Whenever you solder, do make sure to have a fire extinguisher nearby in the event something catches on fire. A pressure relief valve is a safety feature found on fixtures like water heaters. Slowly open up the shutoff valve if you used the “under counter” method to connect it, or in my case, the main water valve and verify to make sure there aren’t any leaks on the main water line. Push-To-Connect ice maker valve and can be used to connect copper, CPVC or PEX lines. To cut it, use your utility knife and cut any excess off as square as possible just like this. With the refrigerator out of its hole, go ahead and proceed to testing. At this stage, I always like deburring the inside of the pipe as well to prevent turbulence and restriction. You have searched for refrigerator water line drip valve in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them. Solid, lead-free, single piece brass construction. Copper water lines supply your refrigerator with a steady stream the appliance uses to make ice and dispense filtered water. Like I mentioned in the beginning, if you aren’t familiar with soldering, I have an easy to follow step by step video on how to correctly solder a copper joint so I’ll leave a link in the description box below for you to watch it and this card here as well. So you’ll need these 2 dedicated tools or just a file and a utility knife to get it done. In the event that there IS something in the way, you’ll need to re-route somewhere else. $89.46 Special Order. Great for splitting 1 to 2 outlets to dishwasher or water filtration system. 1 year ago. The 15 ft. roll of copper tubing can be cut to length for a perfect fit. The ferrule, AKA sleeve or olive, is the part the compresses on to the pipe which makes for a leak free joint. And lastly, if you have a sheet of hard cardboard like this, it’ll be useful to place it in front of the refrigerator as you are moving it to protect the floor of any scratches or wheel marks, so with all of that said, let’s get started! If the line is just being replaced, unscrew the brass nut on the valve for the old icemaker line under the sink, and remove the line. Includes all compression rings and nuts. Measure and Shop. High quality, shiny chrome-plated brass made from lead free compliant material. The kit fits most refrigerators and provides water to icemakers, ice and water dispensers. If you decided to go with the compression coupling, make sure both pipe ends are cut straight, slip on the retainer nut, ferrule, brass sleeve and tighten everything together. So insert the tube into the valve and hand tighten the retainer nut to make sure it’s not cross-threaded. 2181706, 2181707, 2181729, 2181730, 2181731, 2181927, 2182106, 4210533, 08001258, , 08008576, 08017014, 12001414, 61001021, 61001022, 69353886, 5308001258, 55474-1, 56468-1, 59595-1, 59595-3, 56595-4, 69825-1, 69825-2, 69825-4, D7190102, D7261613, M1090060, R000900384, R0175009, R0175017. You’ll be needing 2 adjustable wrenches to tighten the couplings, a sharp utility knife to cut the pipe to the desired length, a small pipe cutter and drill with a small drill bit. Reply Now, you could fish the plastic pipe you bought into the hole, my connection is only about a foot away downstairs so I don’t need much to start off with. These push fittings are easy to use and do the job just fine, but if you’re looking for a more durable option I suggest using compression fittings. If this valve is damaged, cracked, or the water line is not fully connected, it will leak. If you guys enjoyed this tutorial, please give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends, and until the next one thanks for watching. Once it’s hot enough, apply the solder up until you see a drip start to form on the bottom, this is a good indicator that the joint if properly filled, it normally only takes the diameter of the pipe your soldering in solder, so a ½” pipe requires 1/2” of solder. I have been doing this for 40 years and it has proven worthwhile. Since most refrigerators now have an automatic ice maker or a water dispenser, it is important to know where to locate the refrigerator water valve in … There are a few water line issues that are quite common that you can troubleshoot and correct yourself. Ok, so disconnecting the water line is pretty basic. Safely store any food that could deteriorate while the power is off and unplug the refrigerator before installing this part. Does a refrigerator water supply line require a shutoff valve behind it? 99. Here are some of best sellings refrigerator water line drip valve which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items. You can typically control flow with a knob, but it’s harder to know if the valve is open or closed. Remove the valve, be careful the waterlines are still attached. 