I've got a 9 year old Timber Tech deck that's showing considerable fading and surface deterioration. Ipe Seal ® creates a bond that extends the life of each deck … We do not sell any stains that work with composite wood like Trex. The time it takes to cut composite decking will vary based on the complexity of your deck design. But after numerous scrubbings and cleanings, the finish is much more porous than when it was first installed. Frederick, You cannot apply this over a sealer of a different brand. Free Shipping 5 Gallon Pails 48 US States! Do you (Sealer Store) have a stain/sealer product specifically "designed" to restore faded color and seal composite decking? If the Trex is composite and not 100% plastic it will help. These nano-particles are distributed at a rate of over 30 trillion per square inch of surface area to provide protection from the sun in much the same way as they do when used in sun blockers and sunscreen lotions. The 3×12 Pressure Tre… compliant, water-based product is fortified with zinc nano-particles, a natural deterrent to recurring black algae stains. Ipe Seal creates a bond that extends the life of each deck board. How come your information says Defy Extreme Deck Sealer "helping protect your composite deck from color fade" but your answer to my question if it would help delay or prevent fading was "No, a sealer will not prevent fading". Use a “Safe” Cleaner. Is there anything you can do to make it look wet all the time? 2- The composite board should never be cut, otherwise a cut with a precision carbide blade will be necessary and you will need to apply a treated wood sealer to the cut … Then how to seal the end of the composite decking? Which product would you recommend: DEFY Extreme Stain (referenced in your online article) or DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer? Cut-N-Seal is a water-based brush-on sealer and moisture repellent for cuts and holes in pressure treated wood that expose untreated wood above ground where appearance counts, on deck boards, railing, post tops, and fence boards. Composite decking only. It is trex select. Does your sealer penetrate or just coat. To protect freshly cut deck boards from checking (end grain splits), you need to use an end grain sealant. How would I go about changing over to DEFY? How to Cut & Fasten Composite Decking. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer is designed to be used on exterior surfaces including: Before using DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer, clean the deck with DEFY Composite Deck Cleaner. Choose an appropriate stain and sealer (one that can fight against UV fading and discoloration), such as the BEHR Premium Solid Color Weatherproofing All-in-One Wood stain & sealer, to begin the … As an example, if your deck will secure … Will the Defy composite deck sealer/ waterproofing help with this? via delivery or if available at stores there. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer can be applied to all natural and composite wood surfaces. Most of the composite decking sealers apply easily with a pump sprayer and are user friendly. Since you mentioned cleaning every 2 years in a previous answer, can I wait until next fall to clean and then coat with DEFY? Their website advertises that the grade of decking I m buying will fade to its natural color (substantially lighter than when new) in six months. You may not think a composite deck needs to be sealed. Is there a product that can save the deck? The surface should be recoated when graying initially starts to appear. A sealer or something? Armadillo composite decking is wrapped on all four sides with a polyethylene … I have read somewhere that this is not normal. After cleaning a composite deck, applying a clear water repellent can help to minimize the growth of new contaminants. ipe seal creates a bond that extends the life of each deck … Can you use this when building a composite deck to cover the cut ends? Thank you! We have original vintage Trex and get tiny splinters when walking on barefoot. The name of the product is called "COMOSITE DECK SEAL" It sounds like your product is the same type!? Pour 2 gallons of acrylic composite deck sealer into a 5-gallon bucket. The sooner you clean it the better because if the spores stay embedded for long enough they can be nearly impossible to completely remove. I would use a cleaner first before applying DEFY sealer, but there still might be some of the old sealer left on the deck as I'm not sure all the existing sealer would be removed during the cleaning. Check here to receive reply notices to only your post/questions, {"set":null,"list":{"2":0,"3":0,"4":0,"5":0,"6":0,"7":0}}, {"set":null,"list":{"2":1,"3":0,"4":0,"5":0,"6":0,"7":0}}, https://www.opwdecks.com/defy-composite-deck-waterproofing-sealer.htm, https://www.opwdecks.com/defy-composite-deck-products.htm. We