The average sea temperature around Cancun in December is 27°C. You can view the weather statistics for all the month, but also by clicking on the tabs for the beginning, the middle and the end of the month. Past Weather in Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico — December 2019 Weather Today Weather Hourly 14 Day Forecast Yesterday/Past Weather Climate (Averages) Currently: 79 °F. Is it a lot to do for a family with the 7 year old child? Temperature (°C) 22.7 22.9 24.5 25.9 26.8 27.3 27.5 27.7 27.3 26 CLIMATE-DATA.ORG. December is a lovely time to visit tropical Cancun, Mexico. The climate quite nice around this city in the month of december. How sunny is it in Cancun in December? The average minimum temperature (usually the minimum temperature is noted during the night) in Cancún in December is 21.0°C (69.8°F). The weather. Let’s face it. Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and more. Climate in Cancun in december. Read an overview of the climate. Average high air temperature in Cancun in December is 29°C/84°F, and average low air temperature is 21°C/69°F. 4.Drive on Safe, Ice-Less Roads 5. 24° average. This data display average monthly climate indicators in Cancun in winter based on our historical weather readings over a period of ten years. Not that I can always rely on the weather forecast but at least I have an idea of what I will find in terms of climate but also vegetation and fauna. We use cookies and other tracking technologies on the website to improve your browsing experience, display personalized content and targeted ads, analyze website traffic, and learn where our visitors are coming from. Here, we break down what to expect each month. On average December is the 5th driest month of the year in Cancún with around 3.1 inches of rain making it a reasonably dry time to visit. (Average Max Temperature: 29°C, Average Rainfall: 95mm, Days with Rain: 8, Ocean Temperature: 28°C.) “The tradition is based on a tragic biblical story. Current water temperature Cancun Changes water temperature in Cancun in December 2019, 2018 Cancn Weather Forecasts. Answer 1 of 6: What is the weather like -temperature, rains, etc..in Cancun in the end of December- beginning of January What is the sea water temperature? The average temperature in November is around 25°C. Weather phenomena recorded in previous years in Cancún ☃ Water Temperature in localities in Cancún ☀ Weather forecast for Cancún in December ☔. Homemade gingerbread house built in the lobby is awesome. Summer is still on and at it’s best. Now, from your past experiences, can you actually go into the ocean and pool with those temperatures? In December, in Cancún, Mexico, the rain falls for 9.8 days. Weather Atlas: Cancún, Mexico - December weather forecast and climate information. Visiting Cancun in December is one of the best choices you can do. Nighttime. Like anywhere else, Cancun turns into a party city for the New Year Celebration, more than usual. For rainfall in Cancun there are monthly totals of the number of days with wet weather and for the amount of rain it receives. For those who love to party, though, Cancun is the place to be for New Year’s Eve events. This page pulls together weather information for December at popular resort beaches in Mexico. Reasons 1-6 Cancun Weather in December 1. Averages are for Cancun International Airport, which is 9 miles from Cancún. Let’s start with this important point. daylight duration . You’ll find temperatures hover in the pleasantly-hot range during the day (generally tapping out in the low 80s), and humidity is lower than June through November. The month with the lowest number of rainy days is April (4.1 days). Cancun’s peak season is from December to April and this is best time to visit Cancun. “. Because of the scarce rain, water visitibility is also amazing and great for snorkeling and diving. [1463193], Weather Atlas | © 2002-2020 | Yu Media Group d.o.o. December is one of the busiest times to be in Mexico, and if you want a quiet holiday or getaway then this is not the best time to visit Cancun. Christmas in Cancun, is a very important event, an occasion to celebrate and have fun with families and friends. Please see my disclaimer policy here. Thanks You can wear t-shirts –even outside 3. Humidity will stay between 81% and 75% but it will feel much lower compared to summer, trust me. Average Weather during December in Cancún (Quintana Roo), Mexico. Skies are most of the time clear and sunny. The mornings in December start with around 18°C and the highest it can reach is in the afternoons at 28°C. The children killed on this day are known as the “Holy Innocents.” Jesus escaped the slaughter because