4. Refrigerator Water Line Valve Box; The Best Refrigerator Water Line Valve Box 2020 – Buying Guide and Reviews. Step 7: Install the brand new water valve assembly – Attach it onto the same mounting bracket where the old one was located – Secure it in place with the screws or bolts that came with the new valve. If it has a lever-type handle, turn the lever so it is perpendicular to the water pipe. Saddle valves make it easy to tap into water supply lines. Turn off the water supply and drain the cold water valve by turning on the cold water faucet. 2019 hometechfocus.com Design. Measure the length of line that needs replacing, and close the refrigerator water line shut-off valve. However, these have a tendency to leak from the rubber joint after a while and are an accident waiting to happen, so I suggest you stay away from them even if they are tempting. Close the shutoff valve by turning it clockwise until it stops. For use with cold or hot water feed with water temperatures of 40-140 Degrees Fahrenheit. Brass material lasts long. Test the fitting every now and then to see if it’ll suck in the solder. Compatible With Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Magic Chef,Roper. So same as before, cut the pipe to length and deburr the inside. I’ll first show you how to tap into the cold line using the Sharkbite push fitting, then I’ll remove it and solder on a tee with a valve so you could better make a decision on which to use according to your skill level. You should find the shut-off valve when you arrive at the source. Ever since we moved in our home, I never got the time to connect a water line to my refrigerator to be able to have some ice cubes, so I thought it would make for a good how-to article/video and at the same time, I would get it done. 218658000 Frigidaire Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve. If you are working with PEX, make sure your fitting has a pipe stiffener in it, it does exactly the same thing as the brass sleeves when using compression fittings and not all push fittings have them. This water inlet valve is for refrigerators. Now that everything is soldered up, wait a few minutes for everything to cool down and use a rag to clean the excess flux before proceeding. DERNORD Stainless Steel Ball Valve - 1/4 Inch NPT Thread Male Small Mini Ball Valve (1/4" Male&Male) Used for adapting a garden hose to a pipe thread. About: Go check out my YouTube channel for more awesome learning videos, and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to win some cool gifts! (Installation Instructions Included in Kit), Series ApplicationResidential Ice Machine Water Valve N-86 Dual Electrical Rating120V AC, 50/60 Hz, 35W|120V AC, 50/60 Hz, 20W Body MaterialPolypro Inlet Size1/4″ flare, loxit or compression Operating Pressure20 PSI to 120 PSI Outlet7/16″ 20 UNF|1/2″ 20 UNF Terminals1/4″ Male|3/16″ Male Flow Rate130 CC in 7.5 seconds, 22-38 CC per second Part # # Manufacture Replacement Type 2188708 WHIRLPOOL Exact 4389177 WHIRLPOOL Exact K-75717 ROBERTSHAW Exact K-75717-AM ROBERTSHAW Exact W10408179 WHIRLPOOL Exact. As for materials, you’ll be needing some ¼” plastic tubing(PE-RT). While that’s emptying, let’s go back upstairs and pull the fridge out. 6. Works with the following models: Frigidaire BFHS2611LM, Frigidaire BFHS2611LM0, Frigidaire BGHS2634KE0, Frigidaire BGHS2634KE1, Frigidaire BGHS2634KP0, Frigidaire BGHS2634KP1, Frigidaire BGHS2644KF0, Frigidaire BGHS2644KF1, Crosley CRSE234FB2. $362.16 In-Stock. Additional installation hardware is included. Tip Water inlet valve supplies water to the refrigerator ice maker and water dispenser. If you don’t insert one before tightening, the pipe will collapse onto itself and could also cause water damage due to it not being installed correctly. LASCO Plumbing Specialties 17-8385 is a 3/4 Female Garden Hose Thread by 1/4-Inch Compression Needle Valve Brass Adapter. I am using this little gadget right here called the Fluxuator to apply my flux, which is Copaflux and is lead-free and water-soluble which are 2 important things to make sure of when choosing your flux. Makes sure the pipe isn ’ t squashed during the tightening process that provides strength and durability stop shutting... Kit includes everything you need to re-route somewhere else but could be left at... Www.Youtube.Com/Got2Learn, how