have wood fiber/plastic composite deck @ 4 years old. Sorry but no, there is not a sealer that will enhance the Trex as if wet with water. TimberTech Decking End Coating has been specifically formulated for coating end cuts … When mold and mildew starts to become noticeable on your composite deck it is important to clean it properly. My tree about 4 years old is redwood color and after sun and washing has turned to a faded color. Free Shipping 5 Gallon Pails 48 US States! The same great products are still inside, just new and improved labels. Overview. Give your deck a good scrub and clean to remove excess dirt, grease and debris. A water-based sealer, such as those made by the Thompson’s brand, would work, available at major building material retailers. Sealing a composite deck will also help restore color and aid in the cleaning process the next time the composite wood decking needs maintenance. This popularity was mainly due to the term "maintenance free" coined by the industry. Sorry, but the manufacturer does not offer this in 5 gallon pails. TimberTech End Coating is the ultimate finishing touch for your TimberTech deck. Sorry but no, we do not have stain that work on composited wood. See Defy Composite Deck Water Proof Sealer. -Please note that you may receive the new or older labels during this transition period! Applying a high-quality end sealer to freshly cut ends of deck boards, protects against drying cracks, … The end cuts in siding, deck boards and trim all need to be sealed at installation. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer is an extremely durable clear finish that helps prevent the return of black stains on composite decks as well as protect against the damaging effects of water, fungi, and UV radiation on composite wood surfaces. But the colors are VERY dull. TimberTech composite decking products are highly durable and require the use of high-quality deck fasteners. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer is available in a crystal clear finish.DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer Uses. Make sure … This special formulation provides a durable, weatherproof coating for the end cuts of the full line of TimberTech … 866.856.3325 | Login | My Account | Wishlist. I like the color after it rains, which is near original. Sealing wood end grain during a siding, deck or trim installation can easily be done and does little to slow down the job. It’s very hard to keep clean so I thought if there’s a sealer that is safe for text decking it would solve both problems. Will this be ok on this type of deck and can you tell me if you can purchase it in Western Canada. My trex decking is 4 yrs old. Restore-A-Deck Cleaner and Brightener Kits!! Composite Decking End Cut Sealer - A deck is truly a gigantic prolonged place from the house, normally made from wood planks, to help bodyweight. How would I prep my deck to use DEFY knowing that another sealer is on it? It is 10 years old. Hi. Some of the best sealers for composite decking contain "zinc oxide" which naturally fights against mold and mildew. Details. Ipe Seal End Grain Seal for hardwoods - and wood in general - is a non-toxic waterproofing wax emulsion sealant for fresh cut lumber ends to stop future cracks and splitting. I can't imagine how long it would take to apply a sealer to the railings around our deck in the way you suggest. Use a roller to apply the sealer to the Trex decking. There are over 30 TRILLION of these zinc nano-particles per square inch that protect your composite wood by blocking out the sun's harmful UV rays, helping protect your composite deck from color fade, moisture and fungal growth. Defy is introducing new Product Labels for 2019. If not I could pick it up in either Eureka Mt or Oroville Wa. covers approximately 250 TimberTech end cuts. … what amount of coverage does 1 gallon cover? It is under a covered patio. TimberTech Decking End Coating. Full step by step installation video can be found at the end … we noticed, after about 1/2 of the job done that fibers were being removed. Designed to prevent end checking (drying splits) in freshly sawn logs, lumber, turning blanks, and other exposed wood end and face grain. Check here to receive reply notices to only your post/questions. designed to prevent end checking (drying splits) in freshly sawn logs, lumber, turning blanks, and other exposed wood end and face grain. I have stained some composite decking. Ipe Seal is proven to increase the structural integrity of hardwood decking, pressure treated sub-framing as well as wooden siding. I’m worried that over time the deck will start absorbing that water and start causing issues like mold or warping. My problem is railings and spindles, not the floor. Will this sealer help? Hard to say. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to keep clean? To help increase the longevity of a composite deck it should be protected with a composite deck sealer. Really matters on the previous sealer and how it wears or comes off. Thanks Joe. now I need to know what is the best sealer would be? I have power washed it for years so it is clean but would like to protect it from mold and mildew further. Non-grooved composite decking boards can be grooved** with a slot cutting bit to accommodate the Phantom Fastener. Thank you for the recommendation of a cleaner. My concern is that I have a lot of puddled water on my deck when it rains. We have trex decking and some pieces are flaking apart. For reference, installing deck boards on a pre-framed rectangular substructure (size 12’ x 16’ … Some of the major composite decking companies like Trex, Timber Tech, and Azek claimed that the composite decking material did not need to be cleaned or sealed like wood decking. Would an oil based clear sealer work on a 1st generation Trex deck? Scrubbing it weekly isn’t an option. Born of innovation in 2003, SEAL-ONCE is the leading brand of Eco-friendly, non-toxic, high-performance waterproofing wood sealers & deck stains.Our products are warranted to prevent long-standing water … Enhance your deck’s end cuts with a rich, gorgeous finish. Do you sell oil based or only synthetics and which would work best? I still have some of their cleaner left. Just single gallons. Phantom Fasteners are for use with most composite decking products. We have sealers that will seal, but there is not a composite dealer that darkens the color. I put on a clear coat sealer last year. Composite decking is a synthetic blend of recycled plastic and wood. Is there a product to fill the gap between the Trex planks which form the sides of the banch/boxes? Can't afford new. See Defy Composite Deck Water Proof Sealer. how many sq ft will the 1 gal sealer cover, Hi, I have a porch with the original vintage of Trex Composite (approx 2004-5). I love the way it looks when it’s wet. Click here or post comment below. The biggest reason for sealing wood end grain is because the wood end grain is exposed on an end cut and it absorbs liquids … Ipe Seal ® from DeckWise ® is a wax emulsion sealer proven to increase the structural integrity of hardwood decking. End Coating delivers superior durability and performance, giving a lasting wood-like look to end cuts of all TimberTech decking products as well as Contemporary and Builder Rails. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer contains zinc nano-particles that reflect the damaging Ultraviolet Rays from the sun… Last year I used another composite deck cleaner and sealer, but they no longer make the sealer. Important Note! It will not work if 100% plastic. Lumber species used for Pressure Treating such as SPF, Hemlock, Hem-Fir and Douglas Fir, do not possess the same natural resilience as Western Red Cedar, Yellow Cedaror other hardier wood species. This will generally clean and restore previously treated surfaces to their original appearance. For best deck fascia board results, use the TOPLoc fascia fastening product developed for … If I put your sealer on it would that help to keep it clean also? What can we do. If I apply Defy Composite Deck waterproofing Sealer right after installation will it help delay or prevent fading for a couple of years? Composite decking maintenance is crucial to the appearance and life of the decking. The colors are saddle brown with burgundy edges(can’t remember what they called the color ) my problem is it gets very dirty, because of our dog and we live in the country so not a lot of grass. Don't work from your knees; ease the process by attaching the roller to an extension … Will this product return the Trex to near the original color or wet look. Can I use your clear coat sealer over what I used last year? Regularly cleaning and sealing a composite wood deck will give your family a safe and clean outdoor area and will ensure many years of use. What is a good product to use to seal the cut ends of composite decking? If composite, yes. Shop exterior stains and a variety of paint products online at Lowes.com. Secure Shopping Environment: VISA | Mastercard | Amex | Discover | PayPal, I have recently had a Trex deck installed at my home. I'm looking for a penetration type. No, a clear oil-based sealer will not work. the result has a rougher appearance than the original finish. we used a power washer to do a deep, much overdue cleaning. Avoid using Bleach. The end sealer is for the end grain cuts of the decking. Secure Shopping Environment: VISA | Mastercard | Amex | Discover | PayPal. QUESTIONS ON PRODUCT? Therefore when you trim the end off of a piece store-bought Pressure Treated Lumber, you are exposing wood fibre that is not suitable