If you’ve tried these Sweet Potato Wedges I’d love to hear how you enjoyed them! Mix well to combine. The wedges are done when they are golden and crisp. Your email address will not be published. Copyright ©2020, Salty Side Dish. Place potato wedges into a large bowl. Often sweet potatoes are cooked at high temps and high temps also give us a crisp potato – so if you do a high temp (450) you will need to rotate your potatoes and check them a lot quicker – rotate around 7 minutes to the other side and you can check for doneness around the 12 minute mark. 14 ratings 4.5 out of 5 star rating. Required fields are marked *. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239180/greek-style-lemon-roasted-potatoes Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well. If you haven't cut sweet potatoes into wedges before I have a step by step guide in this post. Place the sweet potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and chickpeas on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place sweet potato wedges into a large mixing bowl, then add corn flour / starch, paprika and olive oil. Personally I find that 400 is a sweet spot for sugar carmalization and cooked potatoes the way we like them, around 12 minutes. 50 mins . Set aside. How to Choose The Best Ninja Foodi Steam Diverter, 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into wedges (you can peel if desired, I left skins on). Easy . Cook on 200C / 390F for 20-25 minutes, flipping the wedges over half way. If you like, you can rotate them half way around 7 minutes. Harissa sweet potato wedges. Fill the pot with enough COLD water to cover the potatoes … Sweet Potato Wedges with Cinnamon, Sugar and Honey, a delicious way to roast and oven bake up a perfect side dish that isn't too sweet or too salty. Roast the potatoes for 30 mintues then toss and roast them again for another 20-30 minutes, or until the pan is dry and the potatoes have started to brown. A trip to Greece, courtesy of your slow cooker. Your email address will not be published. You want to cook until the wedges are crisp on the outside. Copyright © 2019 Cook It Real Good. Your email address will not be published. How to make potato wedges in the oven: The secret to these crispy baked Greek potatoes is parboiling them before baking! Place the potatoes, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large baking dish and toss to coat. You can also do the first 5 minutes at 450 and lower to 400 the final minutes. Bake until partially tender, about 20 minutes. For a meal or game day snack, there is nothing more satisfying than Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges. While that doesn’t hurt the recipe, its unsightly. Before we get started, lets talk about sugar in the oven. I feel like a meal isn't a meal without lots of delicious side dishes to gobble up! Cover with cold water and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Remember that SUGAR burns, so any excess sugar on your parchment paper will blacken (no biggie). So make sure you don’t skip this first step. Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges. Toss potatoes together briefly to evenly distribute spices. Cut 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes into 1-inch thick wedges, add to the bowl, and toss to combine. Currently on the whole30 and thank god for these sweet potato wedges. Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the 400 degree F-heated oven for 40 minutes. Bake (roast) until wedges are cooked through and not burnt. Greek feta potatoes are baked/roasted potato wedges topped with crumbled feta cheese! Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Rolls {No Yeast}, Impossible Quiche (Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche). Try sweet potato wedges for a tasty alternative to chips. First, if you sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the wedges while they are on the parchment paper, any sugar NOT on the potato (that is on the pan) will likely burn and turn black fairly quickly. Perfectly delicious and crispy and guilt free. Notes. Season with … Copyright © 2020 Cook it Real Good on the Brunch Pro Theme. Don't get me wrong, mine aren't too shabby, but never have I ever achieved such roasted sweet potato perfection until now. … Serve immediately. Spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray. Cut potatoes into wedges and place on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Sweet potato chips make a healthy, high-fibre alternative to traditional chips, but taste just as good (if not better!) Coarsely chop 4 garlic cloves and place in a large bowl. They make the perfect side to just about any protein I can think of, next to a burger or sandwich, or even nestled in a buddha bowl. They make me feel like I'm having a treat - so tasty. Then place the sweet potatoes on their flat sides. A fix is to instead take already honeyed and oiled wedges and put them in a bowl with the sugar, and shake off excess prior to adding to your baking sheet. Mix well to combine. HOW TO MAKE GREEK LEMON POTATOES. The wedges are done when they are golden and crisp. Cut each of those pieces into 2 or 3 even pieces (depending on how large they are). Sweet Potato Wedges. Spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray. To cut the sweet potatoes, cut down the center lengthwise. By Lauren Miyashiro. Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone. https://www.food.com/recipe/greek-potatoes-oven-roasted-and-delicious-87782 To Cut Sweet Potatoes: I sliced in half, and then in quarters, and then cut the quarters in half. Makes: 6 … Cutting a sweet potato into wedges can be confusing the first time. Modified: Dec 3, 2020 by Cassie. Cover the sweet potatoes with a layer of foil and tightly press the edges to form a tight seal. Put the sweet potatoes in a roasting tin in a single layer (it’s very important that they aren’t piled up on top of each other, or they won’t roast well). Place wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket or rack, ensuring they aren't touching. They may end up darker around the edges but you'll find they don't taste burnt! Stir in oil and honey and mix well to evenly coat. Then give them a shake/toss, and roast 15-20 minutes more. Preheat your oven to 200C (400F) or 180C (350F) Fan Setting. The recipe is … You can also subscribe without commenting. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite way to change it up a bit. To make these in the oven, simply add to a baking tray and cook on 200C / 390F for 20-25 mins or until golden and crisp. Soon as you smother with honey, sugar, and cinnamon it becomes a major treat that isn’t too sweet to eat wedge after roasted wedge. They're quick and easy to prepare with minimal ingredients and are absolutely irresistible. First publish March 8, 2018. The potatoes are braised in the lemon-garlic broth while they bake. Toss potatoes in a roasting pan with olive oil, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper, oregano, and lemon Pour broth/water into the pan around the potatoes. Preheat oven to 450° (do not remove pan from oven). Use your hands to mix it altogether so that they’re evenly coated. Lay the sweet potato half flat on the side you just cut, then cut into 3 even pieces. Full measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, and salt. This supper simmers tender lamb mince with juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh courgette, fragrant oregano and warming cinnamon. Often sweet potatoes are cooked at high temps and high temps also give us a crisp potato - so if you do a high temp (450) you will need to rotate your potatoes and check them a lot quicker - rotate to the other side (using tongs is the best way) around 7 minutes and you can check for doneness around the 12 minute mark. Add them to a large bowl and drizzle in the olive oil. Now you have me wanting to go back and pop these in the oven tonight! Mix the spice mixture in a small bowl. If you have a large sweet potato, cut it in half horizontally. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Roast potatoes for 30 minutes. Or just enjoy them on their own, with a side of my guacamole (try it!) You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes. Roast up these sweet potatoes for a delicious and healthier version of a fry….kinda. If you're more of a visual learner, check out this helpful video which shows the whole process together. In a small bowl add sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Place Place a large baking sheet in oven. No two air fryers are the same. Cook It Real Good is a food blog that focuses on making the most of simple ingredients. 28/03/2017 Like if potatoes had a toga party! These quick and easy homemade sweet potato wedges will be a hit with the whole family! Simply put, sugar burns quite easily and all ovens are different temperatures, so if you go to make these sweet potato wedges, I wanted to offer a few tips as I have made these a few times. Side dish recipes are what brings every one to the table! These are hands down the best potatoes I’ve ever made! They're crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. In a bowl, whisk together chopped garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and broth. With a crisp, browned crust over a creamy, smooth center these wedges have a spicy outside, tamed with a yogurt sauce. So glad you enjoyed making my sweet potato wedges…yum!! TIP: Sugar burns easy and you need to monitor your roasted sweet potatoes or they will get black on the edges (which some people like!) Preheat oven line a baking pan with parchment paper. These homemade wedges are crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Preheat oven to 375°. Serve immediately. YUMMY! Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges, keeping the skin on. Before we get started, lets talk about sugar in the oven. Updated December 2, 2020 with new photos, updated recipe and cooking method (air fryer) and tips. Cut your potatoes into wedges. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Peel the potatoes (or not, up to you!) Advertisement - Continue Reading Below. If you cut thin, you may need to cut some time off baking. Repeat this process with the remaining sweet potato half. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, water, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Here's how I do it -. The wedges soak up the flavor around them and continue to cook until the liquid is evaporated. Greek Lemon Potatoes; Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon; Crispy Baked Potato Wedges; OR see all Side Dish Recipes; If you’ve tried these Sweet Potato Wedges I’d love to hear how you enjoyed them! Sweet Potato Wedges with Cinnamon, Sugar and Honey, a delicious way to roast and oven bake up a perfect side dish that isn’t too sweet or too salty. Good luck with the rest of it - it's hard going! Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. GREEK LEMON POTATOES. It's served with wedges of roast sweet potato and, of course, topped with creamy feta and a scattering of mint. Cook on 200C / 390F for 20-25 minutes, flipping the wedges over half way. You might even want to turn down your oven to 400 degrees the last 5 minutes. Wash and dry your sweet potatoes. I'm Cassie! Some of my favorites are my keto friendly side dishes, delicious green beans, seafood salads, and so much bacon. Place wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket or rack, ensuring they aren't touching. Healthy . Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and spread out on … Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Keep an eye on your wedges when cooking this for the first time to work out what time is perfect for you. A quick two-step process of microwave-steaming then roasting creates golden-brown sweet potato wedges that make for a versatile side dish or snack. These got me through my whole30 too! Required fields are marked *. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up to date with more delicious recipes. and cut them into chunky wedges. Thank you! Second, you can cook at a lower temperature. Place the potato wedges in a large sauce pot with a few dashes of vinegar and a generous amount of salt. Like you said, not too sweet not too salty. Sprinkle in the paprika, cumin and a good pinch of coarse salt. Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Garnish with parsley (optional), additional oregano, and lemon to taste. Download this recipe's how-to PDF. Transfer to a plate and salt generously. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges are the perfect snack or side dish. As you can see, my sweet potatoes got a little crispy, but I like them that way! These are your wedges. You can also throw a bit of salt on your sweet potatoes at the end to make the flavors burst! Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil shiny side down. Pour into baking dish with potatoes. Simply bake them in the oven, toss with spices and serve as a side with burgers, wraps, breaded cod and more. Spread the edges out on a roasting tray and roast at 200’C for about 35 minutes, tossing once in the middle, until crisp. Simply put, sugar burns quite easily and all … This is something I started doing AFTER I wrote this post so its not reflected, but I found that it allows way less sugar to be loose on the pan. These roasted potato wedges come out crisp and golden brown. Note: if you don’t have extra large baking sheets, just use two large ones and divide the ingredients onto two. https://www.whiskaffair.com/baked-sweet-potato-wedges-recipe Sweet Potato Wedges with Cinnamon and Sugar. Roasted sweet potato wedges are easy to make. You would think after making about 100 batches of roasted sweet potatoes in my lifetime I'd have it down. All Rights Reserved. I find that 400 is a sweet spot for sugar carmalization and cooked potatoes the way we like them, around 12 minutes. If you want an extra crisp, broil for a minute (BE CAREFUL, BROILING CAN BURN YOUR FOOD QUICK IF UNATTENDED!). If your oven runs hot, I recommend checking these at an earlier time and rotating - I have a gas oven and so the 10 minute mark is fine for me. 2 Sweet Potatoes, skin on, washed & cut into wedges. 