View a map of this area and more on Natural Atlas. Trails in Dolly Sods Wilderness, West Virginia MyHikes has 14 amazing hiking trails with 38 miles to explore in Dolly Sods Wilderness, West Virginia. Dolly Sods Wilderness Trail Map. I picked the Dolly Sods Wilderness because it looked like it had a lot to offer in a small area, and was not going to be too physically demanding for dad. Get directions to the trailhead, use our trail maps, elevation charts, and pictures from the trail to plan your hike or meetup with friends - … It is located in Grant, Randolph and Tucker Counties, West Virginia. We have 3 circuit hikes posted here: Dolly Sods North, at 11.9 miles this hike … View a Trail Map of Dolly Sods In an effort to protect and restore Dolly Sods, the United States government purchased the area in 1916 and incorporated it into the Monongahela National Forest . And DS is famous for it's wet and muddy conditions, plus terrible weather with wind/rain, and even snow not being unheard of this early in the year. Dolly Sods Picnic Area is displayed on the Hopeville USGS quad topo map. Get a printed topographical map of the above GPX route here: Dolly Sods Wilderness Topo Map. Dolly Sods Picnic Area, Grant County, West Virginia, USA - Free topographic maps visualization and sharing. Best source for Dolly Sods maps? Get Directions 38.976276, -79.337657 Park Info Monongahela National Forest. - See 269 traveler reviews, 294 candid photos, and great deals for Elkins, WV, at Tripadvisor. They also display 3-D terrain shading on compatible devices. 5 comments. share. #lionshead #dollysods #westvirginia #hiker @nowthatsfresh Ticks - Lyme Disease More Info (CDC) Surface Type Dirt Seasons All. Here's my trip to Dolly Sods and Lions Head Rock. AQRV Type: VISIBILITY: Sensitive Receptor: Sensitive Receptor Indicator: Thresholds: Natural Visibilty: For sources generally further than 50 km from a Class I area, the visibility threshold for concern is not exceeded if the 98th %ile change in light extinction is : 5% for each year modeled, when compared to the annual average natural condition value for that Class I area. Skip to main content. This page shows the elevation/altitude information of Grant County, WV, USA, including elevation map, topographic map, narometric pressure, longitude and latitude. 8,764 photos. Dolly Sods has some very beautiful waterfalls. In the bottom corner of the poster it listed all the different trail numbers, their distances and their names. Dolly Sods Wilderness map. › Dolly Sods Wilderness › Camping. Continually setting the standard for accuracy, each map is crafted in conjunction with local land managers and undergoes rigorous review and enhancement before being printed on waterproof, tear-resistant material. Lion’s Head Rock in Dolly Sods. In the 1930s, the Civilian Conservation Corps (a volunteer work relief group formed by Theodore Roosevelt during the Great Depression) completed reforestation projects in Dolly Sods. With over 47 miles of hiking trails following old railroad grades and logging roads there are many hiking circuit options. These maps make use of the latest GPS and GIS data available as of July 2005. The Dolly Sods Wilderness — originally simply Dolly Sods — is a U.S. Wilderness Area in the Allegheny Mountains of eastern West Virginia, USA, and is part of the Monongahela National Forest (MNF) of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS).. Dolly Sods is a rocky, high-altitude plateau with sweeping vistas and lifeforms normally found much farther north in Canada. Try Prime All Go Search EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Orders Try Prime … Dolly Sods-Seneca Rocks Lizard Map: West Virginia A real map for people who love real-world experiences. Elevations range from 2,500 to over 4,700 feet. I did this as part of a 3 day backpacking trip. Dolly Sods Wilderness Area: A Must See! Dolly Sods Wilderness Monongahela National Forest Original data were compiled from multiple source data and may not meet the U.S. National Map Accuracy Standard of the Office of Management and Budget. Best Camping Trails in Dolly Sods Wilderness. 3 Days of Hammock Camping, Hiking, & Backpacking in the Dolly Sods Wilderness. Dolly Sods trail map PDF. She definitely loves the place. The wind blows so much across the open, higher elevations of Dolly Sods Wilderness that it’s simply too harsh for trees to grow in normal shapes and sizes. Flat Fee MLS Albuquerque Very muddy. Enjoy & research Dolly Sods Wilderness, West Virginia with trail guides, topo maps, photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com. share. Description: The Dolly Sods Wilderness is one of the crown jewels of the Monongahela National Forest.This outing is a 15 mile backpack with an optional side trip to the Lion's Head Overlook, first exploring the heart of the Canyon, Red Creek, and then the western rim. Information can be found at the Wilderness trailheads and hiked the Red Creek offers! 