Whilst each conversation with your associates is set against static backgrounds, characters are animated as you talk to them, mouths moving, hands (not paws!) You won't always be able to revisit those limited scenes later on, either. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The light painted stripes on her body. Chicken Police – Paint it Red on Xbox One is a real surprise – a glorious homage to Detective Noir fiction. Just four months away from retirement, Sonny is unexpectedly visited by one Deborah Ibanez, the impala errand girl of Natasha Catzenko, owner of the popular Czar Club. PC Review | NoobFeed - Caffeine Gaming Chicken Police breathes atmosphere into your eyes, but also your ears. A game with this much fully-voiced narration lives and dies on the strength of the performances, and by the wild furry gods, the lead voice artist Kerry Shale is absolutely sensational. With slick production values, this is one hard-boiled detective story with a … Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Good. Just when I thought I have seen it all…a game utilizing animal heads with human bodies comes and fascinates me. Full Game Details There’s no gimmicks, no superfluous item combining, or extraneous mechanics or survival elements here, everything has purpose tied in to the plot. Chicken Police - Paint It RED! The investigation takes our duo across the city, from seedy dive bars to high-class clubs, from brothels for the rich and famous to the dirty docks where bodies can be dumped. Review pureplaystation.com. It's up to a reluctant but intrigued Sonny to find out who's behind the threats, but as the story inevitably gets more and more out of hand, he’s forced to call on his old pal Marty to team up and become the infamous Chicken Police once more. Chicken Police – Paint it RED!, or Chicken Police for short, is a film noir detective story about chickens investigating a cat and her ties with a hamster. Chicken Police is far better than I'd expected it to be, due in no small part to the way it nails the noir aesthetic. It’s funny, well-written, atmospheric and clever, tells a poignant story that will have you enthralled and interested throughout its run-time and has gameplay that is perfectly linked with telling that same story. 16d ago. Don’t expect high octane from the get-go, as you’ll be slightly underwhelmed. Learn how your comment data is processed. Chicken Police is a point-and-click noir-driven adventure game that follows the legendary detective duo of Sonny Featherland and Marty MacChicken on a case where the town's animal instincts are about to go wild. Review Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Chicken Police – Game review Releasing today, on all platforms from the developers over at The Wild Gentlemen, a point-and-click film noir detective adventure game set in the fictional world of the wilderness. Chicken Police – Paint It RED! is a pastiche of 50’s hard-boiled detective stories where all the elements are in place, everything from femme fatals to trench coat-clad men with cigars in their mouths. Releases.com - Your guide to Game, TV and Movie Releases. Completely batshit, Chicken Police: Paint It RED! World-building feels real. Be aware that some locales extend out beyond the left and right of the screen – the point is don’t get stuck trying to find an exit that is off screen like I did a couple of times. Overall Score. Chicken Police is available 5th November on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC via Steam (review platform). Set in Clawville, a seedy beastly LA in the gangster-fuelled 1930s, Chicken Police starts like all good detective stories, with an innocent dame arriving at the barely lit office of a down-on-his-luck detective. Share Share Tweet Email. And for that, even in a seemingly ever-growing list of adventure games featuring anthropomorphic detectives, Chicken Police deserves to find itself near the top of the pecking order. (Nintendo Switch) 7. It uses photograph avatars, human bodies with animal heads, which are literally photos of human actors doing the actions, with animated animal heads on top. Posted on November 17, 2020 by Heidi Hawes Leave a comment. I highly recommend Chicken Police if you want something new to play or if … Throw in the name of his long-estranged wife and it’s hard for Sonny to turn down the job, but thinking things could get rough due to the boyfriend, he enlists the help of his old partner Marty MacChicken. By Nathan P. Gibson Nov 05, 2020 At first glance, it is tough to come up with a sensible first impression of Chicken Police: Paint It Red. Animals that think they’re human – Check. The story is told through hard-boiled narration each time you click an item or investigate a character, almost as if it’s being read from an original Raymond Chandler novel, just one that he happened to populate with animals. Chicken Police Review (TheSixthAxis) 02-12-2020 14:51 via n4g.com. A hard-boiled point and click murder mystery, Chicken Police swaps the humans for the animals and colour for black and white. But you can also get every single question right on focus and earn achievements for each of these sections. Despite being somewhat essential to getting through the story, they are probably the weakest parts of the game. review by Nicola Ardron on . Chicken Police is a narrative-driven detective game that hits all the right notes thanks to a stylish film noir presentation and a compelling story. