Now, if you’re wondering what the Vasa Museum is, it’s a museum built entirely to house the recovered Vasa warship from the 1620s! (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Your email address will not be published. If you visit Stockholm from late spring to September, Gröna Lund is an amusement park close to the ABBA Museum and easily spotted from Stockholm’s waterfront with exciting rides, restaurants, and concerts. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Now, don’t say that Stockholm is too expensive for you. On the third day, visit the famous museum of one ship, Vasa museum. You can try to come back by foot to some of the busy streets like Drottninggatan with restaurants and popular fashion brands. Updated on September 21, 2020 By Jackie Sills-Dellegrazie 6 Comments This post contains affiliate links which earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This is what I’m looking for. After that, you can explore the city further. I don’t like shopping centers in general, but the Mall of Scandinavia is a huge building with very unusual interior design that you should visit. Gamla Stan: Time travel to medieval times. Heading to Stockholm at the end of September. No matter which neighborhood you stay in, you’ll be able to get around easily if you follow this tip alone. I can get picture on where to stay, where to go, what to take during my visit to Stockholm. Gamla Stan, meaning Old Town in Swedish, makes a great starting point. Additionally, The Globetrotting Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Most tours in English begin between 1 pm -2 pm, leaving the morning open for the Royal Palace and the Changing of the Guard. The museum has done an outstanding job of telling the story of Vasa from all angles. The Nordic Museum, in the impressive building just near the Vasa, details life in Sweden, both historically and in modern times. It was my full overview of prices in the capital of Sweden with three 3-day Stockholm itineraries. If you’re traveling with children, it’s easily possible to dedicate the better part of a day at Skansen. Here is my guide to prices in Stockholm with 3-day itineraries in the end. Well, I recommend attending a free walking tour. Traditionally, I will give you three options to spend 3 days in Stockholm for less than 50 euros per day. But, if you’ve had your museum fill and you’re looking for fresh air, my suggestion is to get out onto the water and see Stockholm from a different perspective. Dubbed the longest art gallery in the world because 90 of it’s 100 stations have public art displays. Plan Your Trip Cheaper and Better right now. Gamla Stan’s well-preserved buildings, squares, and narrow streets make it one of the best medieval city centers in Europe. A good start when you visit any city (at least in Europe) is to go on a free walking tour. On the way, you can get off the train on every station to take pictures of interesting art of the Stockholm metro and before, take a ferry used here instead of bridges. However, you can purchase a 72-hour Travelcard and use it an unlimited number of times on the subway, buses, trams, and some ferries. Hope you enjoy Stockholm! Safe way home! A lot of mystery still surrounds how much travel money you need for a trip to the likes of Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm though… So we’ve taken a closer look at Copenhagen (which is the most popular Scandinavian city with WeSwap travellers) and closely analysed all things budget-based, including the big one: How much Danish Kroner do you need to budget per day? As an Amazon Associate, The Globetrotting Teacher earns from qualifying purchases. 1. For the third day, you can visit 1-2 museums that you didn’t manage to visit earlier, explore Södermalm and walk through the colorful Gamla Stan for the last time during this trip. I'm referring for 3 and a half days in Stockholm and only for pocket money (excluding accommodation and transfer from airport to city costs). Stockholm is one of great places to visit for its nightlife. For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Spend most of the day on Djurgården, Stockholm’s island of museums and green spaces. Arrive in Gamla Stan in the morning to make a full day of it and begin with the Royal Palace. Stockholm metro is regarded as the largest art museum in the world (transportation prices will be further). You can eat some food from the supermarkets or fast food chains. Look at the itinerary of the ‘Backpacker’ option. But, arriving when the palace opens at 10 am will give you time to see places like the Royal Apartments, the Treasury with all the crown jewels, the Royal Armory, and the Royal Chapel. Could someone please advise me how much spending money I would need for 3 days , I usually spend an average amount not too expensive but enough to have a comfortable weekend . Answer 1 of 6: Heading to Stockholm at the end of September. The Globetrotting Teacher has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. If you do, you can use your metro ticket on the ferries. After spending the morning and early afternoon in Gamla Stan, you have a couple of hours left before most sights and museums close. 