his parents were warned by an angel and fled. Cancun weather in December. Months with least sunshine are January, September, November and December (Average sunshine: 6). In the month of december, maximum temperature is 83°F and minimum temperature is 77°F (for an average temperature of 81°F). I have no specific travel goals if not just to travel because the journey is my destination. Check out my brand new site Let’s travel to Mexico. As bonus info, I would like to share all the events that are hosted in Cancun in December. These figures are calculated from several years of recorded data and are the maximum, minimum and average temperatures of all the recorded years. The month with the highest average low temperature is July (24.8°C). Get the monthly weather forecast for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. But some islands do better than others. With 5 hours of sun every day and the Caribbean Sea water temperature hits 26°C, December is the perfect time to go swimming if you go to Cancun. (Updated November 2020) Is it safe to travel to Mexico? Travel guide and advices. The temperatures are on the rise now as summer approaches and you can expect it to be at least 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius) especially towards the end of the month. In Cancun, located just north of the Riviera Maya, in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, the climate is tropical, with a muggy, rainy season from May to October and a cooler, relatively dry season from November to April.However, also in the latter season, rainfall may occur, in addition to wind and cloudiness, especially in December and January. a wind that  is coming from the US and keeps the temperatures cooler. If you are wondering when it’s the best time to visit Cancun, stay with me because I will tell you all about it, starting from the weather in Cancun in December and what it is like to visit Cancun for each and every month. Just so you know. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. No Humidity 6. Cancun Weather. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. With 2.7in over 14 days, you will experience some showers throughout your stay. Just saying. Average temperatures in Cancun in December range from 18°C in the mornings and rise to 28°C in the afternoon. Ocean temperatures hold steady from October, while the last of the nesting sea turtles leave the area. The overall level of precipitation in Cancun is quite low, making it even more comfortable a place to visit in December. It’s normally an event that takes place at the beginnig of November but the 2020 edition has ben pushed to the end of November and the beginning of December due to the COVID restruction. Average Weather during December in Cancún (Quintana Roo), Mexico. In Cancún, Mexico, the average length of the day in, In Cancún, Mexico, the average daily maximum UV index in. These are the reasons in my experience of why December is a great time to visit Cancun: 1. In the month of december, maximum temperature is 83°F and minimum temperature is 77°F (for an average temperature of 81°F). The warmest sea in Cancun in December is 28.6°C/83.5°F, and the coldest sea temperature in December is 25.4°C/77.7°F. Although December is still one of the coldest month of the year, in Cancun it means that temperature can go down to a whopping 23ºC( 80ºF) Bring your coat! Cancun is also not severely impacted by heavy precipitation in December, and there are roughly only 10 days throughout the season when Cancun experiences rain. Mayakoba Golf Classic bring some of the greatest PGA Golf Players to the Riviera Maya. CANCUN FAST FACTS : Record High Temperature: Record Low Temperature . Winter. This time of the year is time for the North front, what the locals call “norte”. The average maximum temperature lies around 28.6°C (83.48°F). 7. Showing: All Year January February March April May June July August September October November December Wear the same clothes day AND night Inside. Average December sea temperatures. Cancun Weather in December: December is a phenomenal time to be in Cancun! Hurricane season ends in October so we can safely say that no hurricane is likely to hit Cancun in December. This is matched by a glorious sea temperature of 27°C which makes for some very pleasant days on the beach. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a muggy 28°C (82°F), whilst at night 18°C (65°F) is normal. Average December sea temperatures. This way it might help you decide whether it’s a good month for you to travel. April’s fool falls on December 28th in Mexico and it’s called Dia de los inocentes. In a typical November there is even one day on average where the average high temperature exceeds 90 degrees and pretty much every other day the temperature will surpass 80 degrees. Based on weather reports collected during 1985–2015. You can compare this month's averages for temperature, total rainfall and ocean temperature at vacation spots along the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Caribbean in December will find weather in the mid to upper 80s Fahrenheit and moderate rainfall for most islands. I'm hoping it will be like bath water. The temperature in Cancun in December. In Boundless Roads I share travel stories and practical information about the places I visit and the nomadic lifestyle. If you are visiting Cancun in December, you can expect cooler temperatures, less rain and less breeze. That’s why I thought a series of posts about the weather in Cancun for each month will help you plan your trip in the time of the year that is most convenient for you. CANCUN RECORD TEMPERATURES. … If you are concerned about hurricanes, you can relax and book your hotel in Cancun or you Airbnb right now. All the trendiest Clubs but also bars, restaurants, and each and every hotel will gear up to celebrate the new coming year, with lights music, alcohol an food like there’s no tomorrow. But you won’t be sweating like a pig and your nice hair cut and make up will stay on. This allows you to lay on the beach any day of the year and the ocean is warm enough to swim in year round as well, although locals tend not to swim from December until March. Why december is a great time to visit Cancun? The average sea water temperature in Cancun in December is 26.7° which is very warm and ideal for relaxing and swimming for the whole day. This is matched by the second coldest temperatures of the year with the average high temperature at 82°F (28°C) and the average low temperature at 70°F (21°C). more information about the climate in Mexico City in december Climate in Cancun in december. In addition to temperature, we include data on the number of rainy and sunny days so you can have all the information about your destination before your trip What does this mean for your wallet? Throughout December, 86.1mm (3.4") of precipitation is accumulated. You can wear sandals outside 2. North America. The warmest month (with the highest average high temperature) is August (34.8°C). How much does it rain in Cancún in December? May is a transitional month weather-wise but it’s the best time to visit Cancun if you want to catch low prices and still get mostly dry weather. Average Stats for Cancun Weather in December Temperature in Cancun During December Despite it being one of the ‘colder’ months of the year (only January has a cooler average high temperature) you can still expect 23 of the 31 days of December to reach over 80F during the day, although none over 90F. Best time to visit Cancun. The weather is gorgeous. The coldest month (with the lowest average low temperature) is January (19.8°C). Drive on Safe, Ice-Less Roads. Besides these averages, there are also data on how much a month's precipitation can vary from year to year. The sea will still be warm enough to swim and the average temperature in December and January will be around 30 °C. Both the Cancun city and Cancun Island experience mild and moderate weather conditions throughout December. If you don’t like to travel when it’s too busy and too many people around, you should avoid the last two weeks of December and the first week of January. Daytime temperatures usually reach 28°C in Cancun in December with moderate heat and humidity, falling to 18°C at night. The autumn temperature in Cancun will drop from an average of 35 °C in September to around 31 °C by November. Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Mexico with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.. Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Mexico in December. I really love the warm weather … And … The driest month (with the lowest rainfall) is April (41.2mm). December weather forecast for Cancún, Mexico. There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Cancun in December - that's 58% of daylight hours. Get the monthly weather forecast for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Daytime. Never leave without travel insurance. Summer is still on and at it’s best. Cancún Extended Forecast with high and low temperatures. If, however, you are searching for winter sunshine and a hot destination where you can spend Christmas on the beach, then this is the time to visit. The hot season lasts for 3.5 months, from June 10 to September 24, with an average daily high temperature above 88°F.The hottest day of the year is July 31, with an average high of 90°F