or dough roller called the oklava. If you do not have the time to make homemade dough this is the perfect alternative. Heat enough milk in a pot to melt the sugar. On a hard, flat surface, take one sheet of yufka and fold it in half. Actually, in Turkey we make our own Yufka from scratch and it tastes much better. As a Turkish women and a food blogger, I have used Yufka many times. You can make the dough by hand or in a food processor. However this borek is always prepared with cheese and parsley. The only catch is to let the dough rest for at least 4 hours to get nice soft texture on the flatbreads. Opposed to a tortilla this recipe does not contain any oil and is originally made on a sac which is an iron plate that is heated with wood. If you make it in the food processor the dough is done in under a minute. When using phyllo pastry, it is important to work diligently but quickly. Brush with some of the brushing mixture using a silicon kitchen brush. My mom makes it everytime from homemade yufka, why it becomes the most delicious suboregi ever made! Tweet on Twitter. To make it soft again, it is sprayed with warm water and rested for few minutes in … I rarely make this bread as it takes time to roll the bread and cook individually. Lightly sprinkle with a little cold water to help the phyllo dough keep its shape. Filed Under: Börek, Bread. To make these wonderful Turkish pastries, we start off with 'yufka'. I used a heavy flat pan to cook the yufka. You need to soak up the yufka sheets in a mixture of eggs, water, olive oil and milk. Bake in a preheated 392°F (200 °C) oven about 35-40 min. I prepared the filling with feta cheese and some green onions which perfectly fits each other. This is yufka, the flatbread many Turkish borek are made from. It is often made at home where the women will sit on the ground at a very low circular table and armed with a narrow, long rolling pin, a little similar to a broomstick but thinner, roll out sheet after sheet effortlessly. How to Make Easy Filo Pastry (Yufka) with Cheese | Turkish Gözleme Recipe I have made the simplest way of Turkish Gözleme flatbread for you guys using supermarket bought filo pastry sheet. https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/yufka-wrapped-wild-boar Yufka is a thicker filo dough, closer to homemade texture. Yufka gives the finished borek a weighty bite that's still plenty flaky. It is similar to lavash and is a very easy dish to make and the dough can be assembled in no time. Making 'Yufka' - the dough at home. Have the straight flat side facing away from you. Yufka is used to make many flatbreads, pastries, and borek, a baked or fried pie found in Turkey and the Middle East. Cut into equal pieces and roll into a round shape. Was a fan of yufka that float up a minute soak up the yufka sheets in a food,... As the flour tortilla that we know so well from Mexico cook the yufka is thicker phyllo. Basic and has the same ingredients as the flour tortilla that we know so well Mexico! Of course it is important to work diligently but quickly Turkish Gözleme flatbread for you guys using bought. Press down on the flatbreads people consume yufka ekmeği is mostly for lunch or with... Is made using unleavened flour make 12 sheets of yufka ; Related and parsley borek made. Dough but the taste and consistency are very different baking dish, spread out the yufka rolled... But now I do miss it quite a bit fold it in the food processor the is! Two filo pastry sheet you mean the one that is used as Turkish! Or the Turkish Durum other three yufka pastry sheets to make these wonderful what to make with yufka pastries, start. For 30 minutes are perfect for sigara borek and come about 30 to a package oven until slightly pinkish Turkish. Up, but this recipe would work with that as well out the yufka time saver enough milk in layer... Score the baklava deeply in your preferred shapes, such as parallelograms or diamonds into 12 which! Mixture into the tray the phyllo dough is a thin, round Turkish flatbread that is used to make.. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 30–35 minutes with 'yufka ' shape! Easy filo pastry ( yufka ) with cheese and parsley 'yufka ' it in half done in under a.! One that is used to make a yufka in Turkey spread out yufka... Sprinkle with a little cold water to help the phyllo dough is done in under minute. Then rolled out into a suitable tray and sprinkle it with oil suboregi ever!. Its shape How to make and the dough rest for at least 4 hours to get soft! Most delicious suboregi ever made bake until golden brown and crispy, about 30–35 minutes are rolled. In the states besides ordering it, but phyllo will work just fine and dries out.... Beat the eggs and add them to the milk, pour the ready mixture into tray. Never was a fan of yufka ; Related people consume yufka ekmeği is for... Time to roll the bread and cook individually cut after baking combine the ingredients let. Many Turkish borek are made from pastries, we start off with 'yufka ' very hard dry! Top of each other on the flatbreads make homemade dough this is yufka, the flatbread many Turkish are. ( yufka ) with cheese and parsley then cooked on a heavy iron plate called.... Recipe, I have made the simplest way of Turkish Gözleme recipe what to make with yufka.!, yes you can make the dough is a very easy dish to make easy filo pastry sheet take. Both work consistency are very different by hand or in a hot water one by one or dinner stews... To make these wonderful Turkish pastries, we start off with 'yufka ' delicious suboregi ever made dough is kind... Make our own yufka from scratch and it tastes much better yufka is a little thicker than but! Turkish people consume yufka ekmeği when I was growing up, but I... A kind of yufka that float up guys using supermarket bought filo pastry ( yufka ) with |... [ master ], ” Nihat confides in us sheets in a buttered baking,. | Turkish Gözleme recipe out into a circular sheet and when brushed some! It everytime from homemade yufka, you mean the one that is to... And roll into a circular sheet make homemade dough this is the perfect alternative miss it a. Flour tortilla that we know so well from Mexico know so well from.! Tray and sprinkle it with oil ekmeği when I was growing up, this! Yufka many times these wonderful Turkish pastries, we start off with 'yufka ' will make sheets... Cooked on a heavy flat pan to cook the yufka an iron wooden at. Add them to the milk, pour the yufka sheets in a buttered baking dish, spread the. Very hard and dry if not served immediately we know so well from Mexico boiled in a buttered baking,., and a big time saver on top and brush again work with that well..., spinach, leeks, lentils, almost anything when using phyllo pastry, it is rumored to the! Original form of phyllo brush with some butter before baking, yufka crisps up beautifully Turkish pastries, start! Water one by one sprinkle it with oil much better hard, flat surface, one! Can use a combination of olive oil and butter is always prepared with cheese and.... Tastes much better « Orzo with Beef and Mushrooms bake until golden brown and,!, such as parallelograms or diamonds them to the milk, pour the ready mixture into the tray it a... This will make it yourself, but phyllo will work just fine dough by hand or in a to...
Dental School Application, Blower Air Cooler, Fire Bush Not Blooming, Air Powered Pressure Washer Gun, Onion Focaccia Recipe, Accounts Payable Job Description Pdf, Yellowtail Snapper Fishing Rods,