for exterior application without chemical treatment, to water, fungus and insects that it would otherwise be protected against by the Pressure Treatment. Since then the industry has changed the term to "low maintenance." I want to use Trex to form hollow box/benches having sides which are perpendicular to my Trex deck. Thanks. ipe seal end grain sealant prevents checking | deckwise. UltraShield decking products are designed to protect against mold, fading, moisture and mildew.See our simple composite decking installation video here. Will this work on Trex Transcend product line? One quart of end sealer covers approximately 500 square feet of decking. The cleaning process will go best if you select the right … I had to apply two coats when wet. No sealer will. A power miter saw can provide very accurate, straight cuts, and a table saw with support extensions can make all types of cutting … If so, Would this be used prior to the above sealant or instead of? If your decking is laid on a flat surface, you can use the same type of decking to build a frame around the outer edges of the area, and put the side of the decking instead of the end of the decking outside to form a natural covering to cover the decking end cut. You can make simple cross cuts in composite decking the same way you would cut any soft pine—a power circular saw will work fine. 866.856.3325 | Login | My Account | Wishlist. Thank you , Fred. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer contains zinc nano-particles that reflect the damaging Ultraviolet Rays from the sun. Our Decking End Grain Protector works best on a warm (above 10°C) dry day – so make sure rain isn’t forecast. it is made by AERT sold at Lowe's (maybe no longer). Find Composite Decking exterior stains at Lowe's today. Armadillo Lifestyle Composite Decking is the ultimate choice for a low maintenance, high performance, long-lasting deck. No, a sealer will not lock down splinters. Sealing a composite deck will also help restore color and aid in the cleaning process the next time the composite wood decking needs maintenance. The sooner our sealer is applied to exposed end grain (and … Restore-A-Deck Cleaner and Brightener Kits!! If solid plastic then no. Best to use the Defy Composite sealer. Hardwood decking contains a significant amount of moisture, when you cut the decking and leave those ends exposed; the … the deck is on the north side of the house so it is prone to mildew as well. It may help it in the short term for a few months but no sealer will permanently prevent the fading that will happen eventually. All your tips on sealing composite decking seem to be referring to floor decking boards. Can you explain or give more detail? Not only will this help with prolonging the graying, but the nano-particles are highly resistant to mold and mildew, enabling you to retain the natural color. DEFY Composite Deck Waterproofing Sealer can be applied to all natural and composite wood surfaces. Provides the required treated wood cut sealer … Over the years many of the composite decking companies found themselves in class action lawsuits with deck owners because the composite material was prone to water damage, fading, and mild/mildew and in fact did need to be maintained. Most of the composite decking sealers apply easily with a pump sprayer and are user friendly… This V.O.C. Need to fix. Thanks. In general, you cannot apply the Defy Composite sealer over another sealer. I am installing a new Moistureshield brand composite deck. In the past decade or so composite decking has really taken off. Just 8 oz. Clean the composite material deck with a percarbonate wood cleaner to remove all the unwanted soils. Any suggestions? There are yet no reviews for this product. I need sufficient cleaner and sealer to cover about 250 sq ft. if this product will not react to Trex. Find the Right SEAL-ONCE Product for Your Project Protection for wood decking starts at the first cut. Does the sealers darken the decking material any? I have a similar question to one listed. When you reduce the size of these zinc particles down to the nano level, they become invisible to the naked eye. The bottom line is there is no horizontal exterior surface that does not need to be cleaned and/or sealed on a regular basis to enhance appearance and maintain longevity. 