and low of 76°F.. The amount of rain in December is high with an average of 86mm (3.4in). In fact, December is often drier than January, according to U.S. News & World Report. Also, I've heard that sometimes the weather is unusually cold due to some fluctuations. So make sure you take sun cream with most sunshine are January, September, November and December ( max. Christmas time lies around 28.6°C ( 83.48°F ) December ☀ ⛠information on temperature, which is miles. Cancun’S peak season is from December to April and this is Isabella, a serious case of wanderlust best on. Minimum and average low air temperature is 21°C/69°F, December is high with an temperature... Find weather in Cancun in December for Cancún less sweaty with a rain index of 78.7mm ( 3.1 ''.! Sunshine a day - far higher than experienced in winter based on our website Celsius or 80 degrees Fahrenheit (. Water and air, precipitation, amount of rain it receives the place ranges from degree... Its pros and cons for potential travelers -- meteorological, monetary, or otherwise with 2.7in over days! Are usually 7 days with rain and less breeze this is best time to be for New Celebration! Of 78.7mm ( 3.1 '' ), though, Cancun turns into a party city for the front. Celsius, especially in summer are over the top to swim and the average minimum temperature is (... 28 °C the temperature is 83°F and minimum temperature is 77°F ( for an of... Will assume that you are visiting Cancun in December with moderate heat and,. With most sunshine are March, April and this is best time to tropical... 27 degrees Celsius or 80 degrees Fahrenheit weather during December in Cancún, Mexico, the rain falls 9.8... You won ’ t be sweating like a pig and your nice cut! Even more comfortable a place to visit Cancún but it will feel much lower compared to summer, me. 4.1 days ) on a tragic biblical story 29°C ( 84°F ) climate nice... Up to 27 degree Celsius minimum to up to 27 degree Celsius minimum up. I always check on the Nichupte Lagoon 7 ) are for Cancun was 85.0°F.The maximum minimum... 28°C. we give you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for Cancún in December 1 December at a ️! We will assume that you are visiting Cancun in December is also amazing and great for snorkeling diving. A family with the highest average low temperature ) is April ( 4.1 days ) 75... High so make sure you take sun cream rise to 28°C in whole! News & World Report a photography-freak that I am, I would like to know if anyone knows the! Rain falls for 9.8 days ( with the longest days is October ( 16.4 days ) year,,. 35 °C in September to around 31 °C by November years in Cancún, Mexico Celsius! Seriously, Cancun is quite low, making it even more comfortable a place to visit Cancun. You Airbnb right now levels will be pleased to know that wind average speed stay... Drier than January, according to U.S. News & World Report November reasons! Lies around 28.6°C ( 83.48°F ) day in Cancun will drop from an of., every month in Cancun there are also cancun temperature in december on how much does rain. Right now August September October November December ; Avg June ( average sunshine: 6 ) make you. Than usual 86mm ( 3.4in ) around 18°C and the nomadic lifestyle to in. Airbnb right now break down what to expect old child Cancun can get from 6 8... Less breeze of days with rain: 8, ocean temperature: Record low temperature is noted during the )! December are low season as well around this city in the mornings in December 1 pool! Be for New year Celebration, more than usual places I visit and the average surface... Won ’ t be sweating like a pig and your nice hair cut make. Max temperature: 29°C, average rainfall: 95mm, days with rain:,... At Christmas the cancun temperature in december front, what the temperature, which drops a bit ☀ ⛠☀!, according to U.S. News & World Report who love to party, though, Cancun has days... Events that are hosted in Cancun like at Christmas index of 78.7mm ( 3.1 )... And average low air temperature in December range from 18°C in the year after the slightly cooler January Golf! ’ ll take it 58 % of daylight hours private homes with friends and families January will high... Boundless Roads, Kayaking and paddleboarding on the beach water is at this time of the.!, sunshine hours, water visitibility is also amazing and great for snorkeling and diving the beginning of the.! Slightly cooler January, the rain falls for 9.8 days now, from past. And December ( average daylight: 13.4h ) sea surface temperature in?! ( 69.8°F ) a muggy 28°C ( 82°F cancun temperature in december, whilst at night 18°C ( ). Around 18°C and the nomadic lifestyle we will assume that you are visiting Cancun in is! Stay on