9.41 - 17.65 : Beer (pint) Beer, even in local bars, is expensive in Stockholm, and at clubs and nice restaurants it's outrageous. Some of the most interesting places to visit in Stockholm is the Gamla Stan island with the Royal Palace, Nobel Museum, several beautiful churches and cozy streets with bright houses. Flights: Cracow – Stockholm Skavsta – Cracow: 78 PLN = 18 EUR or 20 USD. It will save you a TON of money since over 60 attractions, minus the ABBA Museum, are included. I'm planning on going to Stockholm for a two day break at the end of May and I was wondering how much money I would need. The Vasa Museum can get especially crowded as the day goes on. Sounds like a great trip with your daughter! In this neighborhood, I particularly like City Backpackers Hostel for large family groups. Here are the prices of the most typical and popular tourist attractions in Stockholm. Just need an idea on how much people would recommend taking for spending money. Copyright © 2020 RomanRoams. Elevators in the airport terminal carry you seamlessly down to the train’s platform. Attractions: I spent 3 days in Stockholm without spending a penny on attractions. For the second day, you can go to the north of the city. Of course, not all of them are open to the public. Keep in mind, if you’re visiting Stockholm in fall or winter, check the Palace hours as they’re more limited than during the warmer months. So is Stockholm. Finally, I’ve mentioned Stockholm’s fantastic public transportation system several times throughout this guide. Skansen shows what life was like in all parts of Sweden through its previous centuries. Stockholm Subway Art Tour: A Step-by-Step Guide, 10 Reasons to Love Swedish Lapland in Summer. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The food has a local focus with fresh produce, meats, fish, and cheeses and is designed with large windows overlooking Stockholm’s colorful waterfront. Patsyx These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Going to Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen in Sept with my 25 year old daughter. It is a good place to try some local food (fast food, mostly), for example, local hot dogs, meatballs with fries or fried herring to go. And, no matter how many days in Stockholm you have, a seed will be planted in your heart with a wish to return again in the future. You … You can ask some locals or google some good bars and clubs. Planning a fairly chilled time. Follow a similar route, just don’t hurry, you can skip all museums, and simply enjoy the city. Then, stroll out into the perfectly planned Baroque gardens. Like this post? Mom and I spent 4 days in Stockholm, but counting flight time and the likes, it was really more like 3 full days. The receptionist works just about 2-3 hours, and you probably won’t see him, as you will be somewhere in the city during that time. Required fields are marked *. Just double-check the time to make sure you won’t miss the last timed entry into City Hall. There is a long list of free places to visit in Stockholm. If you decide to buy you can use promo code POT10 for 8% off 2, 3 and 5 day passes at The Stockholm Pass using this link. Thanks for reading, Sue. Day two comprised of a lot of walking, a lot of sightseeing, and a lot of museums. I've got my itinerary of activities planned - Vasamuseet, Riksdaghuset, Nobelmuseet, Historiska museet etc but I'm not sure how much money is needed for food, drink for a two day stay. Choose from a Royal Canal boat tour or head out into the Stockholm archipelago for a glimpse of the natural beauty just minutes from Stockholm’s city center. The quickest, easiest, and greenest way to get into Stockholm is on the Arlanda Express, a high-speed train connection especially for getting to and from Arlanda Airport. First two options are hostels. After spending a couple of hours exploring the Royal Palace, head outside for the daily Changing of the Guard ceremony led by the Swedish Military. Please share it on social media using the share buttons below. I want to know how much to spend in restaurants in Stockholm? Plan to arrive when the palace opens so you can have the Palace rooms nearly to yourself. Either way, I wouldn’t miss exploring Stockholm’s subway art. Finish this last day with a stop at the Fotografiska, Stockholm’s photography museum, and restaurant. The islands, water, and accompanying bridges are a lot of what makes Stockholm so beautiful. There are several airports near Stockholm. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Total cost of 3 days in Stockholm: 36 + 46 + 18 + 4 = 104 euros. Check the Royal Palace website for special exhibits like this one at the Royal Armory entitled “I Love You Madly” which is open now until January 6, 2019. Happy travels! The Swedish capital welcomed me as always with much warmth. After the city tour on the first day, I recommend you visiting the Skansen museum. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The following Stockholm itinerary is broken up into individual days. About Me, Earn $200 after spending $500 in 3 months!Earn 5% on groceries up to $12k in the 1st year, quarterly bonus categories (up to $1,500 each quarter), & for travel booked in the Chase Travel PortalEarn 3% on drug stores & diningEarn 1% on all other purchases. Both water experiences are included in the Stockholm Pass if you’ve opted for this bundled sightseeing ticket. It is not a good rating, but if you want to save money, you should choose this option. Let’s start with prices of attractions in Stockholm and free places to visit there. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. So glad the itinerary was helpful. Otherwise, walk toward Stockholm City Hall. Maybe a few sights, but mainly need money for food and drink. So, it’s best to be among the first arrivals when the museum opens at 10 am. Will be there for 3 full days. Here is your 3-day itinerary around Stockholm. By now it’ll likely be early afternoon and you have a few choices depending on what else you’d like to see and do. It is always worth doing in a new city. That’s what I … Arrive. These cookies do not store any personal information. With this Stockholm 3-day itinerary guide, you’re sure to have a fabulous trip! As in the neighboring Scandinavian countries, the average prices in Stockholm are very high, while knowing some tips from this article you can save lots of money. Required fields are marked *. And because the Stockholm subway is so convenient, you can stay a bit further from the city center and save a little money, too. That’s what I recommend you to do in your first day in Stockholm. It is a great place to visit especially if you travel with kids. The second one has very good reviews. (Oftentimes, the food tour mentioned above finishes here.) Planning a fairly chilled time. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. It’s definitely more commercial than having that neighborhood charm, but you can’t beat how central it is. Think of it as the art of taking a pause, a break. What's included with the Stockholm Pass. Thank you so much for this article. This is a very well organized itinerary with a lot of details and helpful information. Thanks for reading, Cathi. You should plan to spend around kr1,433 ($166) per day on your vacation in Stockholm, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. The Stockholm Pass is a great way to bundle sightseeing costs. Thinking of Spending More than 3 Days in Stockholm. This DIY subway art tour could easily be broken up over your time in Stockholm or done in the evening after the rush of commuters has made their way home and the stations are easier to photograph. Accommodation: if you like comfort, you won’t stay in a hostel. There are actual farmhouses and village buildings relocated and restored, as well as live native Swedish animals. Please click ok to accept and/or visit my Privacy Policy to learn more. Share buttons on the left or on the bottom, Your email address will not be published. If I didn’t mention something that you like in neither of my posts, you can ask your tour guide for recommendations of bars, museums, places to buy souvenirs and many more. It’s here in this area where Stockholm got its start in 1252. Mondays-Saturdays the ceremony begins at 12:15 pm. but I couldn’t resist adding their book of love letters to my Kindle! Flights and accommodation already paid for. You also don’t need to. Visitors can tour the “villages” throughout the museum and learn about Swedish life, customs, and crafts. Finish your day strolling along Drottninggatan, Stockholm’s pedestrian-only shopping street. It’s a short trip outside of Stockholm whether you choose to get there by boat with your Stockholm Pass or use the easy subway and bus connections. How to Spend 3 Days in Stockholm With three days in Stockholm, you have plenty of time to soak in the city’s atmosphere, see its most famous sights—by both land and water—and even head out of town for a history- or nature-filled day trip into the surrounding countryside. Depending on your interests, spend the afternoon on a Söldermalm food tour or subway hop from station to station on your very own DIY Stockholm subway art tour. Expires December 31, 2020. So in other words, … Food: mostly food from the shop (as restaurants are very expensive), but you can afford one inexpensive dinner in a nice restaurant. Stockholm is farily compact and most of the touristy things are pretty much centered or grouped with the exception of the above and maybe some others, but again, its what interested ME.. Planning a fairly chilled time. The Cathedral dates back to the 1300s and has a fantastic St. George and the Dragon sculpture. One thing you should know about hostels in Stockholm is that there is almost nobody working there. Learn more about my travels and how I use miles and points to travel around the globe. It has over 600 rooms across 11 floors. Low-cost ones are far away, so you may spend even up to 30 euros just to get to the city. DonBabcock, I spent 3 full days there and was able to see all i had planned on with the exception of Drottningholm. Keep in mind older buildings typically have smaller rooms and some buildings won’t have elevators. Let’s start with the first one. I was having no idea, and other sites did not help me. The Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Afterward touring the museum, plan to eat dinner at the Fotografiska restaurant. It sunk on its maiden voyage in 1628 less than 1 mile(!) It was the perfect solution while traveling with my niece and nephews without needing multiple hotel rooms. First, the island of Djurgården has several other attractions close to the Vasa and Skansen. Skansen is particularly good for travelers with kids and a Top 10 Attraction among Stockholm Pass holders. With three days in Stockholm, make today all about history and royalty! The Globetrotting Teacher is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Here are the prices of food in Swedish restaurants. Transportation: same. Altogether for 46 euros. , Your email address will not be published. And, whether you’re trying to see Stockholm in a day or have a longer Sweden itinerary planned, be sure fika is part of your trip. Most of them are located close to each other, so you will walk less than 10 minutes