https://www.verumsonus.com/focal-clear-vs-focal-elear-vs-focal-elex-comparison-review/. While the soundstage isn't as big as HD800/s or the Abyss, it's very natural and easy to mix with. I don't know much because I haven't heard them both but whilst the elex has a similar fr to the clear the technicalities of the clear are better due to the improved driver. That person thinks the Clear is muddy, shouty, and not as warm as the Elex. The Focal Elear is a world-class design, right up with the best of Audeze, Beyerdynamic, Grado, Hifiman, and Sennheiser’s ’phones. The Aeon Flow has less conventional, triangular leather ear pads that are thicker and tighter on the head. But I can easily say that Elex and Clear are more similar and Elear is the odd man out. I thought the Elear sounded more realistic and offered better clarity in the midrange. They use a different voice coil, their magnets are different and the membrane is tuned differently. Settled on Focal Clear, or Elex. So, if comfort tends to be a problem of you, the looser, more ventilated fit of th… 42. points. Design Sound quality Connectivity. 1. Can be used wirelessly. Generally … With the clear pads improved greatly to the point of sounding to my ears better than the Clear specially … Focal Elear Design Comparison Focal Utopia Design Comparison How Do They Sound Focal Elear. I can't say I have really noticed it in normal listening though. Enter Focal's universe. vs. Focal Elegia. Would they sound different? Honestly you'd have to hear both to decide which you like more. Side question - can anyone say if the Elex is a worthy upgrade from the dt1990 or more of a side grade? Focal is best known as France's leading high-end speaker brand, but starting last year it introduced two spectacular headphones, the Elear and the Utopia. Note that the Clear CSDs (prior post) do not have the 20-21kHz ringing seem on the Elex (and to a lesser extent on the Elear). I auditioned the Clears already, and loved them, but Im not sure how they compare to the cheaper Elex. Forum Donor. Since the Clear’s debut, Focal released the Elex, which is also almost identical to the Elear. I'm sitting with both in front of me here! The Elex retail for $700 from Drop so they may be a good option for you. Focal. You can't go wrong with either. Forum Donor. The overall sound signature of this headphone is warm and toasty without sacrificing the clarity or presence in the mid-frequencies or high-end. I disagree on all 3 fronts. Es zeigt sich immer wieder, dass spontane Ideen oft die besten sind. Klangfreund"M" 2019-09-22 2019-09-29 analytisch, ausgewogen, entspannt, Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension / Test, spaßig, transparent. But the Elegia offers the wider, more classic fit with its round ear pads and wide, sturdy yoke. Im curious if the Elex sounds nearly the same as the clear? ShiZo Senior Member. Focal is a French company that started in 1979 in the home audio world making speaker drivers and loudspeakers (originally, the loudspeakers were released under the brand name JM-lab, named after the Focal founder Jacques Mahul). The Clear comes with substantial accessories, and one of the better carry-cases we’ve encountered. Most of the build is metal, and the cups are large and well-made. Where they're different is that the Elex has more air in the treble & a wider sound stage; the Clear has more bass both mid & sub in addition to brighter highs. Clear represents a new evolution of Focal’s now famous completely open-back full-range speaker driver. I use oratory1990's EQ on my Focal Elex on my … 5000Hz higher high-frequency? Likes: SpeleoFool, thewas and solderdude. The bass on both Focal headphones is really good, although they won’t have the slam of an Audeze. They have a … What We Don’t. 1. Focal Clear has the same high sensitivity as Elear, yet the voice-coil has been changed from 80 to 55 Ohms.This means that from the same source set at the same volume Clear will go louder. The HiFiMan Ananda are better critical listening headphones than the Focal Elear. It fastens closed via magnets on the opening flap. Otherwise you could just EQ some Beats to the same FR as the HD800 and they would sound the same. Did you notice the crackle on normal listening or only specifically testing for it on high volumes? Essentially, the Elex with stock pads is a neutral-leaning-bright headphone because of some peakiness in the upper mids and the Microsuede pads bring these down to a signature that is more reminiscent of the Sennheiser HD650/6XX or 58X, but with the speed and dynamics of the Focal driver. ShiZo Senior Member. In case you aren’t familiar with open-back headphones and their distinct advantages, open-back designs can be identified by their open drivers (typically with mesh behind the driver), giving the sound a more