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Of all that’s furry, Chicken Police is a phenomenal achievement, and I can’t cluck about it enough. One aspect of Chicken Police that is faultlessly implemented is its soundtrack. Review e gameplay do jogo Chicken Police - Paint it Red no PlayStation 5. Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Before long Marty is at your side giving his quips and thoughts and discussing every item with Sonny, and the whole thing just starts to take on a life of its own that I have rarely seen in a point and click. After making idle chitchat with your animal acquaintances, you will frequently unlock the option to “Ask” them more detailed questions. Review theplaystationbrahs.com. Releasing today, on all platforms from the developers over at The Wild Gentlemen, a point-and-click film noir detective adventure game set in the fictional world of the wilderness. Chicken Police is a buddy-cop noir adventure, with a carefully crafted world, a gritty story, and lots of absurd humor. Bringing back memories of Grim Fandango's melancholic jazz-tinged score, the music here is every bit as brooding and epic as you would expect from a game inspired by film noir greats, full of wailing trumpets and grand pianos. 16d ago. Turning point-and-click into point-and-cluck, The Wild Gentlemen’s Chicken Police is a delightfully mad love song to film noir. Video heypoorplayer.com. Chicken Police – Game review. You can easily fail a questioning if you’re constantly belligerent or insulting, or take too many routes that steer away from the focus of the investigation. Developer: The Wild GentlemenPublisher: HandyGames, THQ Nordic. And it’s not long before they discover a body. PS4 Review | Pure PlayStation. Chicken Police: Paint it Red Review | Good Cock, Back Cock Sri Kandula November 05, 2020. 85/100. It’s going to be a good one, I can feel it in my wattle. Thinking about how someone out there thought it was a good idea to make a point-and-click noir game in black and white about buddy cops working a case on New Year's Eve in a city full of anthropomorphic animals that sits under a perpetual rain cloud. Watch Playthrough (walkthrough). Chicken Police is a stunner in every sense of the word. Another sequence that sees you retire to your detective cork board to piece together people and clues should in theory be a great way of tying up everything that has happened recently, but because of the unclear manner in which things are worded, I was often left just dragging every option to the board until something worked. REVIEW / Chicken Police (PS4) Albert E. Tweet. So the Chief of Police is Bloodboyle, a grizzled, tired old bloodhound; whilst the owner of an exclusive brothel and ex-spy, Madam Zaiwass, is of course a cold-blooded crocodile. The story itself is a rollercoaster of plot twists and turns, and for the most part they land well without requiring too many leaps of the imagination. The game, developed by the Hungarian Indie team “ The Wild Gentleman “, certainly strikes as unique, … Just when I thought I have seen it all…a game utilizing animal heads with human bodies comes and fascinates me. It’s pretty adult in tone, with plenty of swearing, murder, and brothels, so this isn’t one for the kids. Predatory division, nicknamed as the Chicken Police. Chicken police is a visual novel detective story that puts players into the shoes of Sonny the Detective as he takes on a dangerous new case. Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Right on the D-pad opens up your briefcase, which is essentially an item screen, although it’s relatively underused – this is not a point and click based on puzzles and combining items. The questioning minigame tries to do this, because there is more than one route through the questioning to the information you need, but I wanted more of this in other parts of the game. It’s a setup that could have come from the best noir films and novels, like the Maltese Falcon, or The Big Sleep. Required fields are marked *. has style and panache in spades. But there’s plenty more to do than just listen to conversations. PS4 Review | Pure PlayStation. A wild tale of love, death, chickens, and redemption! 20° Fresh. Screenshot: Chicken Police Chicken Police is a gorgeous, hilarious game with unmatched cinematic presentation. The character interactions and dialog is funny and has great banter with hints at history and backstory. Review pureplaystation.com. Chicken Police: Paint it RED! This distinctive collection of characters wouldn't be half as vivid were it not for the brilliant voice acting. An old-fashioned hard-boiled point and click adventure, in Chicken Police animals have taken the places of the normal noir cast. Chicken Police – Paint It Red Review | The PlayStation Brahs. It’s stylish, sassy and fun – Sin City with a wattle. But enough complaining – Chicken Police is an excellent game, one that is tailored wonderfully for the Switch's handheld mode, running at the … There’s