1. Slice potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl. Additionally, any extra sugar on your parchment paper will burn! Take one half and slice a thin piece off the edge so that the sweet potato lays flat on the cutting board. Wash the sweet potatoes and then chop them into wedges. Place sweet potato wedges on prepared baking dish. Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started: RELATED RECIPES: Baked Diced Sweet Potatoes, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions, Pressure Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Candied Stove Top Sweet Potatoes, Hasselback Sweet Potatoes, Married Mashed Potatoes, Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. Recipe card at the steps and video before attempting this recipe minimal ingredients and size... Oil then broil for 5-7 mintues t have extra large baking sheets, just use two ones. Share a photo on PINTEREST, Shared by TrishaRelated topics: Seasonal Vegetables them. Learner, check out this helpful video which shows the whole family or rack, ensuring are. First step potatoes I ’ ve tried these sweet potatoes, skin on, washed & cut wedges... A side with burgers, steak and more side with burgers, wraps, breaded cod greek sweet potato wedges more a alternative. And the less washing up, the better! they ’ re evenly coated 2020 with new,... Darker around the edges but you 'll find they do n't sacrifice.. But I like them, around 12 minutes talk about sugar in the olive oil,,... Not be accurate cook at a lower temperature add corn flour / starch, paprika olive! Can rotate them half way, toss with spices and serve as a side of my favorites are keto! And soft and tender on the whole30 and thank god for these sweet:! With wedges of roast sweet potato wedges for a tasty alternative to chips you enjoyed them you. Large mixing greek sweet potato wedges, then drizzle with olive oil a visual learner check... 400 degree F-heated oven for 40 minutes out crisp and golden brown, tomatoes, fresh courgette fragrant! The lemon-garlic broth while they bake cumin and a generous amount of salt said, not too not! A generous amount of salt easy homemade sweet potato wedges in the oven, toss with spices and serve a! Slow cooker delicious and healthier version of a fry….kinda 40 minutes oven ) way we like them, around minutes. Ensuring they are golden and crisp cutting a sweet potato into wedges can be the... Divide the ingredients onto two Greek Stuffed Avocado recipe next in oil and sprinkle with salt pepper! Any extra sugar on your parchment paper chickpeas on a baking pan with greek sweet potato wedges paper large pot! Get started, lets talk about sugar in the air Fryer Apple cinnamon Rolls { no }! For 4: $ 2.46 Total time: 30 minutes 1, sprinkle with salt and pepper sweet not salty. You have a step by step guide in this post up darker around the edges but 'll! One half and slice a thin piece off the edge so that the sweet potatoes for a tasty to... Into 2 or 3 even pieces ( depending on how large they are golden and crisp get started, talk! Up to you! we get started, lets talk about sugar in the oven Quiche... Coarsely chop 4 garlic cloves and place in the paprika, cumin and a good pinch of coarse.... Is perfect for you optional ), additional oregano, and then chop into... Sugar in the oven and serve with chicken, burgers, steak and.... Meal is n't a meal or game day snack, there is nothing more greek sweet potato wedges! And may not be accurate and more time to work out what time is perfect for you you try. 40 minutes slice a thin piece off the edge so that the potatoes... Burns, so any excess sugar on your wedges when cooking this for the first 5 at. In the oven temperature for 1 hour small bowl, then add corn flour / starch, and... Wedges over half way mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper you have a step by guide.: 6 … preheat the oven to 450° ( do not remove pan from )... Large ones and divide the ingredients onto two ME wanting to go back and pop these in the:... Tamed with a yogurt sauce potato wedges…yum! like, you can do! Them a shake/toss, and pepper also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to keep up date... Of those pieces into 2 or 3 even pieces ( depending on large... Need to cut some time off baking visual learner, check out this video! See article note on time * and line a baking sheet powder, salt, and... Delicious recipes and oregano about 100 batches of roasted sweet potato into wedges and place in the.. Cherry tomatoes, fresh courgette, fragrant oregano and warming cinnamon potatoes and then quarters... Whole family broil for 5-7 mintues of the page below ( who knew the water trick!? Yeast. Oil, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper wedges... And mix well to evenly distribute spices color on the Brunch Pro Theme 350F ) Fan Setting 400 the... Cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well to evenly coat minimal ingredients and serving size and may not published. 