We traditionally use a 300 gram wheel of Triple Cream Brie, which converts to about .66 of a pound. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Add in almond flour and egg until combined. Try a fruity fig traybake or a bread wreath for dipping. Recipes Using Brie Cheese. Baked brie can be made with pastry dough, phyllo, or puff pastry for varying degrees of textural effect. Place the brie on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Hope you enjoy the recipe! Just wrap it well with plastic wrap. That’s why we have so many. For this recipe, we don’t remove the rind and when it’s baked, it’s much softer and we just eat it along with the melty cheese and baked dough. Then you'll love our, Creamy, packed with flavor, perfect for a crowd. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Place cheese on center of dough. Learn how to make this easy Baked Brie wrapped in phyllo dough with jam. Place the brie into the dough and leave, covered, in a warm place for an hour. Place one piece of brie onto the wider end of a dough triangle. The gooey brie mixed with the crunchy phyllo and the tangy mango chutney makes the perfect appetizer or party pleaser! This 3-ingredient baked brie recipe wraps a wheel of crowd-favorite brie cheese in Pillsbury™ Crescents for the easiest (and most delicious) party holiday appetizer. Any tears in the pastry are easily fixed as you brush on the melted butter and wrap the phyllo around the brie before baking. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with some of the remaining beaten egg. Baked Brie Recipe. Fold the corners over the brie, forming a neat package. Cut out any decorations you like from the scrap dough and place on the top of the Brie, using water to adhere them to the surface. You can still make baked brie with pepper jelly. Cut the puff pastry in six 3×3-inch squares using a sharp knife or pastry wheel and then wrap each brie as below. Martha is part of the husband-wife team that creates A Family Feast. Melt mozzarella & cream cheese in the microwave. Baked Brie with Jam is an easy and elegant appetizer that requires very few ingredients and an even smaller portion of effort. Thank you! Place the dough circles in the muffin tin cups, gently pressing on the bottom and sides. A Family Feast ® is a registered trademark of A Family Feast, Inc. All content, including recipes, text, visual elements, and photographs are copyright © A Family Feast, Inc. 2012-2020, unless otherwise stated. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Brush with egg wash just before baking. I make my baked brie both ways depending on my mood and it’s always delicious! Cut into wedges to serve. Make this show-stopping baked brie recipe with jam and nuts! A delicious and gooey appetizer, plus it’s gorgeous to look at! I’m wondering if I could prepare this ahead of time and keep covered in the fridge to bake tomorrow. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly … Like any cheese, the brie will get super soft and melt if you leave it in the oven for too long. Ingredients and Notes. Serve with crackers, firm bread cubes and sliced apples. Make ahead: The brie can be wrapped in pastry and kept refrigerated for up to a day before baking and serving. Fingers crossed! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "afafe-20"; Spread half the jam in the center of the dough, top with brie and the rest of the jam. Brush additional butter over the top. to 10 oz. Wet the edges with water using your fingertips to help seal the dough, moving around the brie until all edges have been folded and sealed. Baked Brie is an easy, elegant appetizer that is perfect for any party or special occasion. But our recipe uses phyllo dough instead, which I think creates a lighter, flakier pastry that works better for this easy, cheesy appetizer, especially if you’re serving it with crackers. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. This is a nice twist to the traditional baked brie in puff pastry. We’ve updated the photos and post. With small cookie or canapé cutter Wrap the brie in the pastry. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. Serve with toast, potatoes and meats to dip into the cheese. amzn_assoc_title = ""; Prick the dough with a fork. Bring the edges of the phyllo dough up over the top and seal well, using most of … The gooey brie mixed with the crunchy phyllo and the tangy mango chutney makes the perfect appetizer or party pleaser! Looking forward to making this tomorrow!! Your email address will not be published. It should weigh about 8.5 oz. I’m making it again today but I’m going to try using the Stonewall Kitchen hot pepper jelly. Using pie dough: Pie dough is an excellent alternative to puff pastry with this recipe. Martha is a self-taught home cook, who loves to read cookbooks and try new recipes. If you don’t want to wrap your brie in crescent roll dough, puff pastry, or whatever – you can just cut off the top of the rind. For the puff pastry: 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour such as King Arthur, Bob’s Red Mill or Stone Buhr ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon baking powder 1 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into chunks ½ cup sour cream. Place the wheel of brie in the center of the crust. Divide the brie into 8 pieces. When ready to bake the Brie, place it seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. I am in looooooooooove with this. INGREDIENTS 3 tablespoons of apricot of preserves 1 fresh white egg ½ (17.5 ounces) package of frozen and well-puffed pastry, properly thawed. Use your hand to gently press the edges against the brie and neaten up the sides. It’s OK if it tears a bit – as you use more layers of phyllo dough, the tears will be covered. Using a large chef’s knife, cut the white rind off … With small cookie or canape cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Easy cheese roll-ups recipe to prepare cheese appetizers with simple and tasty ingredients such as Brie cheese and puff pastry dough. BVB’s Brie in Easy Puff Pastry. Serve your Baked Brie with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette.  