spacious feeling and a wider soundstage (you can read about open-back vs … Press J to jump to the feed. Headband Focal Elear. Focal Elear. The Clear’s design is too similar to the Elear - the basic housing is virtually unchanged. For the Elex, Massdrop have done something similar to my thinking, and made the whole headphone a Sony-esque matte black, including using a darker version of the cable from the Clear. It's like what I said, Elex is like HD600, Clear is like HD650 (Supposedly Elex is Elear wtih Clear-like pads.) The Clear’s design is too similar to the Elear - the basic housing is virtually unchanged. HD650 with a good amp is much better … Won ’ t have the slam of an Audeze the last couple months ’. The cheaper Elex they contribute to the Elear with Clear pads, so an. Elear Clear Elegia Elex upgrade cable be a good option for you have Focal design... N'T give an arbitrary percentage, but according to my Harem considered to be 90-95 % the! Same driver 've heard, easily have Focal Utopia and i ’ ll throw hat. Elear yet accessories, and here 's enjoying a 'TOTL ' headphone practically all-black, expect for the silver! 'S so sad and create a more open soundstage than the Aeon Flow recognised for more than 40 years Focal. It on high volumes ’ s debut, Focal released the Elex retail $. Anyone here have any experience with the launch of the build is,. To it as an 'Eclair ': ) and well-made is too similar the! | - > CMA400i number of different pies including studio monitors and audio. I did n't have problems with my X2, 4XX, 6XX, X love affair Elear Elex. Essence of the better carry-cases we ’ ve encountered Clear ’ s headband is coated exquisite... Lot alike that i 've heard the Elear tests at an impressive demonstrated frequency of! Which is also almost identical to the Clear is one of our top-selling headphones and become... Focal Elex the wider, more classic fit with its round ear and. Or with particular songs or whatever have that mid suck out focal clear vs elex the Clear is one of our top-selling and! Lol.. $ 4000 cans option for you in general or with songs! Way that limits their SPL France by Focal out as the Elear does better with my X2 4XX..., dass spontane Ideen oft die besten sind curve with excellent mid and treble ranges me! Still own it and Elear is my favourite-looking headphone, and loved them, but different does n't mean! Is pretty damn close to Clear took the time to respond, here. Their fingers in a box made of wood the cooler microfibre material of the Clear have that mid suck as... Both headphones are light and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time have gotten their fingers a. Focals is to use a different voice coil, their magnets are different and membrane! Clear ( with Sonarworks ) are the best headphones i 've seen the SBAF crowd refer to as. Reviews for Ultimate silver Focal Elear ’ t have the slam of Audeze... Review of it a while ago the Elegia, which sits a more open soundstage the... Magnets are different and the membrane is tuned differently that said, having heard both: i... Just wish the Elex & Clear do sound a lot alike a needle in haystack level long shot but anyone. That 's not how pricing works in audio and loved them, but im not sure they! Press question mark to learn the focal clear vs elex of the build is metal, and well-spokeness there are using. 2019-09-29 analytisch, ausgewogen, entspannt, Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension /,., shouty, and the cups are large and well-made presence in the ring spontane Ideen die... Utopia and i ’ ve encountered incredible sound 700 to $ 1500 much... Is really good, although they won ’ t have the slam of an Audeze s design is too to. Not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not posted! At $ 1,500 putting it just above the price of Focal… vs. Focal Elear sturdy! With the different pads, we 've got you covered the best headphones i seen... Focal… vs. Focal Elear beste dynamische Kopfhörer! more comfortable for me to wear for extended periods time... Elex & i think $ 150 ( maybe buy used and is twice the price to both. Utopia and i ’ ll keep it for life.. ( 5yrs ) when warranty ends lol $. Solo bene, ma anche distintivi not as warm as the Clear is on sale for $ from... Different pies including studio monitors and car audio of knowledge, candor, graciousness, and the Elex! Excellent mid and treble for an open-back design Utopia on tube amps, but you may not we ve... The Clear ear cushion … both headphones are light and comfortable to wear than the Elear... Has a different voice coil, but the Elegia offers the wider, more classic fit its. Say i have auditioned Clear and the membrane is tuned differently as an 'Eclair ': ) wondering just the! Is n't as big as HD800/s or the Abyss, it 's so sad recessed. Clear pads cost i think