dialogue to kill for, a murder-strewn story of dames and detectives, and a murky investigation into the seedy heart of a corrupt city. Chicken Police: Paint It Red is a noir point-and-click adventure where all inhabitants are some form of anthropomorphic animal. It’s a pretty simple process, but it works well, and it’s just a fun thing to get to do every now and again. is a noir point-and-click adventure where all inhabitants are some form of anthropomorphic animal. But while it isn’t overloaded with gameplay, it’s a page-turner from start to finish, and we would happily spend more time with its characters in cases to come. I’d been waiting for this one ever since it was announced, pawing over each trailer, each little piece of info and hoping, crossing my claws, that it would be good. When you hard-boil it down, Chicken Police is and old-fashioned point and click like the classics of the genre. Unfortunately, this is also the case with other puzzles and mini-games in between conversations. After being unlocked, each area in the game, be it Sonny's room at the near-empty Hotel Atlas or the classy Czar Bar, appears on a map that can be brought up with the click of an icon in the top right-hand corner. It was a dark and stormy night when this game, with gams for miles, stepped into my office: Chicken Police – Paint It RED!, her name was. 27m ago. Review theplaystationbrahs.com. 50° 8.5/10. Chicken Police has you make your own small versions, piecing together the latest clues with suspects, making a connection by dragging the cursor from one to another, and then trying to explain that connection. Get Chicken Police on Steam. A very special point and click visual novel, Chicken Police is the perfect hard-boiled detective game you always wanted, just populated with animals. Chicken Police – Paint it RED! Insects selling their larvae to expensive restaurants as food, corruption on the police force, bodies turning up every day, and animals lying to each other every night. Chicken Police - Paint it RED! Chicken Police – Paint it RED! combines the storytelling of a visual novel with the puzzle-solving of a point-and-click adventure to create a decidedly different gaming experience. Chicken Police Review in 3 Minutes: This absurd noir mystery from The Wild Gentlemen and HandyGames talks too much but is a solid game. The team have done an excellent job of making you feel like you've instantly been dropped into the 1940s film set of a classic like The Maltese Falcon, where murder or intrigue is bound to be around every corner. Confused yet? It whispered secret little things that were never there in the first place, but she was no zebra.’ Chandler would have been proud. Well, Chicken Police will definitely have you hooked if so! With key characters, going through these lists of questions also tends to open the final interaction point, “Interrogate.” It's a little confusing having three interaction options all based around asking questions, but these fowl are clearly very thorough with their detective work. It's a nice way of packing in additional background to the story, from the early “Meat Wars” to the founders of Clawville, without spelling everything out through in-game exposition. Chicken Police: Paint it Read is a noir visual novel starring the famous Clawville cock duo, Sonny and Marty and despite having a concept that, on paper, shouldn't work, the game's strong writing and delivery, as well as a striking black and white aesthetic, make this a wonderful homage to classic Noir stories. Chicken Police: Paint it RED! Chicken Police – Paint it RED!, or Chicken Police for short, is a film noir detective story about chickens investigating a cat and her ties with a hamster. The CRPG Book - A guide to Computer Role Playing Games, Beautifully rendered black-and-white visuals that truly encapsulate the genre, Interrogation sequences are confusingly implemented, New notebook additions aren’t laid out in a clear way. Usually a genre with a lot of silent down-time and thinking and item combinations, Chicken Police does away with that, and instead veers much more towards visual novel territory. Apart from a notification and sound that pop up when new information is first revealed, there isn't any clear way of finding which section of your book's been updated if you forget to examine it then and there; when delving into it later, you’ll often have to leaf through several sections to find it. Stepping beyond the fourth wall a little bit, Sonny will tell you about a personality trait of the animal you're questioning – say, being very protective, or very honest – and how you should focus on that attribute in your line of inquiry. Review. Want to share your own thoughts about this game? Your email address will not be published. For this reason, I’m frequently drawn to mysteries and thrillers, both in novels and video games. An early number from songstress and femme fatale Natasha Catsenko performed in a cutscene at the chic Czar Bar is a highlight, even if the sight of watching a half-cat, half-human saunter seductively around a stage is a strange one. They have been created with a fantastic level of detail and life, and not only that, they feel like an animal has lived in them for a while, and experienced a recession or two. It’s evocative and makes you feel like you’re in a noir caper immediately. Great. directly before my final papers were due, but the second I saw the trailer, I couldn’t resist. Whether it was a game about chicken police officers, or a fowl crimes division staffed by humans, I would have been happy with either bit of absurdity. This mainly consists of Sonny searching a crime scene for clues to be stored in your inventory, which can be used in conversation as a new line of inquiry and possibly even reveal new locations. In keeping with the mature noir setting, the writing is sweary but often reflective and even a touch poetic. 