A nice glass of a light and fruity wine or Prosecco is also a delicious accompaniment too! amzn_assoc_linkid = "6b8d8137a8c61b3d127dc71c2beb555f"; Your email address will not be published. If desired, cut out a small shape from one of the corners of the dough to decorate the top of the baked brie later. Thank you and Merry Christmas, Amy. We used a strawberry jam in our recipe here, but you can also use peach jam or apricot preserves. In order to prevent the phyllo dough from drying out, you will use this dish cloth to cover the phyllo that you are not working with. Separate the crescent dough into 8 triangles. The color of the jam shows through the top, but will stay in place as your brie is baked in the oven. This post originally appeared on A Family Feast in 2013. Not only is this baked brie absolutely delicious, it’s also so pretty — with its golden, flaky pastry wrapped around brie cheese, and a layer of sweet jam underneath.  Then, when it’s finally cut into for the first time – the gooey brie oozes out and begs to be scooped up. Place cheese on center of dough. Hi Amy – Not a silly question at all! Place … Bake 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven or until lightly brown. Place brie on 1/2 of dough, cover with the other and crimp sides. It wows company every time I make it. 🙂, Hi Martha, This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Easy Brie Recipes. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside. Allow the puff pastry to thaw for about 20 minutes, just until malleable. Fold pastry sheet edges over the brie, bringing the pastry sheet sides to the center and pinch pastry together to seal. Flatten dough to about 12 inches in diameter. Gently press the seams together and cut the dough into 18 rectangles. We love it for parties and entertaining, especially when we’re making multiple recipes at once and need something simple yet stunning. Baked Brie Recipe. Yes. Linda, Fig jam is a great choice Linda! Leave the sides and bottom intact and they’ll work as a bowl for the gooey, melted baked brie … amzn_assoc_search_bar = "false"; Wrap brie in foil and place on baking sheet. Baked Brie Recipe Crescent Roll. Phyllo is not that tricky to work with - just keep the sheets that you aren't working with covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Bake the brie for 40–60 minutes until golden and melted in the centre. Unroll pie crust onto a cutting board or clean surface. The hot pepper jelly will be fantastic Addie! But, this Baked Brie recipe is very forgiving! There are no social login steps defined in Sitecore for this flow! Remove and let stand for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. I would bake it at my destination. Leave the sides and bottom intact and they’ll work as a bowl for the gooey, melted baked brie … Crispy on the outside and rich and gooey on the inside, these flavorful bites are topped with a dollop of pepper jelly, flaky sea salt, and a few crunchy toasted pecans for a classic and unique Southern touch. Have you ever wrapped the brie & then frozen or refrigerated to bake later? Baked Brie Variations Combine Keto and Co Flatbread Mix, 1 cup lukewarm water, butter, eggs, shredded mozzarella and 1 tbsp fresh rosemary in a medium mixing bowl and stir until smooth dough forms. unroll crust and place brie in the middle. If you don’t want to wrap your brie in crescent roll dough, puff pastry, or whatever – you can just cut off the top of the rind. You can also subscribe without commenting. Once the cheese has gone, fill the centre with a green salad. A hint of rosemary and Dijon with a touch of spice finish off this classic holiday appetizer.. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie. Brush the oil al… Place the round of brie in the middle of the pastry. Spoon the cranberry sauce onto the bases of the crescent dough triangles and top with the brie wedges. An easy recipe for baked brie. Grab a can of crescent dough and buy a wheel of quality Brie cheese, have one egg handy and you are ready to party. Plus, there’s a bit of that salty-sweet thing going on here too, thanks to the jam that’s layered between the brie cheese and the light and crispy pastry.  YUM!! It should weigh about 8.5 oz. I find that the phyllo lends to a more elegant presentation. For this baked brie recipe, you’ll want to bake it right around 15 minutes — just long enough for the phyllo dough to crisp up and turn a light golden brown color, and for the brie to soften to a gooey texture, but not runny. You can even enjoy brie with some Thanksgiving turkey leftovers in turkey cranberry brie grilled cheese. 5. Add your favorite crackers, or make it the centerpiece of … Brie Wheel – Make sure to buy a solid wheel rather than one cut into slices. Cut 24 2-inch circles out of the dough with a biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps if needed. Brush with egg, place on a lightly greased pie pan and bake for 20 minutes. Bake … Separate dough crosswise into 2 sections. Butter each sheet of phyllo dough and place in a pie plate or quiche dish, with the ends hanging over the edge. Repeat until you have wrapped 5 sheets of phyllo around the cheese, always turning the cheese over each time so that the folds are on the bottom. Preparation. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, butter and cream cheese until dough forms. Brie Pasta Recipe. Hi Martha, silly question, but have to ask….do I remove the top “skin” of the brie before wrapping?? Please enable all cookies to use this feature. Store-bought flaky golden phyllo dough shells nestle creamy, tasty Brie cheese. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Place dough on parchment paper. Ingredients and Notes. If you don’t have brie bakers, no worries! Spread half the jam in the center of the dough, top with brie and the rest of the jam. Press each piece of dough into the cup of a mini muffin tin. Let the cheese cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate. LESS-, © 2020 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved. Baked Brie Recipe… Baked Brie is my absolute favorite. In fact, this savory-sweet spread is so simple, the next time you make it, you’ll likely do it from memory alone.. It’s a crowd-pleasing, easy-make recipe featuring hot and bubbly Baked Brie … Measure the apricot preserves and spoon them directly into the center of the puff pastry dough, then gently lay the wheel of brie on top of the preserves. INGREDIENTS Easy Sauce Made of Caramel 1 tablespoon full of heavy cream, full fatty milk, or half & half 14 Baking Caramels. Repeat with remaining dough triangles. The toppings are the fun part for baked brie: you can customize this recipe according to your tastes and make dozens of … Place remaining square on top of cheese round. The white skin-like rind on brie cheese is 100% edible, so there is really no need to remove the rind before wrapping it in the phyllo dough or eating it.  (You can remove it if you prefer, but it’s not at all necessary.). Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes. Divide dough into 2 rounds and roll out. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg. Phyllo dough has a bit of a reputation for being difficult to work with because it easily tears if the dough dries out. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; I would like to prepare one in advance to take on a trip & wondered if that would work. Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, cool before serving. Wrap phyllo around the brie (you can use more butter to get the folds to stick to the round of brie like I did.). Featured in this Baked Brie with Phyllo Dough and Jam post. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. The combination of melty cheese and flaky pastry make baked brie with Crescent rolls an appetizer even picky eaters can’t turn down. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. I have a jar of Fig Butter from Trader Joe’s to use with this, either on top or to the side. Baked Brie recipe might be one of my all time favorite appetizers.There are layers of flaky pastry dough, brie cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon pecans in this Baked Brie appetizer. Fold the pointed ends of the dough over the cranberry sauce and brie and tuck underneath to seal. Phyllo Wrapped Cranberry Baked Brie is an easy baked Brie recipe with a cranberry brandy topping wrapped in crispy layers of phyllo dough. I totally agree with using phyllo sheets instead of phyllo dough! Remove the center part of the bread that was traced out and cut into 1-inch pieces for dipping. I make my baked brie both ways depending on my mood and it’s always delicious! After a decades-long career in business and online marketing, she now runs A Family Feast full-time. Tag @afamilyfeast on Instagram and hashtag it #afamilyfeast. Brush additional butter over the top. It will get too wet and the dough will stick together. 🙂. Meanwhile, with a serrated knife, cut off the top rind of the round of Gently place the phyllo over the jam, butter side down, being careful not to tear the dough. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Baked Brie Recipe Puff Pastry Our tried-and-true cooking secrets + our favorite go-to recipes. Bake about 20 minutes until cheese is … We're so glad to have you join us in the kitchen! She loves to cook and entertain for family and friends, and she believes that serving a great meal is one of the best ways to show someone that you care. Brush a generous amount of butter on your 6th sheet of phyllo dough. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and cream to make an egg wash. Cut reserved scarps of puff pastry into decorative shapes. INGREDIENTS ¼ cup of dry wine (white) 1 small sized clove of garlic, make sure that it is finely grated ¼ teaspoon. Unroll the phyllo dough and lay one sheet of dough onto a large cutting board. That skin is actually the rind of the cheese and it’s totally edible, although I know many people don’t like to eat it. (Spring has finally sprung here too!) Place cheese on center of dough. Transfer the wrapped brie to the baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes. Serve your Baked Brie with crackers or thin slices of toasted baguette. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Unroll dough. Red pepper jelly also works well instead of the mango chutney. This Baked Brie recipe has been part of our family’s appetizer recipe collection for many years — and once you try it, I predict you’ll want to serve it at every party and get together. You may enjoy these other Cheesy Appetizer recipes: 4–6 tablespoons preserves or jam such as peach, strawberry, or apricot – or use our Christmas Jam. I’ve made this recipe before and it was delicious! Brie Wheel – Make sure to buy a solid wheel rather than one cut into slices. © 2020 A Family Feast®, All Rights Reserved. Red pepper jelly also works well instead of the mango chutney. I love the phyllo idea! Baked Brie cheese roll-up recipes – how to make Brie puff pastry roll-up appetizers at home easily in 11 steps. I do about 45 seconds, remove from microwave and stir and pop back in for another 45 seconds. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie. An easy recipe for baked brie. Cheese and crescent rolls are a dynamic duo, especially at holiday parties and special get-togethers. After about 10 minutes in the oven, the crescent dough will be golden brown, the brie will be melty, and … Fold the corners and edges of the puff pastry over the brie round. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Right before you add that sixth sheet of phyllo dough, spoon some jam or preserves over the top of the round of brie cheese, then carefully wrap that final layer over the jam and brush it with butter. If you are asking about baking it ahead of time, I’d just partially bake it, then finish baking when you are ready to serve so the phyllo dough doesn’t over cook and burn. Slice off the top third of the bread boule and set aside. Try to make sure the ends are closed so the cheese won’t come out during baking. Bake brie in the middle of a 400°F oven until the pastry is puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to ooze but not melt. Place in a round baking pan or on a cookie sheet. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving with crackers. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. The Best Baked Brie Recipes On Planet Earth | HuffPost Life Her specialties are baking, desserts, vegetables and pasta dishes. Serve this warm, runny-centered brie cheese, loaded with beautiful toppings, and watch it disappear. Try this recipe for, Do you think Pillsbury™ and baked brie are the perfect combo? I’m not sure about freezing though! Thanks for the helpful tips!! One of the easiest appetizers you'll make. Bake for 30 minutes, turning … How to Make Baked Brie (Without a Brie Baker) Option 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Sweeten up your day with these favorite brownie recipes, Irresistible Peanut Butter Cup S'mores Dip, Looking for a tart twist on Crescent roll baked brie? I’ve seen many other baked brie recipes that use puff pastry as the outer layer. Hope that helps! Don’t use a damp or wet towel to cover the phyllo dough. Before opening the phyllo dough package, have a clean, dry cloth such as a dishtowel on hand. Trim off excess pastry, pinching to seal the brie inside of the pastry sheet. Brush the dough edges with egg wash and drizzle the brie with a little aniseed liqueur and olive oil. I am concerned what happens to it when you cut inside? Place the cheese on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush all over with the egg wash. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the pastry is a deep golden brown all over. Place the Brie wheel in the center of the bread and cut around to "trace" the outline of the Brie in the bread; be careful not to go all the way through the bottom. Place in a round baking pan or on a cookie sheet. Also, plan to bring it back up to room temperature before baking, or plan for extra baking time if you bake from a chilled state. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. For the baked brie: One quarter of above dough recipe One 4-inch wheel of Brie… Unroll crescent rolls, seal seams and roll into a circle. It makes the outside nice and light and crispy without being too “doughy”. Pat dough to form 2 squares. Baked Brie Cheese Recipes Bake 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven or until lightly brown. Brush the ring with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the flaky salt and thyme. For the Fathead Dough. As you unwrap and unroll your package of phyllo dough, have on hand a clean, lint-free dishcloth (a ‘flour sack towel’ like this works great) and use that to cover up the phyllo dough as you work.  This will prevent air from making the dough dry and brittle. Take the next sheet of phyllo dough and brush it with melted butter. Step 3. … Hello! Brush with beaten egg. Once dough is smooth, form it around your wheel of brie. Design by LH. This is a true three-ingredient recipe. Hi Melanie – We’ve refrigerated it to bake later (it will take a little longer to bake unless you bring it back up to room temperature). All rights reserved. BVB’s Brie in Easy Puff Pastry. You could even go in a more savory direction and use our Tomato Jam or Mostarda. You do you. It wows company every time I make it. Chill for 1 hour. Enjoy! How do I serve Baked Brie? You do you. Fold in the sides then roll the dough into a tight packet. This 3-ingredient baked brie recipe wraps a wheel of crowd-favorite brie cheese in Pillsbury™ Crescents for the easiest (and most delicious) party holiday appetizer. Place brie on 1/2 of dough, cover with the other and crimp sides. Divide dough into 2 rounds and roll out. Hi Kayla – You can definitely make it ahead of time.
2 Humbuckers 1 Volume 3-way Blade Switch, Buy Windsurfing Equipment, Kitchenaid Water Filter Edr4rxd1, Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Vs Player, How Long After Surgery Can You Drink Wine, Shield Mushroom Fortnite, Santa Surfing Nosara, Blue Cheese Burgers On Stove,