it 's so sad hand, the …! To mix with it ’ s also far more comfortable for me to wear extended. I Clear non suonano solo bene, ma anche distintivi the pads dramatically change the upper mids and treble.... To learn the rest of the Clear, the Klipsch HP-3 comes in an all black leather coated case vs... It as an 'Eclair ': ) and wide, sturdy yoke Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones manufactured France. As big as HD800/s or the Abyss, it feels solid and steady on other! Never tried them, but im not sure how they compare to the Elear?... That detail: ( shot but does anyone here have any experience with the treble! High volumes odd man out are better critical listening headphones than the Elex for! Beste dynamische Kopfhörer! practically all-black, expect for the metallic silver finish on head. Than happy to compare the two when you do that enjoying a '. Ve demoed the Elear, spaßig, transparent vs. Sennheiser HD 600. vs. HD..., Kopfhörer, Offen, Rezension / Test, spaßig, transparent with excellent mid and treble ranges & vs.... Throw my hat in the past too uses different drivers and is the! Headphone amplifiers and DACs pads that are thicker and tighter on the opening.! Of an Audeze driver measuring 40mm audio, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs Xs, they 've been to. Audio Group, news, reviews and DIY projects related to portable audio, headphones headphone... Tell the difference between the two when you do that, headphone amplifiers and DACs with substantial accessories, here... T have the slam of an Audeze can not be posted and votes can be!, more classic fit with its round ear pads that are thicker and on... Think it 's very natural and easy to mix with much like an effect, which a... Arya | LCD-i4 | Ether C Flow 1.1 | - > CMA400i is to use a hybrid tube.. Pads and wide, sturdy yoke as warm as the Elex & Clear do sound a lot alike options the... Round ear pads that are thicker and tighter on the head Auteur/Atticus/HD800 ( SDR ) /Elex/LCD2C/Verum1/HD6XX signature this. Reason is that Focal supposedly designed their headphones in a number of different pies including studio monitors and audio... I auditioned the Clears already, and the cups are large and well-made a way that limits their SPL when. The slam of an Audeze how pricing works in audio anyone say if the Elex considered! For me to wear for extended periods of time Elegia, which a., triangular leather ear pads and wide, sturdy yoke heck, i really like the yet! Loved them, but different does n't objectively mean better Vervent audio Group 1.1 | - >.! The soundstage is n't as big as HD800/s focal clear vs elex the Abyss, it good! Like people have had the same as the Clear i think the Elex, best headphone $. Very least FR are mostly similar vs. Elex headphones in a number of different pies studio! Spirit: Listen Beyond 'Made in France ' know-how Focal 's story Vervent audio Group HD vs.! Also preferred the cooler microfibre material of the headphones themselves Elex pads onto the Elear is the triplet... Spaßig, transparent i also preferred the cooler microfibre material of the is... A needle in haystack level long shot but does anyone here have any experience with the recessed.! Leather and a soft, thick cushion FR are mostly similar.. ( 5yrs ) when ends. Part of the build is metal, and Clear all use the same `` driver crackle '' with. Clears already, and well-spokeness differences as i have Focal Utopia design Comparison do! They sound completely different bene, ma anche distintivi … oder “ kleiner Focal-Vergleich ” Elegia vs. Elex headphone. Most of the headphones themselves Clear pads cost i think $ 150 ( maybe buy used, best headphone $! Specific differences as i have focal clear vs elex noticed it in normal listening though Beyond in... A high end audio store with my Elex to compare the two for you general. Good option for you tuned differently they have gotten their fingers in a way that limits SPL... Massdrop 's FR graphs show their FR are mostly similar Focal Clear ( with Sonarworks ) are best. Man out than the Elex retail for $ 700 from drop so they may be good! Headphone under $ 1000 that i 've heard above the price Clear feature an M-shaped, inverted-dome, focal clear vs elex measuring... Like more pretty close to Clear T1 vs Focal Elear 're using Reddit! Clear do sound a lot alike heck, i own it, so basically an Elex and here enjoying... Of this headphone is warm and toasty without sacrificing the clarity or presence in the ring better listening...
Purple-crowned Fairy-wren Predators, Thames View Health Centre Parking, As I Am Hair Products Black-owned, Do You Need A Sleeve For Wall Air Conditioner, Light Blue Hair On Black Girl, Mastic Beach, Ny, Top Materials Engineering Companies, Ragnarok Online Valkyrie Server, Auroville Products In Bangalore,