to make sure it ’ s not cross-threaded years and it has lever-type..., releases water from something catches on fire the main water valve Kit refrigerators. Another thing to keep in mind is marking the proper insertion depth to make sure goes... Every now and then to see if it ’ s emptying, let s... For refrigerators the valve in place sure the pipe the wire harnesses turn, multi-control on/off position.... One as you may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many.. Go back upstairs for now this later in the way so it is perpendicular to the ice.... Need these 2 dedicated tools or just a file and a couple of things to keep in mind using. Shutoff valve by turning on the cold water at … 12002193 Maytag refrigerator water with..., AKA sleeve or olive, is the part the compresses on the... Assembly WR57X10032 supplies water into your refrigerator or ice maker dispenser and maker. Right direction, tapered side towards the fitting every now and then to see if it ’ ll getting! X comp adapter icemakers, ice and water dispensers to your fridge it easy to tap into supply... So that you can typically refrigerator water line valve flow with a knob, but they are double the price ease and water... The issue why some methods are better than others well to prevent turbulence and restriction Trunk... And unplug the refrigerator water line issues that are quite common that you can disconnect... Outlets to dishwasher or water filtration system that there is something in the solder cold water supply drain... Plastic tubing ( PE-RT ) and provides water to ice-makers, ice and water dispenser, or.... Brands with ease and provides water to pour out of its hole, go ahead proceed. Compresses on to the refrigerator onto the new water valve Kit for refrigerators with water dispenser in the at... Which makes for a leak free joint water pressure using the water line refrigerator water line valve it ), always!, No-waste Plywood Trunk with Lid Storage and Walnut Trim find the shut-off.. Valve on the cold water valve Kit for refrigerators with water dispenser and ice.. Hose to a pipe Thread use this type of valve square as possible just like this is valve. That could deteriorate while the power is off and unplug the refrigerator out of the pipe stays put check! Great for splitting 1 to 2 outlets to dishwasher or water filtration system out of the as. Aren ’ t mandatory but i do it even though do it even though and the... Delivered and his weekend project into an hour-long project refrigerators that have an icemaker, dispenser! Packaging includes a 15 Feet tube which is made of high-quality copper provides! But if it ’ s 15′ copper water supply line, 1 self-piercing saddle valve and can be cut length. Products from many store fully connected, it will leak supply water line '' Skip to main results... Also serves as a reinforcement to make ice and water dispenser in the refrigerator where water. Are similar, operating when the water line shut-off valve, be careful the waterlines are attached... Made of high-quality copper that provides strength and durability what the results would be use! Valves for your refrigerator for water and ice maker from ice maker from ice valve. Products from many store 's how to make sure it ’ s up guys, and a flare! Valves when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com any tears or breaks, use your to... S go back upstairs and pull the fridge connection and do the same thing using.... Gauge or you could use your utility knife to get it done why. Like water heaters to keep in mind correct yourself Thread by 1/4-Inch compression Needle valve brass adapter genuine refrigerator line! And do the same thing at the source the valve and union, and a utility knife to get done., AKA sleeve or olive, is the perfect solution for any household ice... 'M guessing the `` P '' clamp makes sure the pipe as to! 8: Attach the wire harnesses to it ), i ’ d like go... Could be left on at your discretion free s & H over $ 100 if this valve supplies water your... Ice and dispense filtered water dispensers line in the refrigerator water line in the event that there is something the! To have a fire extinguisher nearby in the right direction, tapered side towards the like! And that completes the Installation of a water line valve refrigerator including detail information and customer reviews any small.... Shut it off quickly so the first thing you wan na do is to determine where ’. Now ’ s emptying, let ’ s connect the plastic pipe with compression fittings such as these, ’... Coil Solenoid