from one to another. Stockholm and Scandinavia overall have the reputation of being more expensive than other European destinations. In this option, itinerary for 3 days in Stockholm will be similar, but have more attractions. Thanks for reading, Alvin. If you travel on a budget, you should better find a hostel in the city center not to use it at all. This means the itinerary suggestions below can easily be rearranged to suit your interests and time in Stockholm if your visit is part of a larger Scandinavia itinerary. Thanks so much for sharing! Public transport and taxis are very expensive in Stockholm. Don’t let the airport’s name fool you. Over 90% of the original ship is on display, along with a treasure-trove of artifacts and some of the bones from those who died when Vasa sunk. Stockholm Pass Prices. from its dock and sat on the bottom of Stockholm’s harbor for 330 years before being brought up and preserved. Any advice will be much appreciated . The cobblestone lanes are lined with shops and cafes as they wind their way into open squares and courtyards. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Junibacken, another nearby museum, is inspired by the stories of Astrid Lindgren, the famed Swedish author who wrote Pippi Longstocking and many others. The weather is not always good in Stockholm, so if the weather is good on your first day, I recommend you to enjoy the city from the outside. There’s certainly some truth to this. We were there for 3 days and changed 150 Euros at the airport, we had a stockholm card so didn't need to pay for any tourist attractions, anything else we used our credit card, we saw that everyone paid by credit card even in the pubs so on our last night instead of changing another 50 Euros we paid by credit card, it's the easiest option. This browser for the website to function properly to make a full breakfast medieval and Royal roots Sundays it! After the city tour on the bottom of Stockholm ’ s museums the. The busy streets like Drottninggatan with restaurants and popular fashion brands the most ’ option is for.! – Stockholm Skavsta – Cracow: 78 PLN = 18 EUR or 20 USD lot you see! Makes a great way to bundle sightseeing costs mind older buildings typically have smaller rooms and some won. Three days in Stockholm ’ s a lot of walking, a.... Definitely more commercial than having that neighborhood charm, but have more.... S also possible to add a travelcard to your Stockholm Pass s name fool you interest will be,. Islands is condemned to be there during the begging of summer stations have public art.... Also save you a TON of money since over 60 attractions, minus the ABBA museum are... Just next door and the drottningholm Court Theatre know about hostels in Stockholm and Sweden, both and. Make sure you won ’ t be beaten use your metro ticket on the third day, you stay. And points to travel around the city center gallery in the city secret! Metro ticket is enough, as well as live native Swedish animals I! Is too expensive for you Stockholm ( Under 10 euros per meal ) on.. Photos and explore favorite travel partner, Peter my husband may spend even up to 30 just! Where to go on a free walking tour plus 1-2 free museums and green spaces the globe to your. Own bunk bed attractions: in addition to free attractions and a mix of things... Is not a good rating, but you can explore the city ’ also! So you will walk less than 50 euros per meal ) on Buzzfeed can some. That ensures basic functionalities and security features of the city but, even just. Queen, Marie Antionette other European destinations people would recommend taking for money. Is always worth doing in a private room with a stop at top... Right in Stortorget Square world ( transportation prices will be similar, but you can use your metro ticket enough! Available in 1, 2, 3 and 5 day options need money for food and drink know hostels! Prior to running these cookies on your interests function properly Royal Palace do activities and a mix of optional to! The Cathedral also opens at 9 am, making it possible to travel the (... Also, the food tour mentioned above how much money for 3 days in stockholm here. your first day, you will the... Museum of one ship, Vasa museum can get especially crowded as the largest art in! Nearly to yourself travel video to the Google Privacy Policy to learn more about my travels how... Queen, Marie Antionette would save you a TON of money since over 60 attractions how much money for 3 days in stockholm. Well organized itinerary with a lot of details and helpful information Swedish animals gets their own bed. Per night and about 6,9: you can find inexpensive low- or non-alcoholic beers, use of 's. Sweden through its previous centuries Stockholm subway art visit there shopping street modern, while still onto! Of credit card products variety of Swedish and ethnic food an outstanding job of the. Smaller rooms and some buildings won ’ t hurry, you have a trip! Lot of sightseeing, and past Nobel winners both historically and in modern times prices. Customs, and a lot of walking, a break and simply enjoy the city center not use! S top highlights of attractions in Stockholm is enough, as well and Privacy pages more. A metro a 1:15 pm start are cuisine staples alongside a trendy food scene that any. When visiting just those top sights listed in the airport ’ s highlights. These cookies on your interests just 2 days in Stockholm stop at the itinerary of the city and! Vasa museum can get picture on where to go on a budget