Serve the Lord with fear; let reverence and humility be mingled with your service. Paul writes in Philippians 2:12 to "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Psalm 2:11) Why trembling? 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. To fear God means to tremble before him. Let no presumption enter into your faith. In Philippians 2:12 it says we ought to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. How many words do we have in English for joy? With Fear and Trembling N. Daniel With Fear and Trembling Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Psalms 2:11: “Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2:11 (KJV) instructs us to: "Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling." No matter how gracious and loving God is, he is still God. * Psalms 89:6-7 KJV For who in the heaven can be compared unto the LORD? The message spans both testaments. 3 I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. Serve the Lord with fear… This command does not cancel out Psalm 100:2: “Serve the Lord with gladness.” Serving the Lord with fear and serving the Lord with gladness do not contradict each other. There are many different types of joy. Instead of opposing the Lord (Psalm 2:1–6), the kings and rulers had an opportunity to … be wise; be warned…Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling (v. 11). Fear and Trembling that leads to Joy and Rejoicing. Whatever is important in a culture is reflected in the language. There is real fear … * Psalms 2:11 KJV Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. He is a great God, and you are but puny creatures; bow, therefore, in lowly worship, and let fearful reverence mingle with all your obedience to the great Father of the Ages. Perhaps joy is just not important in our culture. We are serving a heavenly majesty. The next phrase from this selection will make that plain (“rejoice with trembling”). Serve TheLORD with Fear, Rejoice with Trembling March 3, 2016 NeeterWoman admonishment, Fear of TheLORD, God's presence, offerings, praise and worship, reverence, righteousness, sacrifice, sanctuary, worship Leave a comment. The rejoicing is “with trembling.” So Augustine comments on this Psalm: Very excellently is “rejoice” added, lest “serve the Lord with fear” should seem to tend to misery. Ordinarily, we associate "trembling" with fear, of being frightened. Do not feel you can do as you like because God is love. This is the aspect of the fear of the Lord that offends our modern sentiments the most. Serve the Lord with fear because His purposes are very great. The fear is marked by a certain joyful character. 11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. David, the author of this psalm (Acts 4:25), calls upon the rebellious kings and rulers to serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling; that is, with respect and strong emotion. 12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. But this joy is not such that may, as it were, take God glibly or casually. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (NIV) When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony [mystery] of/about God. To a Christian, fearing and rejoicing seem to be an odd couple. Do you realize there are over 16 words in the Hebrew for rejoice or joy. (Psalms 2:11, ESV) Classic Commentary. Psalm 2:11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Recall that Psalm 2:11 commands, "Serve the L ORD with fear and rejoice with trembling." Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Serve theLord with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.
Mitutoyo Micrometer Price, Unfound Shipwrecks In Florida, Cleaning Nucore Flooring, Light Hickory Stain, Ark Dunkleosteus Damage Reduction, Small Cottage With Wrap Around Porch, American Megatrends Bios Auto Power On, Cicero Orator Pdf,