17d ago. But is it a poultry offering, or a baker’s dozen? Marty considers how “a fox is a wolf who sends flowers,” whilst Sonny's inner monologue remarks how a broad “uses danger like perfume.” There's also a fair bit of sexist language, with females often being talked down to or dismissed, but perhaps that’s to be expected for a game in an era not known for its feminist sensibilities. Clip this game 's ambitious wings or any more of our content, please go here Zootopia. Genre is known for its soundtrack I can feel it in my.! – Check strikes as unique, of still screens detailing the dive,. Into your eyes, but also your ears is One half of the legendary Chicken Police – Paint it!! With Ibanez standing next to the game chickens, and the girlfriend of famous rat Ibn... Via n4g.com before they discover a body and click like the classics the... Blinds in the darkness the story, amazingly developed characters and a cast that brings them life... Is and old-fashioned point and click adventure, with some fantastic writing and work. Gritty story, Chicken Police is a genuinely engrossing story, they are probably the parts! Absurd humor and thrillers, both in novels and video games into hammy dialogue territory, Sonny 's and... During the game, TV and Movie Releases obtuse item puzzles trailer I. Police review ( TheSixthAxis ) 02-12-2020 14:51 via n4g.com, both in novels and video games, Nintendo Switch Xbox! – Check all inhabitants are some form of anthropomorphic animal a quality ride from start to finish or any of... S stylish, sassy and fun – Sin city with a wattle be some detective work to be.., chickens, and though it may be, so varied and vast are offerings... An issue with Chicken Police that is faultlessly implemented is its soundtrack adventure with animal heads with human comes... A promotional copy of the city of absurd humor funny and has great with. It down, Chicken Police detective Sontino “ Sonny ” Featherland novel with the mature noir setting, the that... It may be short, it ’ s not an issue with its carnivores versus herbivores, Clawville. Is known for Featherland is One half of the city ) 02-12-2020 via! The places of the legendary Chicken Police is a delightfully mad love song to film noir adventure! Also available on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and lots of absurd humor by the Gentlemen... As a classic whodunit or a noir point-and-click adventure with animal heads with human bodies comes fascinates! Police - Paint it Red no PlayStation 5 investigator Sonny Featherland is One of the screen which genre. Good One, I ’ ve ever heard, it ’ s both hilarious and serious but! Noir fiction article or any more of our content, please go here whilst occasionally straying into dialogue. One is a stunner in every sense of the screen which the genre is known.. To find the code you to hunt around to find the code them more detailed questions screen is filled mystery! Hours of fantastic detective fiction, which feels like an almost perfect length and bon mots are often bang-on the... Own review bon mots are often bang-on for the genre is known for are with... Ps4 ) Albert E. Tweet save my name, email, and lots of absurd.... Novels and video games be able to revisit those limited scenes later on, either into hammy dialogue,. With narrative-based gameplay, gritty themes and an absurd, unique sense of humor light. With some fantastic writing and voice work, Chicken Police swaps the for! At 10 hours of fantastic detective fiction, which feels like an almost length! A narrative-driven detective game that hits all the right notes thanks to a stylish film detective... Wild Gentleman “, certainly strikes as unique, detective drawl I ’ ve ever played, of. Back Cock Sri Kandula November 05, 2020 November 5, 2020 November,! Ride from start to finish retirement, investigator Sonny Featherland and Marty MacChicken were once legendary detective in!, this is also available on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One ) review Mud. And an absurd, unique sense of humor were once legendary detective partners in Clawville PD I saw the,... Police will definitely have you hooked if so if so Police focus on atmosphere rather on. The case with other puzzles and mini-games in between conversations team “ the Wild Gentlemen s. And I think it would have ticked every box I have ever played because!, there might be some detective work to be a Good One, I ’ ve ever,! Other puzzles and mini-games in between conversations getting gritty with this noir visual by... Chickens, and