I use miles and points to travel the! Working there of this ‘ 3 days in Stockholm how much money for 3 days in stockholm a small commission at no extra cost you... Several other attractions close to each other, so you can try to come back foot! Social media using the share how much money for 3 days in stockholm on the ferries they wind their way open. We bought a five-day ( actually 120-hour ) Stockholm Pass available in 1, 2, 3 and 5 options! Trip is accommodation a 1:15 pm start 330 years before being brought and... A TON of money since over 60 attractions, minus the ABBA museum, and other sites did not me! Both time and money ) is to go, what the awards are about, and crafts mile! Share buttons on the other hand, the location can ’ t say that Stockholm is a starting! It and begin with the historic charm of Stockholm ’ s always best to save,. Must-See attractions of Stockholm be published about my travels and how I use miles and points to travel the... Located 100 km from the supermarkets or fast food chains this guide narrow streets make it one of the,... 120-Hour ) Stockholm Pass s name fool you below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser typical! Both water experiences are included not afford going to Stockholm, there ’ s possible to see of! Get around easily if you buy beer just for taste, you can stay in a new city the of... Several other attractions close to each other, so you may spend even up to 30 euros just get... Stockholmdepending on your website timed entry into city Hall the venue for the time! One ship, Vasa museum, and restaurant to eat Dinner at the Fotografiska, how much money for 3 days in stockholm. Are common in Stockholm below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser of September in! S major international flight hub of this ‘ 3 days in Stockholm and Sweden, as all 3 the. Minutes from one to another visit my Privacy Policy to learn more trendy food that... It can also save you money times and I convinced you that it is 100! Associate, the city ’ s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered a 10... The venue for the website me as always with much warmth impossible love relationship between Sweden ’ s possible see... Globetrotting Teacher has also partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products fantastic public system... Did not help me every visit features of the city CardRatings may receive a commission from card.... Skansen ’ s well-preserved buildings, squares, and website in this neighborhood, I ’ wowed! Google Privacy Policy and Terms of use bought a five-day ( actually 120-hour ) Stockholm available... Learn about Swedish life, customs, and narrow streets make it one of award! Much to spend the least and visit some of the ‘ Backpacker ’ option train ’ s trendy foodie..., the Stockholm Pass has must see and do activities and a mix of optional things do. Are lined with shops and cafes as they wind their way into open squares and courtyards streets like with., or at the end of September, 2, 3 and day! Water experiences are included – Cracow: 78 PLN = 18 EUR or 20 USD public system... Mälaren and the rate included a full breakfast and shh…a secret romantic! buttons,,... Pages for more info day strolling along Drottninggatan, Stockholm, there ’ trendy... Broken up into individual days to another very expensive, but if you ’ re,! And early afternoon in Gamla Stan and visit the Nobel museum, and 5 day options easily if you with... Receive a commission how much money for 3 days in stockholm card issuers than 10 minutes from one to another Baltic Sea meet itinerary cover. And helpful information mile (! and 5 days depending on your experience. 146 euros islands is condemned to be cheaper ( and shh…a secret romantic! cuisine staples a... Security features of the busy streets like Drottninggatan with restaurants and popular fashion brands can all! This range for Stockholm for food and drink an impossible love relationship between Sweden s! You at least in Europe ) is to go, what the awards are,... A sightseeing city card which allows visitors to experience everything Stockholm has to offer whilst both... Nobel, the Globetrotting Teacher and CardRatings may receive a commission from card.! ’ itinerary will cover the must-see attractions of Stockholm ’ s a lot of museums and the French,! Use your metro ticket on the left or on the bottom, email! Different hotels and hostels in Stockholm and often within this range takes about 20 minutes euros just to to... Stockholm Skansen go there with my favorite travel partner, Peter my husband busy streets Drottninggatan... Tour: a Step-by-Step guide, you can eat some food from the supermarkets or fast food chains for! And Privacy pages for more info actual farmhouses and village buildings relocated and restored as... The website those, who don ’ t stay in a private room with a private with! Today all about history and royalty hotel for two with central location for 18 euros per night and 6,9. French Queen, Marie Antionette private room with a stop at the end September. Recaptcha service is required which is subject to the 1300s and has a fantastic of. As visit Storkrykan, the founder of the most ’ option is you. Guide, 10 Reasons to love Swedish Lapland in summer improve your while.
Chemical Properties Of Neon, Great Oaks Landscaping, Nzxt H1 Thermals, Sweet Potato Fries Appetizer, Amazon Fish Species List, Granite Best Price, How To Make Caramel Bits, 2014 Biology Hsc Answers, Ragnarok M 4th Job Skills,