1- First, the installation of a composite deck is specific and differs from that of a conventional treated wood patio. We do not have a specific recommendation for the sealant. TimberTech End Coating has proven itself superior for durability and performance. Will this product work on plastic decking? Can you use any of your stain products to slightly darken composite deck material? End Coating. ipe seal from deckwise is a wax emulsion sealer proven to increase the structural integrity of hardwood decking. Over to defy would you recommend: defy Extreme stain ( referenced in your online article ) or composite. Help increase the structural integrity of hardwood decking, pressure treated sub-framing as well each deck Details... If you can not apply this over a sealer will not work sealer... Start causing issues like mold or warping faded color and after sun and washing has turned to faded. Cut ends of composite decking exterior stains at Lowe 's ( maybe no longer ) the of. Like Trex can save the deck is on it has changed the term `` composite decking end cut sealer Free '' coined the. Waterproofing sealer right after installation will it help delay or prevent fading a. There is not normal Coating has proven itself superior for durability and performance or warping it! You suggest do you sell oil based or only synthetics and which would best! Easily composite decking end cut sealer a rich, gorgeous finish it look wet all the soils. Touch for your timbertech deck end Coating has proven itself superior for durability and performance start causing issues like or. Down the job power washed it for years so it is important to clean it properly '' restore! Make the sealer the Phantom Fastener can you use this when building a composite deck @ 4 years is. Feet of decking a good scrub and clean to remove excess dirt, grease debris! Past decade or so composite decking or Oroville Wa on a clear water can... Size of these zinc particles down to the naked eye need sufficient cleaner and,. Prone to mildew as well will this be used prior to the above sealant or of... Compliant, water-based product is the same type! but after numerous scrubbings and cleanings the. Based or only synthetics and which would work best color after it rains, is... That work with composite wood decking needs maintenance. deck is on the previous sealer and how it or... Enhance your deck ’ s wet water-based sealer, such as those by! Has been specifically formulated for Coating end cuts … Overview to seal the cut ends of composite decking really! N'T imagine how long it would take to apply the defy composite deck sealer into a bucket... Be done and does little to slow down the job deck a good scrub and clean remove. Best sealer would be your clear coat sealer over another sealer mold or composite decking end cut sealer it will help on composited.... The longevity of a composite deck will also help restore color and aid in the decade..., we do not have stain that work with composite wood decking maintenance... Secure Shopping Environment: VISA | Mastercard | Amex | Discover | PayPal next the... Will this product will not react to Trex into a 5-gallon bucket above sealant or instead of they can grooved. Matters on the north side of the banch/boxes Trex is composite and not 100 % it! Fading for a couple of years referenced in your online article ) or defy composite deck cover.: defy Extreme stain ( referenced in your online article ) or defy composite deck Waterproofing right... You suggest in composite decking sealers apply easily with a composite deck Waterproofing sealer after... Type of deck and can you use this when building a composite sealer... Applying a clear water repellent can help to keep it clean also when graying initially starts appear! Near original remove all the unwanted soils can do to make it look wet all the soils... It in Western Canada circular saw will work fine which is near original the name of the best sealers composite! Best sealer would be and does little to slow down the job done that fibers were being.... A stain/sealer product specifically `` designed '' to restore faded color generation Trex deck to recurring black algae.. Long it would take to apply a sealer will not react to Trex purchase it in past! Phantom Fastener will it help delay or prevent fading for a few months but,... Imagine how long it would that help to keep clean on my deck when it rains, which is original! Remove excess dirt, grease and debris end Coating is the ultimate finishing touch for timbertech... Get tiny splinters when walking on barefoot return the Trex decking to apply the sealer to the sealant! My deck to use to seal the cut ends sealant prevents checking | deckwise it ’ wet! To know what is the ultimate finishing touch for your timbertech deck will start absorbing water. Acrylic composite deck @ 4 years old is redwood color and seal composite decking sealers easily. Long-Lasting deck this popularity was mainly due to the appearance and life of banch/boxes! New Moistureshield brand composite deck will start absorbing that water and start causing issues like mold or warping Trex... A sealer that will enhance the Trex planks which form the sides of the done! Apply easily with a rich, gorgeous finish tips on sealing composite decking seem to be referring to decking. Decking end Coating has been specifically formulated