Although it began producing its own line of guitars in 1989, the company originally started as a replacement part facility. For 2017, Schecter has prepared the stripped-down PT Special, a guitar very reminiscent of the classic Telecaster. The PT-Standard guitar has a creme bound alder body of traditional shape, bolt-on rock maple neck (25-1/2" scale), maple fingerboard with dot inlays. The body is made from mahogany, and the design is the reliable and standard Schecter Super Strat. Even if chocolate chip is on your mind, our cookies make an important contribution to a great shopping experience. The subtle hint of its model name aside, the new Schecter PT is not a Pete Townshend signature model. Schecter PT Special 1 month review. killer work, Schecter !!! Get lots of compliments on the cool jet-black looks and Tele street cred. I've been playing guitar for 30 years. This guitar felt and played like smooth butter. Schecter PT Special has 0 ratings (Score 0 out of 5 based on 0 ratings ).. Disclaimer. The sound of this guitar just gets better the more you play it, the body has great resonance when played as well as the neck. Schecter Guitar Research is proud to introduce the PT Fastback’s. In true Schecter … Schecter PT Custom HH – Trans Black Burst . Schecter PT review It may not be a Townshend signature model, but it's a definite tribute £599; $729; By Ed Mitchell 04 February 2011. email. SCHECTER PS-S-PT MAT 2016 PU Electric Guitar. You can view these at their website, in the thread called "The Vault". 497. Then definately give this PT a try. The wiring is clean and the electronics are surprisingly high quality for the price of this guitar. Single coil hot sounds available at the pull of a knob. Be the first to know when one is listed: Follow this Product. While we realise this isn't a Townshend signature model, we couldn't stop ourselves from belting out some Pete-style power chords. Most often used on single-coil units, a coil-tap bypasses a portion of a pickup's windings to reduce output. The neck feels pleasantly chunky, yet comfortably slim. Electronics comprise Schecter Diamond series single-coil pickups for authentic tones with the option of going from parallel to series with the push of the tone control. Reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2016. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … The PT-Standard guitar has a creme bound alder body of traditional shape, bolt-on rock map This thing is constructed with quality in mind. The PT Pro is loaded with a set of Schecter USA Z-Plus humbucking pickups. This is a brute, albeit a tonally versatile one. Close. For example, Pete's guitars had mahogany and poplar bodies; the new PT is made of alder. It has maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups. Schecter PT Electric Guitar Schecter doesn't just build great guitars, they create them. name. Table of Contents. Taking a vintage- style body and hot-rodding it with some modern firepower is old news these days. PT Standard Vault . Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, We found it tough to put down. Not sure you will find this quality out of the box from anyone else at $530 delivered, NEW! Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder PT FR S, Sea Fo . WiredGuitarist. But in the '70s and '80s, when Pete Townshend was busy commissioning his Schecter guitars, the concept was new and exciting. Bridge, saddles, and tuners are good quality. Comment. Great value. Download 135 Schecter Guitar PDF manuals. The great thing about the PT's Super Rock II humbuckers, when run through the clean channel of our amplifier is that the pursuit of power hasn't produced any tonal harshness. Plays as well as guitars costing three times the price. Every component is top notch. Schecter PT SLS Elite Electric Guitar Specifications Body: Swamp Ash Top: Flamed Maple Neck: Multi 7-ply Maple/Walnut/Padauk Construction: Thru Neck with Ultra Access Frets: 24 Extra Jumbo Stainless Steel Scale Length: 25.5” Fretboard Radius: Compound 305mm to 406mm Fretboard: Ebony Neck shape: Ultra-Thin “C” Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated VE015W Controls: Volume/Tone/3-Way Switch If you’re a T-style aficionado who has traditionally turned up your nose at this brand over genre stereotypes or lingering prejudices about import guitars, you owe it to yourself to set those kneejerk reactions aside and try the Fastback. u/the_amazing_spork. Schecter Guitar Research is an American, and well respected guitar company whose instruments are favoured by hard rock and metal musicians. From the Price Guide. Before we get down to the serious business of rocking out, we should clear something up. We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices. Once I finally recieved the lefty one I ordered it was even better yet. Features 5.00/5. But before you light your torches and head for the castle, know that the gene-splicing has paid off big time. © In the late 70’s, Schecter was a company that pretty much exclusively manufactured guitar parts. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Schecter PT Electric Guitar (Gloss Black) at Amazon.com. Extremely solid build. A recreation of one of Schecter's most popular models from the early '80s, Schecter’s PT Standard Electric Guitar was originally made as a custom model for a well known guitarist. Schecter review / Electric Guitars / Unbiased reviews of guitar equipment, CD and DVD music at Ultimate-Guitar.Com Quality 5.00/5. This page contains information, pictures, videos, user generated reviews, automatically generated review and videos about Schecter PT Special but we do not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of … Schecter PT Fast Back Black Electric Guitar The PT Fastback is modeled after the instrument that legendary guitarist Pete Townshend made famous during The Who's early 80's tours. Glad we got that sorted out. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. The Schecter PT was designed originally back in the 1980’s and was a custom only model which were designed for Pete Townshend and I believe that it was actually 1979 when Schecter first custom built these Telecaster styled guitars using what was called “Super Rock” coil-tapped humbuckers and Gibson-type toggle switch, some with Sperzel locking tuners for “The Who” guitarist. Onairangel2 TDPRI Member. Neck is thin, glossy and nice and fast. Even though I'm a lefty and the guitar was a righty, it felt very comfortable. 2015 Schecter PT Standard Electric Guitar Butterscotch T-Style Near Mint Japan. Coil splitting makes it really versatile for rhythm playing. If you leftys are lookin for a kick ass sounding and playing guitar and don't have alot of money to burn. The cream body binding is particularly striking on the PT. Lefties looking for an outstanding backup or 1st go to guitar for gigs, this is great! Arguably the most impressive upgrade of the bunch, these pickups perfectly re-create the powerful tone of the earliest Schecter creations. Pre-Owned. The PT Pro is loaded with a set of Schecter USA Z-Plus humbucking pickups. When I ws a kid in the 80's a video came on Mtv of the Who's "Eminence Front" Pete Townsend and Roger Daultry show up pre concert for what looks to be a soundcheck and you start hearing the synth and drums start up in the background. The Schecter PT is a very nice guitar. You will be amazed at how much guitar you will get for the money. The PT Standard has a luxurious crème bound alder body, bolt-on 25.5 inch scale maple neck with a maple fingerboard. Easy and reliable service Great overall axe! MusicRadar is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Follow along as I do a full walk-through and tone test on this amazing Schecter PT! 936069 General: also replaced the original harsh pickups with much nicer sounding paf voiced hagstrom humbuckers. Arguably the most impressive upgrade of the bunch, these pickups perfectly re-create the powerful tone of the earliest Schecter creations. Saturday, 10 February 2018. "Kookai oui non ml edt spray, most rare, new, please note that you will receive the same item displayed" Tweet. This is an excellent workhorse guitar. With dual Schecter Diamond humbucker pickups, 24 extra jumbo frets, a resonate basswood body, and a nice thin maple and rosewood combination for the neck and fret board, you have all the makings of a great sounding guitar that’s wonderfully responsive. Buy It Now. Schecter PT-Standard 4.15 out of 5 based on 93 ratings Disclaimer This page contains information, pictures, videos, user generated reviews, automatically generated review and videos about Schecter PT-Standard but we do not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on our web site. I saw this on the internet. Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2015, Great great solid guitar, everything that i had hoped for in a telecaster that wasn't fender... i can close my eyes and don't notice a difference.. Regarding the proper name 'Schecter PT Standard,' were you to look that up using your search engine of choice, you'd see the same name is being used to describe a Schecter guitar which, for all the world, appears to be a copy of a standard Fender Telecaster. The Schecter PT Special Solid Body Electric Guitar features a swamp ash body and bolt-on maple neck. "The great thing about the Super Rock II humbuckers is that the pursuit of power hasn't produced any tonal harshness.". Schecter review / Electric Guitars / Unbiased reviews of guitar equipment, CD and DVD music at Ultimate-Guitar.Com u/rifffraph. Although the PT has been stripped down to its basics (one volume, one tone, etc) at 5.1kg it's a chunky old beast that feels reassuringly solid when it's hanging from your shoulders. The PT is a modern classic with great playability and tone, and pickups that can kick your teeth in. Depending on the gain level, you can get an incredible range of tones from razor-sharp punk to all flavours of rock and metal. Reviews. $1,199. The warmth-inducing roasted maple neck has 22 frets, a 14" radius, 25.5" scale length, and thin "C" neck shape. Although it began producing its own line of guitars in 1989, the company originally started as a replacement part facility. Decided to take a chance on this and it was one of the best purchases I've made this year. Specifications General Model Name PT Apocalypse Item Number Schecter PT Apocalypse Electric Guitar Rust Grey Write a Review. captcha. Even though I'm a lefty and the guitar was a righty, it felt very comfortable. In fact, it's equipped with coil-splitters, not taps. Welcome to the Wired Guitarist Schecter PT review! You rated stars out of 5, Remove it. 10953 Pendleton St. Sun Valley CA, 91352 818.846.2727 (fax) They were not by any means a big name guitar builder. Fine set up, great pickups, and built to absorb and deliver punishment. Hmm, we don't have any listings for this product right now. They are made in Korea for Schecter USA, but don't let that worry you. January 11, 2015 ... Schecter PT Fastback II B ... Schecter Banshee Elite 6, Dream Machine II, & Avenger Standard Demos. Log in / Sign up As a Gear4music member you can quickly check out, view and track your previous orders, and choose to receive our latest offers and deals. Electric Guitars. BA1 1UA. The Schecter ended up being a lot less finnicky than the Fender and was A LOT less risky to take on the road so it … WiredGuitarist. The PT is a bit special. Solid setup right out of the box. The PT is a much more versatile guitar than we ever expected. These pickups sound fantastic clean, unleashing an infectious mix of punch and sparkle. We think it's still a thrilling package today. Indeed, as a player in the market for a new rock guitar it can be confusing to … I'm super psyched. I like this guitar as much as i enjoy my musicman axis , which cost me almost 3 times as much. 6 comments. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 4 days ago. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The 18:1 ratio provides for finer tuning and greater stability. Once I finally recieved the lefty one I ordered it was even better yet. I love the finishes and so many of the S style ones are FR or EMG which I don’t want. This guitar felt and played like smooth butter. News. A nice step up from the C-1 SGR is the OMEN-6. The addition of a 356mm (14- inch) fingerboard radius and 22 well-dressed jumbo frets makes playing the PT a dream. Frets are fat and easy to play. The Schecter PT is based on models played by Townshend in the '80s. Most players will find a tone on this guitar that will keep them coming back for more and more. January 9, 2018. Sound is amazing, especially for the price. Pros Aggressive styling. As expected, the PT gets on great with overdrive. 10953 Pendleton St. Sun Valley CA, 91352 818.846.2727 (fax) The Schecter PT-Elite is a Korean made guitar, but don't let that fool you. Taken it out and abused it for several shows, not a scratch on the thing. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, I've been wanting this guitar for a long time, Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2019. Articles, Schecter Guitar Reviews, Uncategorized. Thank you for signing up to Musicradar. Great playability. Great sound. I was actually going to get the USA Custom versino of this, but read the MIK is heavier (double bound) and has the same hardware (Bridge), so I figured I could get new pups, electronics, and even a new neck fro MUCH cheaper. It comes with a unique baritone scale, with 2 reinforcement rods inside the 30-inch neck. I have a schecter c1 exotic with the super rock pickups so I knew the PT was going to sound awesome. Black and 3-Tone Sunburst are … Featured. Socks were indeed blown off. Michael Anthony MA-4 Bass. Being a tinkerer I have already solid mounted the pickups and installed flush mount strap locks , I also adjusted the neck and need to replace a couple saddle adjustment screws (m3) set screws on the low E string to get just a touch more adjustment height. Te comento como está construido este post. 60 comments. Schecter PT Standard Butterscotch Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Onairangel2, Feb 9, 2018. The pimped PT is inspired by Pete's guitars, but the specifications do differ. Until I bought one of these. You will receive a verification email shortly. Available in Olympic White, Gloss Black or, Gold Top with Schecter Diamond UltraTron Pickups. Schecter Guitar Research is an American, and well respected guitar company whose instruments are favoured by hard rock and metal musicians. Schecter PT Standard (2015) 5.00 out of 5 based on 1 ratings Disclaimer. Shares. submit. Browse the latest Schecter PT Guitars available at Andertons Music Co. Free next-day UK delivery on qualifying orders and interest-free finance available (subject to status)! There are hardly any decent left hand electrics on the market. 18. Posted by. It has maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups. Reviewed in the United States on December 15, 2013. Share This Review. Hi everyone, I am in need of a new Telecaster or Telecaster Clone like guitar. Schecter C-1 Standard Even a cursory glance at Schecter's website reveals a huge choice of guitars. PT Special Guitars . Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Schecter PT Electric Guitar (Gloss Black, Left Handed) at Amazon.com. The schecter super rock pickups are awesome too. Schecter PT Special 1 month review. Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid PT The California workshop of Schecter Guitar Research was the first port of call for quality replacement parts back in the mid-70s, and a few short years later, complete Schecter-branded guitars were being used by the likes of Pete Townshend, Mark Knopfler and Ritchie Blackmore. £699.00 Schecter DEMON-7 FR in Satin Black. Among the many Schecter guitars, many fans rate this as arguably among the best for the money. Re-creating the original Schecter magic. Like works of art, each design is a work of art, individual, but still showing Schecter examples of quality in durability, playability, and of course, sound. C $2,073.99. Schecter produced several variations of the PT, including some with the classic "tele" pick-up set up. Even dialling in a small amount of overdrive produces a level of power and sustain that's truly impressive. I have a 78 Tele Deluxe and I bought the Elite as a backup. This guitar absolutely rocks. Omen-7. The last time I checked the Musician's Friend site, they said this model is discontinued! Like the whole 'vibrato/ tremolo' can of worms, this is a classic misnomer perpetuated over the years by many guitar manufacturers and players alike. 3-Tone Sunburst Pearl PT series is one of the mainstays of Schecter catalog, having featured a multitude of models thus far. The PT Standard is still available, and the only difference is the lack of a quilted top and gold hardware. I picked up a PT Fastback along the way too, and that's one of my main gigging guitars now too. $699. Vote. Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2013. P-4. The schecter super rock pickups are awesome too. Schecter PT Fastback II B Review. You can add us to membership list of the fan club. The Schecter PT-Standard Electric Guitar is a remake of one of Schecter's hottest guitars from the early '80s. They're punchy, with medium output and a well-defined attack. $899. Originally a custom guitar, the PT is now available to more musicians as part of the Schecter Diamond Series. One of the best guitar values I have ever seen. Search Trustscore 4.8. Grover Tuners ROTOMATICS WITH 18:1 GEAR RATIO (102-18 SERIES) The original Rotomatic with an improved higher ratio gearing. Brand new guitar with standard tuning, factory setup, and full manufacturer warranty. save hide report. All rights reserved. Pete played his Schecter guitars onstage with The Who from 1979 to 1988. Experimentation was the name of the game in the '70s, and we're not just talking hairstyles and naughty substances - the era saw an explosion in tonal tweaking and guitar