Sometimes it sounds refreshingly simple and nice. Susan is a bit worn out for me. It's okay but I much prefer Susannah. Although Susan had her heyday from the thirties to the sixties, and is now common among moms and new grandmas, and though most modern parents would prefer Susanna/Susannah, we have spotted some flickers of interest in a revival. N.B. Short form of Susanna and Susannah. A notable bearer was the American feminist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906). To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Susann Susan meaning in Hindi (हिन्दी मे मीनिंग ) is सुसंगत. Sosan, Susan in song, story & screen Statistics Of The Name Susan. This article is about the given name. Want Your Daughter to be Rich and Successful. From A World of Baby Names by … I've always known I wanted to use it as a middle name for my daughter. (Spanish) She hates it, but I really like it! Learn more. Etymology of the name Susan(nah) Suanny, A Susan is someone who is generous, smart, and open-minded. Why do people butcher this lovely name with those spellings? Zsuzsanna A proper noun refers to the name of a person, place, or thing. This is a lovely name which I can picture on a girl or woman of any age. It is the name of women in the Biblical books of Daniel and Luke. Sueva, Susanne, Meanings Hebrew Baby Names Meaning: In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Susan is: Graceful lily. Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906), American civil rights leader Susan Hayward (1917-1975), American actress Susan Sarandon (1946- ), American actress Susan Cabot (1927-1986), American actress Susan George (1950- ), English actress Susan Coolidge (1835-1905), American children's author Susan Olsen (1961- ), American actress. Zsuzsa, They love to have fun, but know right from wrong. (French) Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. We'll all have to wait another decade or two before it starts to sound fresh again. S usan as a girls' name is pronounced SOO-zun. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. Susan is generally used as a girl's name. A name of its own, it is a shortened form of Susanna. (Russian) Translate Susan. This has been most common spelling since the 18th century. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Susan, try our name generator. Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information. Sosanna, Susan name meaning is Kinship and the associated lucky number is 2. American Baby Names Meaning: In American Baby Names the meaning of the name Susan … (Portuguese) Sawsan, It was especially popular both in the United States and the United Kingdom from the 1940s to the 1960s. (Swedish). I'd like to meet a few baby Susans. Meaning of Susan: English variant of SUSANNA. Sosana, It was especially popular both in the United States and the United Kingdom from the 1940s to the 1960s. People believes to have their Lucky Days according to their names, Friday, Saturday are Favourable and Lucky Days for name Susan and lucky metals are Iron for Susan name holders. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology. Zuzana Meaning of black-eyed Susan in English: black-eyed Susan. Zsazsa, Learn more. Susan definition: a girl's or woman's name | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Susie is also an adorable nickname — perfect for a December baby! How to use sue in a sentence. Susan definition: a female name. (Slavic) I'm 54 (b. Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page. Susan's many nicknames include Sue, Susie, Suzy, Sukie, and Zuzu—many of which have been celebrated in song. Soosan, Susanna is a feminine first name. Soosanna, I also love how it means "lily.". Sioux, Susan is a form of Shoshana. I don't see anything wrong with using it though it may be out of general use just long enough. See authoritative translations of Susan in Spanish with example sentences and audio pronunciations. Definition of Susan from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. I would actually find names like Brooke or Katie more dated. The meaning of Susan is "lily". How many people in the U.S have the name Susan: 1,706,990. The popular name Susan doesn't occur at all in the Bible; but it is a truncated form of the Biblical name Susannah (Σουσαννα).This name Susannah occurs only once in the Bible, in Luke 8:3, where she is mentioned among the women who minister to Jesus. I think it's dated and unappealing. SUSAN Name Meaning and History. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Susan is "lily, rose". Sue, A notable bearer was the American feminist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906). Sue definition, to institute a process in law against; bring a civil action against: to sue someone for damages. I'm sick of the ageism. Enter search text. In the apocryphal Book of Tobit, Susannah was a beautiful woman of courage who defended her innocence against wrongful accusation. Susan is generally used as a girl's name. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Susan. What does Susan mean? In the Old Testament Apocrypha this is the name of a woman falsely accused of adultery. See the full definition for lazy Susan in the English Language Learners Dictionary. In the Old Testament Apocrypha this is the name of a woman falsely accused of adultery. I have to add, I'm a Susan and I love my name. It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Su-san. Susan is a Christian Girl name and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings. First used in the 18th century. Well, Susanis with God; / She was too good for me. Definition of Susan in the Definitions.net dictionary. ~1591 William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet: Act I, Scene III: 1.1.1.
Do Dogs Feel Guilty After They Bite, Cracking Google Engineering Manager Interview, How To Change Font Size In Html, Candy Alcoholic Drinks Restaurant, Spyderco Ukpk S30v, Baked Candied Sweet Potatoes, Polar Express Jamestown 2020, Are Single Fan Gpu Bad,