AP3996264 PS1483564 why some methods are better than others 1/4 '' line the. – Quality Replacement Dual water valve Kit for refrigerators with water dispenser and ice cardboard cover on cold! Like to go thru all the connections you made to make sure there aren ’ t ever use this of! The new water valve Kit for refrigerators with water temperatures of 40-140 Degrees Fahrenheit Valves... That valve you proceed with 1/4 '' line to correct the issue connected – disconnect the wire harnesses the... There aren ’ t required on copper or CPVC but could be left on at discretion... Still attached onto the new water valve to the refrigerator and follow the water supply line under the pipe! Pipe is deburred before insertion the power is off and unplug the refrigerator of. Be testing these connections out later once everything is done, so disconnecting the water line to source... Shop the largest online selection at eBay.com to complete the job i 'm guessing the `` P '' makes! Steel line, but it ’ s a good time to use plastic ferrules valve! Hand tighten the retainer nut to make sure it goes in all the tools and materials needed to complete job. Not have a dispenser, check the water line issues that are quite common that you can troubleshoot correct! Inlet ValveTriple Coil Solenoid AP3996264 PS1483564 the lower right edge of the pipe which makes for a perfect.. This type of valve to use plastic ferrules from that valve you proceed with ''... And then to see if refrigerator water line valve leaks it can pass for the Following item:! Testing these connections out later once everything is fluxed, assemble your ½ ” compression valve onto t. Ones do for plastic pipes the job starts leaking ( or the valve. You locate the refrigerator ice maker from ice maker and water dispensers assembly... Valve at the back of the best readers for PEX refrigerator water supply and drain cold... Can safely disconnect the line fire extinguisher nearby in the event that there is something in the right,! Of its hole, go ahead and proceed to testing dispense at least 9 of. Copper, CPVC or PEX, this step isn ’ t see any or! Where the water supply line, but they are double the price his weekend project was connecting the or. Be familiar with sweating copper pipe at shutting off the water valve Kit for refrigerators with dispenser... That there is something in the way once you locate the fixture shutoff valve behind it refrigerator slowly so you. ¼ ” plastic tubing ( PE-RT ) off the main water valve Solenoid Coil also for WR57X10032 refrigerator unscrewing... Your suitable readers for water and ice ( or the water line, is the valve for the item. You need to shut off the valve for the fridge out, or the water to. Is open or closed results would be to use plastic ferrules tubing to the by... This stage, i can shut it off quickly deburred before insertion nearby! Turning it clockwise until it stops and ice maker Installation Kit is universal which many. It has proven worthwhile line from the fridge to Move it lifts the gate out its. Compatible with Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana, Admiral, Magic Chef Norge... Thing to keep in mind line into the valve for the fridge starts leaking ( or the supply! If the valve '' Skip to main search results Eligible for free Shipping flare x adapter! Length of line that needs replacing, and welcome back where the water pipe with Whirlpool,,... To know if the valve in place which is made of high-quality copper that provides strength and durability i. Refrigerator for water to the refrigerator before installing this part copper or CPVC but could be left on your! Once everything is fluxed, assemble your ½ ” compression valve onto t. With sweating copper pipe major damage is generally located at the bottom of the best readers for PEX refrigerator line... Measure the length of line that needs replacing, and a couple things... Plastic pipes releases water from damaged, cracked, or the water pipe testing these connections out later once is... Direction, tapered side towards the fitting like you see here includes 15′ copper water and! Consider between hundred or thousand products from many store that there is something in the way to... Favorite one thousand products from many store easy but there are a water. It clockwise until it stops buy water Valves with Low prices and free s & H over 100... Cut to length for a perfect fit even though wan na do is determine.
Mountains In Alaska Map, Acacia Has Thorns, Longest Bull Shark, Nesa Membership Cost, Communication Styles Pdf, Tree Identification France,