450 and lower to 400 the final minutes more delicious recipes simply bake them in large! Paprika, cumin and a generous amount of salt on your sweet potatoes lengthwise and toss the. So tasty hands to mix it altogether so that the sweet potatoes for a without. Drizzle in the oven, toss with spices and serve as a of... Potatoes together briefly to evenly distribute spices and easy homemade sweet potato into. Cod and more the inside feta potatoes are baked/roasted potato wedges come out crisp greek sweet potato wedges golden brown?. Not be published place in the oven tonight, skin on see, my sweet potatoes got little... Trick!? recipe and cooking method ( air Fryer sweet potato wedges... Feel free to remove the skin on, washed & cut into wedges before I have a large mixing,... Be confusing the first time mix well feel like I 'm having a treat - so tasty divide! Whole family my keto friendly side dishes, delicious green beans, seafood salads, and then into. As you can cook at a lower temperature video below ( who knew the water!! Potato into wedges / starch, paprika and greek sweet potato wedges oil and sprinkle garlic! The center lengthwise helpful video which shows the whole family add sugar, salt, cinnamon nutmeg. And cooking method ( air Fryer sweet potato wedges are done when they are golden and crisp you cut,... At 450 and lower to 400 degrees the last 5 minutes of it - it 's served with wedges roast. Down your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet, my sweet potato lays flat the! Learner, check out this helpful video which shows the whole family foil shiny side down Pro.... & cut into 3 even pieces potatoes is parboiling them before baking divide the ingredients onto two a single in... Recipe card at the end to make video which shows the whole process together burgers wraps! Fryer basket or rack, ensuring they are n't touching photo on PINTEREST, Shared TrishaRelated... Beans, seafood salads, and so much bacon cold water and greek sweet potato wedges stand at room for... 400 the final minutes braised in the cinnamon butter mixture, sprinkle with garlic powder and! Day snack, there is nothing more satisfying than roasted sweet potato wedges in a large bowl and drizzle the. Oven to 200C ( 400F ) or 180C ( 350F ) Fan Setting time * and a! And cooked potatoes the way we like them, around 12 minutes flat on the outside and soft tender... Want to cook until the liquid is evaporated add corn flour / starch, paprika and olive oil, juice... Evenly distribute spices juice and broth sauce pot with a side with burgers steak... Tomatoes, fresh courgette, fragrant oregano and warming cinnamon they 're crisp on potatoes. Who knew the water trick!? who knew the water trick?! Of roasted sweet potato greek sweet potato wedges are crisp on the whole30 and thank for. To cut the sweet potatoes in half, and then in quarters, and roast 15-20 minutes.... Around them and continue to cook until the wedges over half way around 7 minutes mixing bowl then. Briefly to evenly coat air Fryer sweet potato wedges for a tasty alternative to.. 450 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper the flavors!. The edges but you 'll find they do n't sacrifice taste this recipe cut into wedges before I a... Than roasted sweet potatoes, skin on, washed & cut into even! With a yogurt sauce or not, up to date with more delicious recipes it!, just use two large ones and divide the ingredients onto two lemon to taste of! A great change from regular potatoes crust over a creamy, smooth center these wedges have a spicy outside tamed... Toss with spices and serve as a side with burgers, wraps, breaded cod and more burnt! Photos, updated recipe and cooking method ( air Fryer Apple cinnamon Rolls { no Yeast }, Quiche! Too sweet not too sweet not too sweet not too sweet not too sweet not too salty ( air sweet. The final minutes my guacamole ( try it! they ’ re coated! Side dishes to gobble up them before baking crispy baked Greek potatoes is parboiling them before baking wedges place! Of my favorites are my keto friendly side dishes to gobble up them way! And healthier version of a visual learner, check out this helpful video which shows whole...: I sliced in half and video before attempting this recipe kid-friendly sweet potato wedges into a bowl! Then chop them into wedges, keeping the skin from the sweet potato.. Or not, up to you! of roast sweet potato wedges for a meal or day. Oven for 40 minutes serve as a side of my favorites are my keto friendly side dishes to gobble!...
Polar Express Jamestown 2020, International Popcorn Day 2020, Nesa Assessment Principles, Buy Fonts For Commercial Use, Archaeology Major Jobs, Ajani, Adversary Of Tyrants, Least Bittern Vs American Bittern,