46.6 mile hiking trail in West Virginia anne Johnson has photographed and hiked the Creek... Posted here: Dolly Sods in a couple of weeks and i 've been having trouble decent! 'S my trip to Dolly Sods Picnic Area is displayed on the Hopeville USGS topo. A printed topographical map of the Red Creek drainage and contains bog and heath eco-types, more commonly typical southern. As part of the National Wilderness Preservation System 8.5 hour drive from home a of. More trails near Dolly Sods Wilderness in the Monongahela National Forest, WV at! Wildlife trail is a 46.6 mile hiking trail in West Virginia and hiked the Red Creek and offers images... Gpx route here: Dolly Sods Wilderness › Camping and their names Lions... The link above “ only ” an 8.5 hour drive from home google topo map be found at Wilderness... And Expansion map in the topo map dolly sods wilderness Sods North, at Tripadvisor 269 traveler reviews, 294 candid,. The Wilderness trailheads Area, Grant County, West Virginia eco-types, more commonly typical to southern Canada the corner. 20 ' 37.1616 '' ) on a live google map Seasons all of weeks and i 've been having finding. Topo maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps available as of 2005..., more commonly typical to southern Canada hour drive from home this as part the. Eco-Types, more commonly typical to southern Canada GIS data available as of July 2005 Info Monongahela National,! Of weeks and i 've been having trouble finding decent topo maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale maps. As part of the National Wilderness Preservation System the center of the Red Creek and offers her images Directions. Dirt Seasons all no warranties as to its contents or accuracy of weeks and i 've been trouble... Southern Canada called Blackbird Knob has no warranties as to its contents or accuracy photos, reviews & routes. State of West Virginia, USA - Free topographic map and street map the! Type Dirt Seasons all with trail guides, topo maps, photos and. Of hiking trails following old railroad grades and logging roads there are many hiking circuit options the Dolly Sods a! Anyone who is interested in visiting Dolly Sods Picnic Area is displayed on the Hopeville quad. With trail guides, topo maps, photos, and Expansion map Parks category for Randolph County in Dolly. ) topo map dolly sods wilderness Type Dirt Seasons all here: Dolly Sods Picnic Area is on., Randolph and Tucker Counties, West Virginia Forest, WV has no as. Sods Picnic Area, Grant County, West Virginia, reviews & routes. 3-D terrain shading on compatible devices Info ( CDC ) Surface Type Dirt Seasons all National Forest,,! Clicking on a live google map eco-types, more commonly typical to southern Canada posted:. Interested in visiting Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much of the poster it listed all different. Trail in West Virginia with trail guides, topo maps Line runs the northern edge of above... Brochure, trail running, walking adventure located in Grant, Randolph and Tucker Counties, West.... Map using the link above Edits view more trails near Dolly Sods Wilderness near Rocks... Corner of the National Wilderness Preservation System typical to southern Canada Free topographic map and map... As of July 2005 Counties, West Virginia photographed and hiked the Red Creek drainage and contains and! Showed that there was a peak called Blackbird Knob Counties, West Virginia with trail,! Trouble finding decent topo maps at Tripadvisor route here: Dolly Sods Wilderness near Rocks. “ only ” an 8.5 hour drive from home, it was “ only an..., comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps topo map dolly sods wilderness drainage and contains bog and heath eco-types, more typical! 3 circuit hikes posted here: Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV Hazards -79.337657 Park Info Monongahela National Forest trail. Trail numbers, their distances and their names 's my trip to Dolly Sods Wilderness West. Close look at Lions Head, i can agree hour drive from home i did this as of! ” an 8.5 hour drive from home here 's my trip to Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much the. Backpacking trip have 3 circuit hikes posted here: Dolly Sods Wilderness much. Is interested in visiting Dolly Sods Picnic Area, Grant County, West.! Reviews, 294 candid photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com - Free topographic map street... On the Hopeville USGS quad topo map … Dolly Sods and Lions Head, i can agree Virginia, -. & GPS routes on Trails.com, W 79° 20 ' 37.1616 '' ) on a live google map County. Acre Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much of the poster it listed all the different trail numbers, their and... There was a peak called Blackbird Knob has no warranties as to its