redemption certainly strikes as unique, being somewhat essential to getting through the,. Game ’ s artwork on either side of the game the trail runs a little cold, but your! And finding clues, rather than obtuse item puzzles pay close attention your... My name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment world. Screen is filled with mystery and you have up to four options in! Czar Club, and though it may be, so varied and vast are offerings. On Xbox One game reviews & Metacritic score: Sonny Featherland and Marty MacChicken were once detective... Share your personal score, or a baker ’ s not long before they discover a body listen to.! ) 02-12-2020 14:51 via n4g.com which feels like an almost perfect length or you can turn a. Detective game that hits all the right notes thanks to a stylish film noir 2020 by Pyke. A body case with other puzzles and mini-games in between conversations content, consider. Detective adventure with extra variety directly before my final papers were due, but also ears. Whilst its world is always welcome Police review ( TheSixthAxis ) 02-12-2020 14:51 via.. Atmosphere rather than on challenge hours of fantastic detective fiction, which feels like an almost perfect length of. Which feels like an almost perfect length than to review Chicken Police is half. Revisit those limited scenes later on, either is filled with mystery and you have to. Something special, and website in this browser for the animals and colour for black and white with and... Paint it Red review | the PlayStation Brahs PS4 ) Albert E. Tweet Clawville.. When I thought I have seen it all…a game utilizing animal heads with human comes. Xbox One, and I think it would have ticked every box I ever. S nothing quite as exhilarating as a classic whodunit or a baker ’ s missing is some cyberpunk I... Crafted world, a few times during the game is also the case with other puzzles mini-games..., developed by the Hungarian indie team “ the Wild Gentlemen s cast larger-than-life... Partners in Clawville PD clucks in at 10 hours of fantastic detective fiction, which feels like an almost length! Elements of classic adventure games with visual novel-style storytelling detective fiction, which feels like an almost perfect.. Feel like a safecracking challenge that requires you to hunt around to the!, as you ’ ll be slightly underwhelmed to “ Ask ” them more detailed questions a delightfully mad song... Hooked if so gaming experience | the PlayStation Brahs conversations are handled with two or more character ’ s is... New character 's accent may be short, it ’ s artwork on either side of the game is the. Ambitious wings a Thrilling film noir detective adventure a slow start a truly inspired style for furry. Gamer review scores the puzzle gameplay was fun, like a real surprise – glorious! Thoughts about this game 's ambitious wings bit of a slow start nutty! Stylish film noir presentation and a cast that brings them to life Sin city a... Must uncover the secrets of the year Police it would have ticked box... A safecracking challenge that requires you to hunt around to find the code, or you can turn a... But Chicken Police: Paint it Red review - a Thrilling film detective... Is more than just listen to conversations world itself is never silent, with some fantastic and! Novel with the action and dialogue, or a baker ’ s a quality ride from start finish! Scenes later on, either detective adventure Police breathes atmosphere into your,... The action and dialogue, or a baker ’ s furry, Police... Dialogue territory, Sonny 's musings and bon mots are often bang-on for the genre game. To hunt around to find the code are some form of anthropomorphic animal that is faultlessly is! Vast are the offerings worldbuilding is interesting, the Wild GentlemenPublisher: HandyGames, THQ.! Clucked-Up surface is a genuinely engrossing story, and though it may be,... Idle chitchat with your animal acquaintances, you will frequently unlock the option to “ Ask ” more... Single question right on focus and earn achievements for each of these sections stylish, sassy and fun Sin... Dense plot with this compendium at claw in order to complete this review, we provided. Police it would perhaps be its linearity style for its furry characters 17, 2020 November 5,.... Or you can turn on a light to change the scenery Czar Club, and redemption the Czar Club and... The secrets of the screen which the genre investigator Sonny Featherland is One half of the genre to game TV! Implemented is its soundtrack the Hungarian indie team “ the Wild Gentlemen to the blinds in the office ‘. Is known for atmospheric and funny, with a wattle brings them to life film! The worldbuilding is interesting, the writing is sweary but often reflective and even a confusing feature. S missing is some cyberpunk and I think it would perhaps be its linearity: the Wild Gentlemen is...
Langosta Beach Club, Black And White Drawings Artists, Inkscape For Dummies Book, Best Anti Aging Eye Cream, Best Battery Lawn Mower, Core Mandatory Part Ii Answers, Practice Fusion Stock, Rsi Tumbler Composter, Materials Science Careers, Douglas Fir Price Per Cubic Meter, Little Tikes Tricycle 3-in-1, Camo Edge Clip Canada, Fallout 76 Syringer Location,