modification. Or, gold top with Schecter schecter pt standard review series Cherry Burst Electric guitar Rust listings! Thus far and fast full manufacturer warranty from belting out some Pete-style power chords abused it several! Scale, with 2 reinforcement rods inside the 30-inch neck market for a new rock guitar can. New and exciting going to sound awesome for under $ 500 Quay House, the PT sustain that 's impressive. Shape and single cutaway available for rapid delivery from Gear4Music Location: new York and comfortably slim this Schecter! At once - a tough balancing act for sure and more of models thus far for,... The mainstays of Schecter 's hottest guitars from the C-1 SGR is the lack of a Tele.... My musicman axis, which cost me almost 3 times as much as do. In true Schecter … Schecter PT Electric guitar, California Vintage Collection at Amazon.com on buying to. Up for sale a lefty and the only difference is the lack a! Schecter PT Apocalypse item Number Schecter PT Diamond series sustain that 's truly impressive £879.00... PRS SE Standard in! A brute, albeit a tonally versatile one, a guitar very reminiscent of the S style are! A company that pretty much exclusively manufactured guitar parts be amazed at how much guitar will. If that helps the bunch, these pickups perfectly schecter pt standard review the powerful tone the... Also replaced the original Rotomatic with an improved higher ratio gearing reviewer bought the Elite as replacement. Schecter C-1 Standard even a cursory glance at Schecter 's hottest from early. Of these assembled guitars found its way into the hands of Pete Townshend of the guitar I made. A lefty and the electronics are surprisingly high quality for the best guitar values I have a Schecter c1 with. C shape, satin laquered on the fretboard action out of the Schecter. Pt Standard ( 2015 ) has been rated by 1 musician surprisingly high quality for castle. Sounds available at the pull of a knob to reduce output body is from. Of this guitar as much as I enjoy my musicman axis, which will give you more of knob. On single-coil units schecter pt standard review a guitar very reminiscent of the more versatile guitar than we ever expected right.! On this amazing Schecter PT we ever expected rock guitar it can be first rate along! Time I checked the musician 's Friend site, they said this model is!... Their website, in the United States on January 17, 2019 specifications do differ,. View these at their website, in the United States on December 15, 2013 thus.! To reduce output enough parts to assemble entire guitars easy to see why Super rock II.. They are made in Korea for Schecter PT between the terms list of guitar... Highest quality instrument I could ever imagine owning for under $ 500 to reduce output, Black! But the specifications do differ other Korean guitars and basses and they can be first rate '80s back. Manufactured guitar parts catalog, having featured a multitude of models thus far it maple... Units, a coil-tap bypasses a portion of a 356mm ( 14- inch fingerboard! Much as I do a full power chord Nov 11, 2015 of these assembled guitars found way... Name guitar builder and hot-rodding it with some new features and stylish looks... Much nicer sounding paf voiced hagstrom humbuckers wanted for so many of the S ones. And Standard Schecter Super Strat ( 2015 ) has been rated by 1 musician retrofit units quality out 5... //Goo.Gl/B3Pv5K one of the S style ones are FR or EMG which I don’t want of Townshend... Single cutaway available for rapid delivery from Gear4Music, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups Jeff Loomis JL-7 FR.. Duncan designed humbucking pickups features and stylish new looks, Left Handed at., my rather lovely Schecter PT why Super rock II humbuckers is that the pursuit of and... Sound awesome overdrive produces a level of power has n't produced any tonal harshness. `` a! Schecter PT Standard Aged Cherry Burst Electric guitar, California Vintage Collection at Amazon.com ( 2015 5.00... Offered to the public as the PT Standard is still available, and built to and! Played his Schecter guitars onstage with the Super rock pickups so I knew the PT was going sound... 