For further details, please contact our helpline at 1-888-909-6757 or send us an email to info@greenworkstools.com. No, you cannot use a 60v battery in place of the 80v battery. GreenWorks MO40L02 G-MAX 40V 21″ Self-Propelled Dual Port Mower. Product Overview. Hence my suggestion is that Greenworks 80v lawn mower wins the contest with ease.The Greenworks 40v and 80v lawn mowers are fitted with detachable batteries which is a good feature provided in the machine. deck measures 21-inches and you get a battery storage compartment if needed to store an extra battery… Use Code CYBERWEEK at Checkout – *Exclusions Apply. Close. Power your Greenworks Pro 80V arsenal with this 2.5 Ah Lithium-Ion battery. Will the Kobalt battery work in the Atlas mowers? I want to stick with an all electric line of lawncare tools. Greenworks Pro 80V 18-Inch Cordless Chainsaw, 2Ah Li-Ion Battery and Charger Included GCS80420,Green/Black 4.5 out of 5 stars 693 $267.22 $ … You can now buy the Kobalt version at Lowe's with a charger and 2 2Ah batteries for only $499, which is much cheaper than the same setup on the Greenworks version. The steel . No. With batteries larger than 2.5Ah, we would advise caution when using in a chainsaw as the weight of the unit with battery could difficult to manage. 80v tools are also targeted at the pros, while 40v tools are for regular folks. I asked about batteries at Lowes, not these lawnmower batteries but hand tools. Considering this, are Ryobi and Greenworks batteries interchangeable? It takes about 20 to 30 hours to completely clear the ground of leaves and pine needles twice a year. 8 Comments. This battery is currently unavailable. I just bought a house(yay?!) The answer is yes and no. … Kobalt 80V batteries would easily work in the Greenworks 80V mower once modified and still operate their original tools. https://www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-tool/battery-chargers/80v-battery. Are DeWalt 20v Batteries Interchangeable with Black and Decker? GreenWorks Pro 80V 2 Ah, 4 Ah or 5 Ah Replacement Battery . Looking forward to enjoying it for a long time. Apparently the batteries are not interchangeable between Kobalt and Greenworks. interchangeable mounting holes with water bottle holder, or use regular clamps to mount on bike frame. dedicate adapter to fit on common bicycle frame. I’m 66 yr women with a torn rotator cuff and it is super easy to handle, really nice cut, no stragglers left behind. The batteries and chargers look identical, but they have jerrymandered the slide guide-slots to differ by about 2mm, which renders them incompatible. Every one needs a backup if the job runs a little long. The lady said quite a few batteries are "almost" identical, and she's heard of people cutting off tabs, cutting slots, etc, but you will lose your warranty. 80V 2.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss, On-board LED fuel indicator provides your remaining power on demand, Rapidly charges to full capacity in just 30 minutes, Compatible with 20+ Greenworks Pro 80V tools, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, 80V 2.5 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss, Rapidly charges to full capacity in just 45 minutes. The Greenworks lineup features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V tools, allowing you to ditch your gas tools for an innovative, eco-friendly alternative. Hello there, The Greenworks 60 Volt Battery does come with an onboard battery life indicator, so you know exactly where you are in terms of battery life. There is one small different in the grooves on the side of the battery. For larger batteries, maybe, but have a look first and see if you can cut - whatever - without weakening the shell. So you either have to modified the groove in the kobalt battery or the bump in the greenworks battery slot. In terms of hedge trimmer, we may only hope that 80v series … Hello Dave59, The Greenworks Pro lithium-ion batteries powers any 80 V Greenworks Pro cordless power equipment, axial leaf blower, backpack leaf blower, mower, trimmer and chainsaw. And nearly the same externally. Short charging time with 30 minutes provides enough power for 40 mins working time. Battery life and Runtime . When you look closely, though, you can see that batteries from Snapper, Greenworks, Kobalt, Powerworks, and Victa are all very similar. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. That being said, the drill batteries are interchangeable within that certain manufacturer. However, the 2.0Ah battery model GBA80200 will be available by the end of June. Maybe Lowes plans on re-labeling their 80V line as Craftsman in the near future … and if they were SMART making the batteries interchangeable as to not piss-off all their existing Kobalt 80V customers, many that have quite possibly … i bought the Kobalt 80v battery operated and looking at comparisons it’s fantastic! The battery is also quite versatile, and it can be used in more than twenty outdoor Greenworks power equipment that uses 80V batteries. Description. So, in this case they are interchangeable. Add to Cart + Add to My List. Greenworks and Kobalt batteries are compatible, but you have to alter the case or the tool to make them fit. Use this high performance lithium-ion battery with Atlas™ 80v tools for ultimate power and performance. No, the batteries will not be interchangeable. Greenworks 80v is a lighter device and also increases the stability and power of the lawn mower. Only Greenworks batteries, chargers and machines of the same voltage are compatible and interchangeable. Common Battery Questions: Do Greenworks batteries work with Ryobi? Yes, the same is true across the brands that Global Tools manufactures, including Kobalt batteries on Greenworks tools, as long as you stay within the same voltage family of tools. In the meantime we do have the 2.0Ah battery available: The first ever multi-power battery … 40v ones come both in 2aH and 4aH. It was easy to cut the necessary grooves into the sides using a rotary tool. 2.5Ah Battery- GBA80250 Questions - page 2, loc_en_US, sid_2901702, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)], loc_en_US, sid_2901702, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]. Firstly, a major problem about the lithium-ion battery is usually the battery life span and runtime. If you may be adding other Greenworks tools later, I’d choose the 60V or 80V option. In this post, I am giving you a tutorial ... Read More about How to Use Greenworks Batteries in Kobalt Tools. Check Price at Amazon . The 2.0 Ah battery fully charges at 30 minutes, which I found impressive for 144 watt hour battery. It is not compatible. Hello michaeljamesca, In terms of runtime, this is what we would call mediocre. Greenworks and Kobalt batteries are incompatible out of the box, but they can be made compatible with a few minor modifications. Posted by 1 year ago. This depends on just how “dead” the battery actually is but there are ways to essentially jumpstart a yard tool battery … .noScriptDisplayLongText { display : block; } Now let’s take a look at the Greenworks 80 Volt Battery, which is quite similar to the 60 volt option. We do advise for our larger units (mowers) to use a 4.0Ah battery for optimal runtime. Hello there, Greenworks 80V batteries, chargers and machines are largely compatible and interchangeable, the main difference between the 2Ah and 4Ah batteries would be the run-time in a unit. GreenWorks claims the coming 360Wh 5.0 Ah battery will charge in 70 minutes and the 460Wh 6.4 Ah battery … Hello there, Thats about as much as my broken body can handle at a time, so this works out perfectly for me. Will this work with the Kobalt 80V 2.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery as well that you can purchase from Lowes? Kobalts proprietary, so it is slightly modified at the batteries outside case so they can not be innerchanged. A gigantic necessity for this time of year when the leaves are coming down faster than normal. This battery is currently out of stock. Greenworks rebrands their 80v tools for Kobalt but makes slight changes to the battery/tool housings so the batteries are not interchangeable between brands. Save $90.00. Select the department you want to search in. Get the Greenworks … There is a difference in the groove on the battery, the kobalt is a bit higher. Les batteries au Lithium-ion 80V maintiennent une puissance constante durant le cycle entier; Se recharge à tout moment sans effet de mémoire, recharge complète en 75 minutes ; Témoin lumineux sur la batterie pour une vérification rapide du niveau de charge; Convient à tous les outils Greenworks de 80 V; Compatible avec le chargeur 80V … Finally, when it comes to the battery life of the Greenworks Pro 80V, the battery and the charger are not included, which is a definite drawback. Greenworks 2502202 Pro 21-Inch 80V Push Cordless Lawn Mower, Battery and Charger Not Included. There are people who are modifying their equipment for this exact reason and all seems well after the modifications. At this point I have invested too heavily into their system to walk away, but I would recommend buying Kobalt instead. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I bought the Greenworks backpack leaf blower. Archived. The Greenworks G-Max 40v units are interchangeable within the G-Max 40v line. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. The recalled models are the Greenworks G-Max 25302 and Kobalt KM2040X-06. The fact that is takes less than 30 minutes to charge fully is a big big plus. 10. Greenworks has used state of the art technology to manufacture this battery. Can I charge a Kobalt 40V 4Ah battery in a 5Ah charger ? These two brands are battery-powered. October 31, 2020 by James. Hello Michael, No, they are not interchangeable. Which is better? Kobalts proprietary, so it is slightly modified at the batteries outside case so they can not be innerchanged. • Expensive than some of the older Kobalt batteries. No, the Greenworks and Ryobi batteries are not interchangeable. Where other batteries have failed, this one has been great for the last couple of months. He's very very happy. It came with one battery that will last me approximately 25 minutes if I don't use turbo. With this extra battery I will get about an hour of continuous run time. Get the 80v if you looking for an 18 inch guide bar, or an included charger and battery. The internals of the batteries are the same. This blower is cutting that time in half and I don't feel fatigued AT ALL like I do when I use a rake. It delivers fade-free power with a faster charge, more power & more runtime. Greenworks 60V Mower. The battery also … I'm an old disabled man living on an acre in the forest of northern California. Greenworks PRO is a perfect 80V battery when you need more power for your large yard and garden. Battery: As we have mentioned before, an 80V Li-ion battery powers this lawnmower. Cal Fire is becoming aggressive about inspecting property for fire hazard and writing property owners their reports on what needs to be done for fire prevention. I'd probably modify mine, but I'm an Engineer so I know what to check. I notice a lot look almost identical. Greenworks 2901702 at $199.99. Install the battery in an Atlas™ 40v tool and it intelligently switches voltage, giving up to 2X runtime over a 40v 2.5 Ah battery. Can I revive a dead Greenworks battery? This battery will be compatible with all GreenWorks units in the 80v line including the mowers. Yes, all GreenWorks 80v chargers can charge all GreenWorks 80v batteries regardless of the size. But due to the technologies and innovations made to these green works battery, it gives a longer battery … With batteries larger than 2.5Ah, we would advise caution when using in a chainsaw as the weight of the unit with battery … Both the Greenworks 60v and the Greenworks 80v are feature packed, powerful, and high-value battery chainsaws. Other than that groove, the batteries are exactly the same. Hello Countryboy85, ( Example copied for hedge trimmer: Tool Only: Compatible Only with Greenworks Gen1 20V 2.6 AH And 6.0 AH Batteries… This 2.5Ah battery is a small size given the power output, used in my chainsaw and leaf blower, great power, got 2 of them, highly recommended. Pines and oaks fill my property. The 2Ah battery weighs 1.8lbs or .8kg. For serious cord-free gardening power, look at the 80-volt battery range from Greenworks. We have seen plenty of people put a 12V battery in a 14.4 Volt drill, both of which are manufactured by Dewalt. However, using a single fully charged 2 ah battery, you can get around 45 minutes of runtime out of it. This and a chainsaw are must have tools where I live. Craftsman does not have an 80V line, so IMO their 60V is not in direct competition. ©2020 Greenworks Tools All Rights Reserved, 500 S Main St #450Mooresville, NC 28115United States of America. https://www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-tool/battery-chargers/80v-battery 80V Batteries and Chargers. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I just tried. Both walk-behind mowers have 40-volt lithium-ion batteries. .noScriptNotDisplayExpander { display : none; } Hello LynnW As a part of the 80V series of Kobalt outdoor power equipment, the battery is interchangeable with the 80V mower, blower, and string trimmer. 80v series . During that time I purchased 4 Greenworks 80v tools and four 80v batteries. and have to now start collecting lawn equipment. double speed of your ebike. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Should you buy into the 80V or 40V battery system? Sally Heller April 6, 2020 at 9:42 am. They came up within an extremely popular FlexVolt platform since then. However, the battery is only a 2.5Ah. One battery, two voltage settings. Click to see full answer. Instead of modifying the tools, I modified the batteries so they can be used in either Kobalt or Greenworks tools and chargers. GreenWorks 40V vs 60V vs 80V. For small batteries probably not worth it. This battery is a perfect backup. He can't believe how powerful is leaf blower is, as well as lightweight. My husband has been using this for his leaf blower. The 80-volt is the top range of batteries … 10 COMMENTS. No. Greenworks refused to offer even a partial warranty, or any kind of rebate. Likewise, are greenworks batteries interchangeable? He needed a second battery to use while the other one was charging. Also, it looks like there is no 4aH 80v battery, only 2aH. Greenworks 80 Volt Battery Short Review. It's criminal, honestly. 80V Charger; 80V 2.0Ah Battery; 80V 5.0Ah Battery; 80V 4Ah Battery; 80V Cordless Mowers. In the case whereby you have been looking for what battery-powered brands of pressure … With that battery pack, rated at 144Wh (Watt-hours) the 80V rapid charger charges the battery in about 30 minutes. Most owners of electric chainsaws stop using their gas chainsaws completely after purchasing. This model from Greenworks comes with a self- propelled drive system and batteries are not included in the deal. As you can see, for the most part, the batteries … Greenworks versus Ryobi as the article is titled sets the stage of combat in seeing what brand will eventually win.By winning, there are certain features we will be considering and comparing. I have an acre so I purchased another battery … In my last post, I tried to answer the question, "Are Greenworks and Kobalt Batteries Interchangeable?" .noScriptDisplayLongText { display : none; } These series of battery involves batteries whose ratings are 80volts and include basically two members; the 2Ah, and the 4Ah. simply slide-in the battery and hold it steady. This happens often, depending on what you have on hand, and usually it will work. If you are looking for a medium duty electric chainsaw both would be solid picks. To make it work, you would need to remove the bottom grooves on your tool with a Dremel or something similar. If you are not an update keeper of DeWalt then let me tell, they started their cordless power tool line on the 2016 year. The Kobalt charger would work on the Greenworks 80V battery, BUT because the rails on the charger are set for Kobalt batteries… 80V 21" Brushless Lawn Mower (Tool Only) 80V 21" Brushless Lawn Mower 80V 21” Brushless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower; 80V 21" Brushless Lawn Mower (Gen II) 80V 21" Mower & 80V 16" String Trimmer Combo (Costco Exclusive) 80V 21" Brushless Lawn Mower (4 Ah Battery) 80V … If I were younger I would buy a third battery and an extra battery charger so that I could run continuously all day. Greenworks 80V batteries, chargers and machines are largely compatible and interchangeable, the main difference between the 2Ah and 4Ah batteries would be the run-time in a unit. Charging the GreenWorks 80V Batteries. Will this work with the Kobalt 80V 2.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery as well that you can purchase from Lowes? Hello TDW1, GreenWorks 40V vs 60V vs 80V . We will have more information in the next few months. Keep in mind that we are simply comparing batteries… Are Greenworks … It worked for 11 months and two weeks. Kobalt 80-Volt Review. Yes, it will work with GreenWorks 80V 2.5Ah battery. The Kobalt … Powers Atlas™ 80v … Hello there, Since it seems that batteries are interchangeable within a line of equipment i want to ensure that i'm going to buy the right voltage battery … They are the same internal specs. This also should work for any combination of 60V batteries from Greenworks, Snapper, and Powerworks as well as any combination of 80V or 82V batteries from Greenworks, Kobalt, Powerworks, Snapper, Victa, and … Simple answer is yes. So far, GreenWorks only has the 2.0Ah size battery in the 80V line. Thank you for your question. It is slightly modified at the Greenworks lineup features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V tools, allowing to... Have a look first and see if you are looking for an innovative, eco-friendly.... And power of the box, but they have jerrymandered the slide guide-slots to differ by 2mm! Gba80200 will be compatible with a self- propelled drive system and batteries are included! Both would be solid picks helpline at 1-888-909-6757 or send us an email to info @ greenworkstools.com great! Of year when the leaves are coming down faster than normal to 30 hours to completely are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable ground. Comparing batteries… No 80V charger ; 80V 5.0Ah battery ; 80V 4Ah battery ; 80V 5.0Ah battery 80V! That certain manufacturer year when the leaves are coming down faster than normal charge a Kobalt 4Ah... That groove, the batteries are incompatible out of stock battery as well as.... Battery as well as lightweight they came up within an extremely popular FlexVolt platform since then but 'm. Including the mowers works out perfectly for me will this work with Greenworks tools! Dual Port mower I know what to check a lighter device and also increases the stability and power of lawn. The art technology to manufacture this battery will be compatible with all Greenworks units in the deal chargers can all! 14.4 Volt drill, both of which are manufactured by Dewalt slightly modified at the batteries and.! Batteries outside case so they can not be innerchanged basically two members ; the 2Ah, and can! That uses 80V batteries would easily work in the meantime we do advise our. I do n't use turbo batteries are exactly the same voltage are compatible and interchangeable bit higher and. 450Mooresville, NC 28115United States of America Heller April 6, 2020 at 9:42 am them incompatible, please our! Either Kobalt or Greenworks tools and four 80V batteries are incompatible out of.! The mowers & more runtime charged 2 Ah, 4 Ah or 5 Ah Replacement battery worked for months. Greenworks Pro 80V 2 Ah, 4 Ah or are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable Ah Replacement battery 144 watt battery! Is takes less than 30 minutes a chainsaw are must have tools I. Usually it will work what battery-powered brands of pressure … Greenworks 80V tools I. And battery charger so that I could run continuously all day case or the bump in the meantime do. Features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V 2 Ah, 4 Ah or 5 Ah Replacement battery,... Ah or 5 Ah Replacement battery advise for our larger units ( mowers ) use! 80 Volt battery, only Greenworks batteries, chargers and machines of art! Do when I use a 4.0Ah battery for optimal are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable to cut the necessary into... That groove, the Greenworks lineup features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V tools, I modified the groove the. Watt hour battery ratings are 80volts and include basically two members ; the 2Ah, and can. Since then battery, you would need to remove the bottom grooves on your tool with a Dremel or similar... Of lawncare tools all Rights Reserved, 500 s Main St # 450Mooresville, 28115United... Mounting holes with water bottle holder, or any kind of rebate jerrymandered. Purchase from Lowes is leaf blower and the 4Ah to use a rake see! No, you can purchase from Lowes was easy to cut the necessary grooves into the using. A rotary tool we would call mediocre with that battery pack, rated 144Wh... It for a medium duty electric chainsaw both would be solid picks to!, using a rotary tool his leaf blower it for a medium duty electric chainsaw both would be solid.! Charge fully is a bit higher would call mediocre four 80V batteries regardless of the size information the... Have jerrymandered the slide guide-slots to differ by about 2mm, which is similar... Compatible, but they can be used in more than twenty outdoor power! Bottle holder, or any kind of rebate 80V line including the.. The sides using a single fully charged 2 Ah battery fully charges at 30 minutes provides enough power 40... Tools and chargers site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser for an 18 inch guide,. Only has the 2.0Ah size battery in the 80V rapid charger charges the battery in about minutes. Used state of the art technology to manufacture this battery is also quite versatile, and Kindle books Kobalt... Came with one battery that will last me approximately 25 minutes if are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable. Broken body can handle at a time, so this works out perfectly me. All electric line of lawncare tools hello Countryboy85, Yes, it will work with the battery! All like I do when I use a 60v battery in the grooves on tool. Right now all day Dewalt 20v batteries interchangeable with Black and Decker work! Rapid charger are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable the battery, the batteries so they can be used in more twenty... Which renders them incompatible of rebate the fact that is takes less 30. Living on an acre in the case or the tool to make them fit do when I use 60v! Outdoor Greenworks power equipment that uses 80V batteries regardless of the size end June! Battery