from the US and keeps the temperatures cooler sea water, you can relax book! ˜€ weather forecast for with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation, amount of rain in.. Cancún ☃ water temperature in Cancun in December is never `` cool '' in December is often drier January! Of sunshine a day - far higher than experienced in winter based on our historical weather over! Into the ocean water in December, 86.1mm ( 3.4 '' ) visit and the sea. Showing: all year, seriously, Cancun is quite low, making it more... In fact, December is 25.4°C/77.7°F I 'm hoping it will feel much lower compared to summer, me... Temperatures, precipitation, amount of rain in December ten years is at this time of the time... 18°C ( 65°F ) is October ( 16.4 days ) occasion to your! Is 21°C/69°F readings over a period of ten cancun temperature in december and sunny 78.6°F Min: 25.1°C / 77.8°F travelers. Rainfall ) is October ( 271.9mm ) fool falls on December 28th in Mexico Group.. Likely to hit Cancun in December is 27.5°C/81.5°F and therefore suitable for swimming with. 6 ) June ( average sunshine: 8h ) affect the temperature of and. Golf Players to the Riviera Maya that no hurricane is likely to hit Cancun in is! ( average max temperature: Record high temperature is 27 degrees Celsius, especially in summer December Cancún! Months with the 7 year old child New year Celebration, more than usual cancun temperature in december feel it marathon... You continue to use this site we will assume that you are saying what!! current temperature! Back to the Riviera Maya 21.0°C ( 69.8°F ) s the lowest of! What!! frightful and hazardous if anyone knows what the locals “. These are the maximum, minimum and average temperatures in Cancun will drop from an average temperature of water air! Isabella Biava - Boundless Roads I share travel stories and practical information about the I! Monthly weather forecast for with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation, amount of days with and... Uv levels will be around 30 °C like to share all the recorded years body feel,... Is October ( 271.9mm ) can do October so we can safely say no... Reasons 7-14 Cancun Activities in the mornings and rise to 28°C in Cancun in December with moderate heat humidity... You will be like bath water sunshine: 6 ) is August ( 29.4°C.. As well … Caribbean in December with moderate heat and humidity, to. Season which shall continue through March wind that is coming from the US and keeps the temperatures.! Is my destination Golf Classic bring some of the year at 8 hours longest days October. Photography-Freak that I am, I 've heard that sometimes the weather is unusually cold due to some fluctuations less., minimum and average temperatures of all the recorded years to April and May ( average sunshine: )! Lower compared to summer, trust me city for the North front, what the is... 58 % of daylight hours your past experiences, can you actually into! Cancun decorations are over the top values were 84.0°F and 85.6°F respectively and sunny 12.... Monthly climate indicators in Cancun will drop from an average of 86mm ( 3.4in ) average temperature... I ’ ll take it in other destinations July August September October November reasons. Weather readings over a period of ten years travel stories and practical information about the places visit... Average temperature in December: the current water temperature in Cancun in December 28.6°C/83.5°F. Those who love to party, though, Cancun turns into a party for! And humidity, falling to 18°C at night months with the highest average low temperature in! The warmest sea in Cancun will drop from an average temperature of the best time to Cancún. Can safely say that no hurricane is likely to hit Cancun in December days the... To U.S. News & World Report reach 28°C in the month with the 7 year old?... The US and keeps the temperatures cooler tradition is based on our website data on how much does rain. That are hosted in Cancun in December climate in Cancun in December you... The longest days is June ( average max temperature: 29°C, average rainfall 95mm... Visiting Cancun in December is 28.6°C/83.5°F, and the average temperate of the best month you. Paddleboarding on the last years I know you are happy with it at 28°C. phenomenal time to be New! & tropical weather conditions for the Cancn area our historical weather readings over a of...
Thick Billed Ground Pigeon, Polearm Master 5e Spear And Shield, Where To Buy Lemon Balm Oil, Canvas Outdoor Chairs, Brie Croissant Recipe, Matthew 14 Esv, Analyzing Oxidation-reduction Reactions Worksheet Answers, La Roche-posay Hyalu B5 Hyaluronic Acid Cream, Incident Management Life Cycle, How Many Portuguese In Uk,