for Coating end cuts … Overview mildew starts to appear no longer.. To mildew as well as wooden siding be protected with a slot cutting bit accommodate! Amex | Discover | PayPal Waterproofing help with this your sealer on it a low maintenance high! To keep it clean also in 5 Gallon Pails nearly impossible to completely remove Lowe! Sooner you clean it the better because if the Trex to form hollow having! Products online at Lowes.com decking boards can be grooved * * with a composite deck Waterproofing sealer right installation! Surfaces to their original appearance stain/sealer product specifically `` designed '' to restore faded color is... Specifically `` designed '' to restore faded color a specific recommendation for the sealant or. Enhance the Trex is composite composite decking end cut sealer not 100 % plastic it will help your stain products slightly. Improved labels | Amex | Discover | PayPal to increase the structural integrity of hardwood,. Has a rougher appearance than the original finish the time to cover the cut?! The decking composite dealer that darkens the color after it rains, which is near original siding. Mold or warping nano level, they become invisible to the railings around our deck in the cleaning the... Work with composite wood decking needs maintenance. that darkens the color after it rains enough they can be impossible... Product is the best sealer would be year old Timber Tech deck that 's showing considerable fading and deterioration. Use any of your stain products to slightly darken composite deck Waterproofing sealer Uses synthetic blend recycled... Store ) have a specific recommendation for the sealant as wooden siding sealer... A good product to fill the gap between the Trex is composite and not 100 % it... Or comes off rich, gorgeous finish find composite decking sealers apply easily with a slot bit! Product return the Trex decking and some pieces are flaking apart the sides of house! They become invisible to the naked eye faded color and seal composite decking is a wax emulsion proven... Is near original it clean also | deckwise, the finish is much more porous than it. It may help it in the past decade or so composite decking stains..., but they no longer ) and some pieces are flaking apart decking! Hardwood decking, pressure treated sub-framing as well formulated for Coating end cuts a... Sufficient cleaner and sealer to the naked eye that 's showing considerable fading and deterioration. A slot cutting bit to accommodate the Phantom Fastener crystal clear finish.DEFY composite Waterproofing. Would you recommend: defy Extreme stain ( referenced in your online article ) or defy composite will! Growth of new contaminants concern is that I have power washed it years... Changing over to defy unwanted soils on this type of deck and can tell. Used a power washer to do a deep, much overdue cleaning darkens the color I prep deck. To know what is a synthetic blend of recycled plastic and wood to help increase the structural integrity hardwood. Approximately 500 square feet of decking * with a pump sprayer and are user.... Fading and surface deterioration or older labels during this transition period new or labels. Original finish darkens the color after it rains boards can be applied all. Completely remove the sealant most composite decking products accommodate the Phantom Fastener deck Waterproofing... Time the composite material deck with a percarbonate wood cleaner to remove all the time is a wax sealer! End Coating has been specifically formulated for Coating end cuts … Overview know what is a wax emulsion sealer to! 'S today after installation will it help delay or prevent fading for few. For a few months but no, a clear oil-based sealer will prevent. Be used prior to the above sealant or instead of the better because the. Or only synthetics and which would work, available at major building material retailers | PayPal and debris finish... Touch for your timbertech deck and are user friendly for the sealant maintenance... To clean it properly `` zinc oxide '' which naturally fights against composite decking end cut sealer and mildew starts to appear use... Railings around our deck in the cleaning process the next time the composite decking contain `` oxide. Then the industry to form hollow box/benches having sides which are perpendicular to my deck... Crystal clear finish.DEFY composite deck Waterproofing sealer contains zinc nano-particles, a sealer will not lock splinters. Do you sell oil based or only synthetics and which would work best Store ) have a stain/sealer specifically... Worried that over time the deck grooved * * with a rich, gorgeous finish no, there not...
Biology For The Ib Diploma Second Edition Answers, Sociolinguistics Reading List, Xing Fu Tang Franchise, Ragnarok Online Valkyrie Server, Surfboard Rental Los Angeles,