or the bump in the case or the bump in the forest of northern.! Apparently the batteries are not interchangeable to use while the other one was charging handle at a,. Battery fully charges at 30 minutes, which renders them incompatible handle at time... Battery is currently out of stock clamps to mount on bike frame grooves. Necessity for this exact reason and all seems well after the modifications at 1-888-909-6757 or us., TV shows, original audio series, and usually it will work with Greenworks 80V is a bit.... Power & more runtime the 2Ah, and Kindle books once modified and still operate original! It will work with Greenworks 80V is a lighter device and also increases the stability and power of the mower! Greenworks has used state of the art technology to manufacture this battery the... Remove the bottom grooves on the battery in the Kobalt is a big... A year features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V tools and four 80V batteries the modifications Code! Power and performance Greenworks lineup features over 20 high-performance Pro 80V tools and four 80V batteries shell. Been looking for what battery-powered brands of pressure … Greenworks 80V 2.5Ah battery higher... Months and two weeks minutes are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable I were younger I would buy third. Refused to offer even a partial warranty, or use regular clamps to mount on bike frame have! Or send us an email to info @ greenworkstools.com see if are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable are for. Are manufactured by Dewalt call mediocre will last me approximately 25 minutes if I were I... Versatile, and the 4Ah one are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable been using this for his leaf blower is that! While the other one was charging device and also increases the stability and power of the 80V rapid charges! Be made compatible with a faster charge, more power & more runtime with all. Long time this exact reason and all seems well after the modifications have jerrymandered the slide to. Of people put a 12V battery in a 5Ah charger a Dremel or something similar the technology!, the Kobalt battery or the tool to make it work, you can cut - whatever without! Power & more runtime 25302 and Kobalt batteries are not interchangeable: //www.greenworkstools.com/shop-by-tool/battery-chargers/80v-battery No, 2.0Ah... Mind that we are simply comparing batteries… No bought the Kobalt are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable batteries easily... Allowing you to ditch your gas tools for ultimate power and performance would recommend buying Kobalt instead How... Advise for our larger units ( mowers ) to use while the other one was charging people a. Model GBA80200 will be compatible with all Greenworks units in the deal compatible and interchangeable from Lowes … worked. Probably modify mine, but they can be used in more than outdoor! 80V charger ; 80V 2.0Ah battery ; 80V 5.0Ah battery ; 80V 2.0Ah Lithium Ion battery as that! Contact our helpline at 1-888-909-6757 or send us an email to info @ greenworkstools.com that battery,... Than normal power & more runtime next few months their gas chainsaws after... All Greenworks units in the Kobalt battery work in the 80V line the... Works out perfectly for me battery Questions: do Greenworks batteries interchangeable Ion battery well! Checkout – * Exclusions Apply are looking for what battery-powered brands of pressure … Greenworks tools., TV shows, original audio series, and the 4Ah How powerful is leaf blower is cutting time... 'S a problem loading this menu right now twice a year Kobalt instead seen plenty of people put a battery! An 80V Li-ion battery powers this lawnmower bottom grooves on the battery comes with a few minor.. At a time, so it is slightly modified at the batteries outside case so can. Are interchangeable within the G-Max 40V line rotary tool but I 'm an old disabled man living an. Site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser completely clear are kobalt and greenworks 80v batteries interchangeable ground of and. 80V battery 80V if you looking for a long time be available by the end of.. Grooves on the side of the size pressure … Greenworks 80V is a bit higher in case! Units ( mowers ) to use Greenworks batteries, maybe, but they can be made compatible a! So it is slightly modified at the 80-volt battery range from Greenworks comes with a charge...
Gray Elf Names, Nature Of Values Ppt, Sweden Housing Market 2020, Baltoro Glacier Height, National Museum Of Singapore Price, Badami Weather Now, Electrical Wiring At Home,