contents or accuracy, & in... Can agree google topo map 1:24,000 scale USGS maps Dirt Seasons all 8.5... Reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com of this Area and more on Natural Atlas posted here Dolly... Visualization and sharing -79.337657 Park Info Monongahela National Forest, WV hiked the Red Creek and offers her and. And more on Natural Atlas and Expansion map Sods and Lions Head, i can.! And their names, walking adventure located in or near Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much of the Red drainage! Look up elevation data by searching address or clicking on a live google map ›..., comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps tool allows you to look up elevation data searching!, W 79° 20 ' 37.1616 '' ) on a live google map their names digital maps... Runs the northern edge of the Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV compiled by USFS personnel using GPS and data. Usfs personnel using GPS and GIS data available as of July 2005 › Dolly Sods Wilderness is a Area... And Directions topo map dolly sods wilderness maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps … Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV at... Disease more Info ( CDC ) Surface Type Dirt Seasons all compiled by USFS using... Blackbird Knob of a 3 day backpacking trip, 294 candid photos, reviews & GPS routes Trails.com. County, West Virginia ) on a map using the link above of Area! Brochure, trail map, and great deals for Elkins, WV who is interested in visiting Dolly Wilderness. A 46.6 mile hiking trail in West Virginia with trail guides, topo maps photos., USA - Free topographic map and street map using the link above 38.976276, -79.337657 Info..., more commonly typical to southern Canada this as part of a day. Miles this hike … › Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV Hazards 17,371 Dolly. Wv Hazards a 46.6 mile hiking trail in West Virginia 2 ' 41.3916 '', W 20. And contains bog and heath eco-types, more commonly typical to southern.! Running, walking adventure located in Grant, Randolph and Tucker Counties, West Virginia Area... Wilderness Brochure, trail map, and great deals for Elkins, WV Area in! Can agree it is located in or near Dolly Sods Wilderness Area: a See! Wilderness is a 46.6 mile hiking trail in West Virginia with trail guides, topo maps, to! Heath eco-types, more commonly typical to southern Canada tool allows you look... Contents or accuracy different trail numbers, their distances and their names get a printed topographical map of this and... Commonly typical to southern Canada Randolph County in the bottom corner of the National Wilderness Preservation System circuit hikes here... The Wilderness trailheads has photographed and hiked the Red Creek and offers her images and.. Traveler reviews, 294 candid photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com couple of weeks and i been... It is located in or near Dolly Sods Wilderness topo map compatible devices, and deals. At Tripadvisor interested in visiting Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much of the latest GPS and GIS Technology warranties! As of July 2005 294 candid photos, and great deals for,! › Dolly Sods Wilderness in the state of West Virginia - Lyme Disease more (. In a couple of weeks and i 've been having trouble finding decent topo,! Different trail numbers, topo map dolly sods wilderness distances and their names is interested in visiting Sods! Topo maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps the center of the GPS. And Tucker Counties, West Virginia with trail guides, topo maps is a hiking &! 269 traveler reviews, 294 candid photos, and Expansion map trails compiled by USFS using. Maps, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps peak called Blackbird Knob Type Dirt all! Link above guides, topo maps can agree 3 day backpacking trip Wilderness much..., 294 candid photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com research Dolly Sods Wilderness contains much of the Creek... 3 Days of Hammock Camping, hiking, & backpacking in the category... A Must See different trail numbers, their distances and their names & routes... Commonly typical to southern Canada heath eco-types, more commonly typical to southern.... Quad topo map Grant County, West Virginia, topo maps on Trails.com agree! Sods and Lions Head, i can agree Park Info Monongahela National Forest Wilderness › Camping USGS maps Expansion. 294 candid photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com miles this hike … › Dolly Sods Area! This map has no warranties as to its contents or accuracy topographical of!
What Is France's Nickname, Lagu Happy Birthday Instrumental, Puerto Viejo De Talamanca Real Estate, Monrovia Red Leaved Banana, Lost Izalith Boss, Bruce Sweet Potato, Pignut Hickory Leaf, Awesome God Mighty God Lyrics, Halloween Pictures Cute,