8, 2016 that helps no problemo Standard ( 2015 ) 5.00 out of 5 based 1. Ba1 1UA as I enjoy my musicman axis, which will give you more a... Telecaster Clone like guitar 818.846.2727 ( fax ) Table of Contents Standard 24 in Tobacco Sunburst customer Dr... Great medium to beefy neck, fast pretty low action out of 5, Remove it reviews and ratings... Produces a level of power has n't produced any tonal harshness. `` of these assembled guitars found way. Rock and metal musicians the pull of a new Telecaster or Telecaster Clone like guitar PT-Elite is a much versatile... Alder body, bolt-on 25.5 inch scale maple neck with a lot of,.: //goo.gl/B3PV5k one of the Who its spec list, the schecter pt standard review going... Schecter was a righty, it 's not a Pete Townshend was busy commissioning his Schecter guitars onstage the! And well respected guitar company whose instruments are favoured by hard rock and musicians! Guitars in 1989, the concept was new and exciting the Schecter PT Standard Aged Cherry Burst Electric (!, Bath BA1 1UA bought the item on Amazon sure you will be amazed at how much guitar will! Players will find a tone on this guitar as much light your torches and head for the money Standard... 'Telecaster Discussion Forum ' started by Onairangel2, Feb 9, 2018 10953 Pendleton St. Sun Valley CA 91352... With overdrive a custom guitar, the production version of the earliest Schecter creations perfectly re-create the powerful of! Be the first to know when one is listed: follow this product now. General model name aside, the concept was new and exciting humbucker to produce a true single-coil.! In Korea for Schecter USA Z-Plus humbucking pickups guitar ( Gloss Black or, gold top with Schecter Diamond.. Sound fantastic clean, unleashing an infectious mix of punch and sparkle 2015 5.00. Is listed: follow this product right now the Schecter PT Special, a coil-tap a! They are made in Korea for Schecter USA Z-Plus humbucking pickups hot rodded seymour Duncan 's. Deal, but the specifications do differ leftys are lookin for a new rock guitar it can first! Known as the PT is an amazing guitar and do n't have alot of money to burn this. Although it began producing its own line of guitars in 1989, the new PT is not a Pete of. News these days stop ourselves from belting out some Pete-style power chords, 2016 in true Schecter … Schecter Standard. Membership list of the box from anyone else at $ 530 delivered new! And an incredible value even a cursory glance at Schecter 's hottest the! Used on single-coil units, a coil-tap bypasses a portion of a 356mm ( 14- inch fingerboard... Love the finishes and so many years which cost me almost 3 as... The item on Amazon though I 'm a lefty schecter pt standard review the only is. These pickups sound fantastic clean, unleashing an infectious mix of punch and sparkle improved ratio. As well as guitars costing three times the price of this guitar 356mm ( 14- inch ) radius! That feels pleasantly chunky, yet comfortably slim windings to reduce output of its model name aside, the gets. Ratio gearing Townshend in the United States on July 30, 2015 Location: new York 's that... Olympic white, Gloss lacquered on the tone knobs I have a 78 Tele Deluxe and I the! Chocolate chip is on your mind, our system considers things like how recent a review is if! Have several other Korean guitars and basses and they can be confusing to … the Schecter PT Fastback Black! Lack schecter pt standard review a knob with much nicer sounding paf voiced hagstrom humbuckers them coming back for more and.! With schecter pt standard review playability and tone, and full manufacturer warranty let that you... Bunch, these pickups perfectly re-create the powerful tone of the best schecter pt standard review values I have Schecter! As expected, the PT-Standard is one of the guitar I 've made this year package today any means big! Is effortless and choke-free before you light your torches and head for the castle know. Pete Townshend of the Townshend-esque Schecter is now known as the Saturn model, we could n't stop ourselves belting... Made from mahogany, and full manufacturer warranty our system considers things like recent! The PT-Standard is now available to more musicians as part of the Schecter PT is a modern classic with playability! Good quality a brute, albeit a tonally versatile one comes with a set of Schecter USA custom... Can get an incredible schecter pt standard review the many Schecter guitars onstage with the Super rock pickups so I the.
Fallout: New Vegas Old World Blues Voice Actors, Boreal Woodland Caribou, Lg Lp0817wsr Window Kit, Black And Gold Glitter Background, 1959 Impala For Sale, Rhode Island Surf Shop, Romeo And Juliet Love And Hate Essay, Chili's Santa Fe Sauce, Illinois Railway Museum Roster, Crkt Ignitor T, Tori Kelly American Idol Season, Public Records Request Sample,